TrashMaster G

9-1-1: Lone Star

While you're probably right about the accents, this show might not totally suck. I like 9-1-1. It got a lot better in S2 when they replaced Connie Britton with Jennifer Love Hewitt. If the Austin spinoff is written as well as the original, it could be worth checking out.

I enjoy 9-1-1. It's mindless fun.  I just get wary of Hollywood setting anything in Texas.  They love to overplay the stereotypes.

Holy shit lol I just heard them talking about this on the World Series Game 2 intro. I was hoping for a spinoff of Reno 911.

Oh well, yeah, hope they don't butcher the accents too badly, & hopefully there are some good local shots. Anyone know if it's actually gonna be shot here?

Welp, me & my ff buddies just got a good laugh outta this shit. LMAO at an FDNY ff bringing his 'progressive' ff views to Austin to give us a hand. FDNY's firefighting is anything but progressive, and AFD is considered one of the most progressive FDs in the country, along with Phoenix and others.

Lowe stars as Owen Strand, the lone survivor of his Manhattan firehouse on 9/11, who had the unenviable task of rebuilding his station after the horrific attack. After a similar tragedy happens to a firehouse in Austin, TX, Owen, along with his troubled firefighter son, T.K. (Ronen Rubinstein), takes his progressive philosophies of life and firefighting down to Texas, where he helps them start anew.

https://deadline.com/video/9-1-1-lone-star-trailer-first-look-at-rob-lowe-liv-tyler-in-fox-spinoff-series/

Re: the location ... Idk. Those aren't AFD fire trucks.

Edited by wood

Episode One storylines: save man from choking on a breakfast taco, attend to person passed out from the heat in the line at Franklin, dress wounds of John Mueller stabbing victim.

Live Tyler huh? Ok.

And you're absolutely right about the accents...just listen at the very end to the "911, What your emergency" and the tangiest of tangy accents. Ugh.  But my wife and I do like the original show...so probably.

19 hours ago, Deej said:

Episode One storylines: save man from choking on a breakfast taco, attend to person passed out from the heat in the line at Franklin, dress wounds of John Mueller stabbing victim.

Episode Two will revolve around electric scooter injuries.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Live Tyler huh? Ok.

You prefer Dead Tyler?

On 10/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, wood said:

Welp, me & my ff buddies just got a good laugh outta this shit. LMAO at an FDNY ff bringing his 'progressive' ff views to Austin to give us a hand. FDNY's firefighting is anything but progressive, and AFD is considered one of the most progressive FDs in the country, along with Phoenix and others.

https://deadline.com/video/9-1-1-lone-star-trailer-first-look-at-rob-lowe-liv-tyler-in-fox-spinoff-series/

Re: the location ... Idk. Those aren't AFD fire trucks.

NYC guy: I’m here to teach you bumpkin right wing Austinites about progressive values in the Fire Department.   Now, watch and learn ... wait, it looks like we got a hobo taking a shit here and blocking our access to the fire hydrant.  Ok, I’m going to clear him out.

Austin FD: Hold on now, Mr. Big City.   By City of Austin ordinance, you are not allowed to displace this man.  We’re just going to have to let the fire burn until he passes out. 

NYC guy:  What now?  You mean you don’t use the hose on these people?  It will be good for him to have a bath, anyway.   I just ... I’m sorry, I don’t understand.  Are you saying we leave them alone because the mafia will take care of them?  Like, we won’t see them again and we don’t have to get our hands dirty?  Well, that’s cool.  But you gotta tell me who gives the kickbacks around here.  I’ll play ball - I’m not here to step on anyone’s action, but I just need to know.

Austin FD:  Sir, I don’t know how you do things in New York, but here in Austin we believe everyone deserves the basic human dignity of shitting in the street without judgment.   Please check your sanitation privilege before you ride with us again.

NYC guy:  Fuck it, you people are just too much of old fashioned right wing hicks to reason with.  Serves me right for trying to make a difference in Trump country!

Edited by longhornmatt

13 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

What are the odds their hang out is a country bar where they line dance to Kenny Chesney to releive stress?

Did you not see the preview? That's exactly what they do. It may not have been Kenny Chesney, but they probably didn't want to offend Renee Zellweger. 

9 second mark.

Edited by Deej

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"I can't find parking on South Congress, and I may have seen a black man walking down the sidewalk."

47 minutes ago, Deej said:

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"I can't find parking on South Congress, and I may have seen a black man walking down the sidewalk."

We laugh, but we do get some calls every bit as ridiculous as those, even worse at times.

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

What are the odds their hang out is a country bar where they line dance to Kenny Chesney to releive stress?

Just as good as Austin having multiple refinery fires every year.  Plus toss in some frequent water rescues that require multiple boats, helicopters, etc.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, DallasHorn26 said:

They have the flag upside down on the truck in the opening shot (:03).  OUT. 

They obviously got some feedback on that.  Shot was fixed in post-production.