ECF: Bucks vs Raptors

Vic Mackey

Just my armchair take but it seems like Giannis gets tired at the end of a lot of these games. Wonder if he's been hitting the weights a bit much in lieu of conditioning. Or just needs to learn to pace himself a bit better. 

And now they're talking about it haha

Edited by ztejas

Also, Kawhi is staying in Toronto. I just don’t see how it can go any other way. From this point, whether they lose a game 7 in this series or they make it to the finals (win or lose) he has to run this back. Props to Toronto for seeing an opportunity to get a once in a lifetime player.

Also, Kawhi is staying in Toronto. I just don’t see how it can go any other way. From this point, whether they lose a game 7 in this series or they make it to the finals (win or lose) he has to run this back. Props to Toronto for seeing an opportunity to get a once in a lifetime player.

Yeah. You don’t know this fuckstick. He doesn’t care — or is too stupid to care. His family is calling the shots. He gone.

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He’s not staying.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah. You don’t know this fuckstick. He doesn’t care — or is too stupid to care. His family is calling the shots. He gone.

Well I hope he stays...the hell out of the western conference. Giannis may win MVP this year, but Kawhi is clearly the best player in the east. 

There are still plenty of people on this board and in the media that feel like the warriors need KD to win that series. I’m sure as fuck not one of them, but it isn’t exactly an unpopular opinion. 

GS is just sitting at home chillin, resting, studying both of these teams. That series is going 5, 6 games max.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

37 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Fucking hell. Kawhi is going to win a championship, isn’t he? 

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce7643c6b6f6e6a41

Laugh all you want...champions...of the eastern conference 

But really. They should laugh.  There’s no way this raptors team is beating GS w or w/o KD.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

56 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I was told these were good teams, they are not. Golden State will destroy either team.

Golden State and Houston don't really look like great teams when they play each other, so it could be that these teams are actually both pretty good.

10 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

Golden State and Houston don't really look like great teams when they play each other, so it could be that these teams are actually both pretty good.

Both teams are really good defensively, so there is that. I just feel like outside of one guy (Kawhi), everyone in this series is going to be wide eyed and nervous when the stakes are higher. You could kinda see it in this game. Both teams knew how big that game was. It’s just another day at the office for GS. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Webber calling out Greek Freak for sitting the final mins was greatness. “Injury doesn’t look that bad, especially for the playoffs” lol. 

GS already played the finals. There is a reason their back ups and bench excelled against Portland but could not play 5 mins against Houston. Portland sucks. These two East teams would probably lose to Denver and Portland or at least 1-1. Solid gap from the top 2. 

Freak is a great player, but is completely missing the mental makeup to lead a team to a title. He is watch his team while KL is willing his team. Two different classes of player. 

55 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Webber calling out Greek Freak for sitting the final mins was greatness. “Injury doesn’t look that bad, especially for the playoffs” lol. 

GS already played the finals. There is a reason their back ups and bench excelled against Portland but could not play 5 mins against Houston. Portland sucks. These two East teams would probably lose to Denver and Portland or at least 1-1. Solid gap from the top 2. 

Freak is a great player, but is completely missing the mental makeup to lead a team to a title. He is watch his team while KL is willing his team. Two different classes of player. 

Is this guy some sort of Houston homer or something? Because that is fucking dumb right there.

Omg, the mighty Rockets couldn't beat them, so it's all over!

Milwaukee and Toronto would kill Houston. Fuck, the 6ers could probably take Houston.

Edited by Pam Cummings

If Giannis can't consistently get into the paint against Kawhi and force help, this series is over. The Bucks half court offense is terrible (without a dominant Giannis), and Toronto doesn't cough up enough turnovers to get them going in transition. How much is Eric Bledsoe making again?

(obvious takes are obvious)

Correct thread this time:

Kawhi's last two postseasons:

27.7/7.8/4.6 on 52.5/45.5/93.1%

31.4/8.4/3.6 on 51.2/41.1/88.7%

Both of those offenses basically devolved into, "Here's the ball, Kawhi.  Please do something." and his efficiency is still absurd.

Kawhi has guarded Giannis for 34 plays this series. During that time, Giannis is 9-25 (36%), Kawhi has 3 blocked shots, and 2 steals. Against the MVP of the league. I’m usually not a prisoner of the moment, but he’s the best player in the league. Straight up. And if you wanna argue KD, I can go 1a and 1b, but nobody else in the league is capable of shutting down an MVP and dropping 35 on any given night the way kawhi can. KD is the best scorer, and he’s a good defender, but Kawhi has a lot more on his shoulders in Toronto. He doesn’t have a Steph or Klay that other teams have to account for 25-30 feet away from the basket. If he were to go down, that’s it for them. And now they’re one game away from the finals. What he’s doing to the best defensive team in the league, when he’s clearly not 100%, is just crazy. They’ve also had a pretty tough road to the finals, or at least as tough a road as an eastern conference team could take over the last however many years. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, CBT said:

Jfc

I'd like to see that same stat for James Harden and his defenders.. Eyeball tells me that James vs. KL doesn't affect James that much, true? 

Just in the last month, the best player has gone from KD to Steph and now Kawhi (but only when they win!)