WCF: Warriors vs Blazers

Vic Mackey

I give Portland more of a chance against the Warriors than I would have the Nuggets, but absent a huge backcourt series by Portland, it looks like tough sledding.  Their puncher's chance is that their backcourt might go crazy hot and steal a game or two and they have two players that have that potential.  

15 minutes ago, UTDD said:

I give Portland more of a chance against the Warriors than I would have the Nuggets, but absent a huge backcourt series by Portland, it looks like tough sledding.  Their puncher's chance is that their backcourt might go crazy hot and steal a game or two and they have two players that have that potential.  

The problem for Portland is the real splash brothers are on the opposite team and they get hotter than the sun far quicker than cj and dame. 

4 hours ago, UTDD said:

I thought Jokic would be the one matchup that would cause the Warriors trouble and make that series interesting, at least from a strategic standpoint. But let's be realistic, neither one of those teams would give them a test, even without Durant. I would be stunned if this thing goes longer than 5 games.

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I thought Jokic would be the one matchup that would cause the Warriors trouble and make that series interesting, at least from a strategic standpoint. But let's be realistic, neither one of those teams would give them a test, even without Durant. I would be stunned if this thing goes longer than 5 games.

Jokic is amazing but I think the only chance for either of those teams is one or more players just basically going off for 40-50 point type games multiple times with unusually high efficiency to steal a game or two, and I'd rate Portland with a slightly better chance to get that lucky versus Denver.  I'd be surprised if Portland can make it a good series, but I also haven't forgotten how poorly the Warriors played at times versus the Clippers, so I would not be shocked if they drop at least one game with too many turnovers and mediocre defensive effort.  No KD actually probably helps with the effort issue though.   

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

weird fun stat:   Brother Seth has a higher career 3P% 43.88% to 43.64% . 

stat 2 - Steph's own coach Kerr is the all time NBA leader at a monster 45.40%  (this will never be topped IMO)

I think curry could probably beat that record if he focused on taking quality shots.  He takes some crazy shots and  a lot of contested shots too. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, LTtxfan said:

Not sure KD is needed for Warriors at all in this series, or in the finals, because they are 29-4 when Steph plays and KD doesn’t play.

Warriors win the Western Conf Finals in 5 games.

FIFY

The bench has looked weak all year, but they’ll rise to the occasion. That’s just what this team does, as long as Draymond doesn’t get suspended. They’ll win this series in 5 and we’ll watch Milwaukee or Toronto piss down their leg when they face a team with this much championship experience. 

20 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think curry could probably beat that record if he focused on taking quality shots.  He takes some crazy shots and  a lot of contested shots too. 

That 2% drop is nothing when you know he is MAKING more per game than Kerr TOOK.    To take that quantity and maintain that percentage is fucking insane.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Portland backcourt needs to be sensational for them to have a chance. They weren't even close to that today.

Klay erasing Dame is forgivable. That's what Klay does to the top guard. But if Golden State is going to continue guarding CJ with Steph, CJ has to be more aggressive.

Hard to take much from this one though. Portland is coming off an emotionally draining Game 7 at altitude two days ago. Whatever film work or gameplan they were able to squeeze in was minimal. They're not going to win this series, but they'll play better.

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Portland backcourt needs to be sensational for them to have a chance. They weren't even close to that today.

They were fucking miserable.  Lillard was disastrous.  Curry was outstanding, but Portland's defense was abysmal.  7 uncontested 3's, just on Curry?  Awful.... as bad as their defense was, their offense may have been worse.  Portland looked like they had just been played in Denver.  They didn't come to play.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

On 5/12/2019 at 6:57 PM, LTtxfan said:

Not sure KD is needed for Warriors to win Games #1 and #2 at home.  If I'm Kerr, I hold KD out at least until next Saturday (5/18) or Monday's games (5/20).s

Warriors win the Western Conf Finals in 5 games.

The other thing that struck me tonight was just how calm the Warriors looked. They seemed tight, or harried, against Houston. If they win the next game I'd not be surprised if Warriors win in a sweep.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, NowThis said:

weird fun stat:   Brother Seth has a higher career 3P% 43.88% to 43.64% . 

stat 2 - Steph's own coach Kerr is the all time NBA leader at a monster 45.40%  (this will never be topped IMO)

stat 1: volume matters

stat 2: 1994-96 should be discounted for Kerr. 3pt line moving was a joke. Dunno where he lands if you were to do that, but without looking at his stats I'll guarantee you it'd drop if you did so.