ECF: Bucks vs Raptors

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

C'mon Bucks!

Sucks marv Albert takes over for Harlan

Yep. Harlan's voice is like none other. I'd love to have Harlan on play by play and Hubie Brown on commentary. My 2 favorites. Hubie is no nonsense and no dumb shtick like Mark Jackson does.

Outside of GS/HOU, this is the most compelling matchup of the playoffs so far. I get why there is no chatter around here for Milwaukee and Toronto, but I'm really looking forward to this series.

It's going to be interesting to see how Toronto responds after Kawhi's shot. Those are the kind of things that give an otherwise choking franchise a belief that they've never had before. I remember how Sean Elliott's Memorial Day Miracle shot against Portland changed the trajectory and mindset of the entire Spurs franchise. Toronto, other than Kawhi, was so gun shy in game 7. Maybe they got a little of that stink off them and can now let it fly. Who knows? I still think Milwaukee is better and deeper (especially now that Brogdon is back), and has a major coaching advantage, but this should be great basketball. 

6 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Outside of GS/HOU, this is the most compelling matchup of the playoffs so far. I get why there is no chatter around here for Milwaukee and Toronto, but I'm really looking forward to this series.

It's going to be interesting to see how Toronto responds after Kawhi's shot. Those are the kind of things that give an otherwise choking franchise a belief that they've never had before. I remember how Sean Elliott's Memorial Day Miracle shot against Portland changed the trajectory and mindset of the entire Spurs franchise. Toronto, other than Kawhi, was so gun shy in game 7. Maybe they got a little of that stink off them and can now let it fly. Who knows? I still think Milwaukee is better and deeper (especially now that Brogdon is back), and has a major coaching advantage, but this should be great basketball. 

I thought the same thing as soon as it happened. You’d have to think that everyone’s confidence on that team is as high as it’s ever been. When you know you have the dude that nobody wants to see, and he’s proven it every time he’s been in the post season, it changes everything.

Now I’m going to go drink my pain away as I continue to watch Kawhi do Kawhi things.

42 minutes ago, NowThis said:

someone on ESPN said KL is better than Kobe.  I think it's true. 

That's the closest comp that I can think of given how his offensive game and shot-making has developed. He's a better defending, efficient Kobe.

Which doesn't suck.

7 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Am I wrong in thinking that both of these teams have better defense than Golden State?

Not at all. Definitely Milwaukee. They were the best defensive team all year, no?

Also, look at Kyle Lowry stepping up in a ECF game. Good for him. Ive always kinda liked him as a player, and it never made sense how he was so bad in the postseason all the time. 

I don’t wanna pull a Paul pierce lol but that might be a wrap for this series. You don’t just get 30 point Kyle Lowry games. Couple that with Giannis having 1 fg in the 4th quarter and that had all the makings for the one game to steal on the road.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

53 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

These KL is better than Kobe people have long term memory loss. They only remember what they see today.

For one game, I'd probably take peak Kawhi over peak Kobe. But yeah, obviously he doesn't match up to Kobe's longevity, reliability, availability, and career.

Edited by aggie08

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Marc Gasol playing 39 minutes is pushing the envelope a bit, eh 

That much heralded Toronto bench has sure shrunk to nothing with Van Vleet playing like shit. Ibaka was -17 in his 17 minutes.

Remember that time Kobe faked an injury, sat out the season and acted like a giant bitch? Me neither. Fuck that gold bricking piece of shit. But yeah, he's a hyper efficient but less explosive version of Kobe who also happens to be the best perimeter defensive player in the league. 

As for the game, Milwaukee shot like crap for most of the game but made up for it by killing them on the boards especially with second chance points. Giannis wasn't great. Kawhi looked tired late in the game. Having Brogdan back is really big for Milwaukee.

The bucks are really deep. Normally that doesn't matter as much in the playoffs because the benches get shorter but they can throw a lot of different looks and skillsets at you. And they can rest their stars. Toronto has to feel like they blew a big opportunity tonight. I don't think they can afford to do that against this team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

I'll take Kobe all day. I dumped both of their playoff stats (KB - 15 seasons, KL - 7 seasons) into excel and sorted by PPG. Kobe has 8 out of the top 10 seasons (1-2,4-9). He also can claim career playoff averages of 25.6 ppg,/4.7 apg/5.1 rpg vs Kawhi's career playoff stats of 18.3 ppg,/2.1 apg/7.5 rpg. 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

I'll take Kobe all day. I dumped both of their playoff stats (KB - 15 seasons, KL - 7 seasons) into excel and sorted by PPG. Kobe has 8 out of the top 10 seasons (1-2,4-9). He also can claim career playoff averages of 25.6 ppg,/4.7 apg/5.1 rpg vs Kawhi's career playoff stats of 18.3 ppg,/2.1 apg/7.5 rpg. 

Well Kobe never had to face Matt Barnes in a series. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

For one game, I'd probably take peak Kawhi over peak Kobe. But yeah, obviously he doesn't match up to Kobe's longevity, reliability, availability, and career.

This is probably the right answer.  I'll even expand and say over a series or even peak Kawhi season is better than anything Kobe put up, but when taken in totality, Kobe has him by quite a bit based on longevity and his ability to play more games in a season.  But one series, Kawhi shoots better, scores more efficiently, rebounds better, defends better (although probably pretty close).  Kobe was the better passer (odd to write) although Kawhi is more willing to share.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Remember that time Kobe faked an injury, sat out the season and acted like a giant bitch? Me neither. Fuck that gold bricking piece of shit. But yeah, he's a hyper efficient but less explosive version of Kobe who also happens to be the best perimeter defensive player in the league. 

As for the game, Milwaukee shot like crap for most of the game but made up for it by killing them on the boards especially with second chance points. Giannis wasn't great. Kawhi looked tired late in the game. Having Brogdan back is really big for Milwaukee.

The bucks are really deep. Normally that doesn't matter as much in the playoffs because the benches get shorter but they can throw a lot of different looks and skillsets at you. And they can rest their stars. Toronto has to feel like they blew a big opportunity tonight. I don't think they can afford to do that against this team.

Kobe quit on his team in the playoffs to make a point to the front office. I think in game 7 in the 2006 playoffs, he took one shot the whole second half? And he's a fucking piece of shit rapist. He was the most selfish teammate one could have.

Kawhi quit on his team for a whole season, including the playoffs, to make some sort of point. Fuck him and his retarded uncle. I hope their passports expire and they are banned to spend eternity in Canada.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hate said:

Kawhi quit on his team for a whole season, including the playoffs, to make some sort of point. Fuck him and his retarded uncle. I hope their passports expire and they are banned to spend eternity in Canada.

And without him we're short a ring. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

And without him we're short a ring. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

Thats kinda where I’m at. I swear, I tried to hate him. Fuck him for last year, but when I think about the ‘14 title, it’s almost impossible for me to not root for him if he’s going to be in the east. Dude put in some serious work for the vast majority of the time he was here.

Now, when he goes to LA and they become a contender, might be a different story...

Edited by youdunnf'dup

12 hours ago, NowThis said:

Dont go around saying dumb shit.  Kawhi is great.   He is not a top 10-15 all time player yet.

9 hours ago, Kermit said:

Wasn’t that Lopez brother a Laker? Another intelligent decision made by whoever is in charge of that franchise.

Yes, but he was still working on his shot that season.   He was chucking like mutha and not hitting.     He wasn't rebounding or playing D like this either.    Having a superstar to draw a lot of attention getting you wide open looks helps a lot.   He was TERRIBLE with the Lakers.

21 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yes, but he was still working on his shot that season.   He was chucking like mutha and not hitting.     He wasn't rebounding or playing D like this either.    Having a superstar to draw a lot of attention getting you wide open looks helps a lot.   He was TERRIBLE with the Lakers.

Don’t you dare bring facts into my Lakers-Hate jerk session.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Thats kinda where I’m at. I swear, I tried to hate him. Fuck him for last year, but when I think about the ‘14 title, it’s almost impossible for me to not root for him if he’s going to be in the east. Dude put in some serious work for the vast majority of the time he was here.

Now, when he goes to LA and they become a contender, might be a different story...

Dude, sack up. It’s easy to hate that goldbricking shithead when you remember last season. HE FUCKING QUIT ON HIS TEAM DURING THE SEASON AND THEY HAD TO BEG HIM TO PARTICIPATE AND HE BECAME A LITTLE BITCH AND DISAPPEARED AND HID FROM SPURS SUPPORT STAFF AMONGST OTHER BULLSHIT. Let the hate flow through you.