The Loudest Voice

RPM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

It is very well done but it also makes me angry and disgusted.

Roger Ailes was a gigantic garbage heap of a person and I hope he’s enjoying hell.

True that. But Crowe is playing it perfectly. Seth MacFarlane is crushing his role, too. The one thing that surprised me is how weak they portray Rupert Murdoch.

The sad thing is this is based on a true story.

Crowe is fantastic in this series. The whole series so far is well done and just shows what a piece of shit Fox News was and still is. Just surprised that Murdoch’s family haven’t done more to stop how Fox twists the truth, and creates manipulative lies. And how much they’ve supported and encouraged this president to say the fabrications he spouts. Especially the children who I heard hated Ailes and were more liberal. Money controls. 

“People don’t want be informed, they want to feel informed.”

“We don’t follow the news. We make the news.”

“There’s a whole world of folks that don’t know what to believe. They’re so twisted up by the liberal media they don’t even know who the good guys are anymore. Now you tell those people what to think, you’ve lost them. But if you tell them how to feel, they’re yours.”

-Roger Ailes

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t realize there was a thread.  Loving this show.  Definitely got me thinking about THE INSIDER. My friends and I were obsessed with that movie when it came out.   That Lisa Gerrard song “Sacrifice” was so good.

Homer from The OA got pretty chubby for the Lindsley role.

Thought it captured the essence of Roger Ailes perfectly.  Also, the Murdoch's.  They supposedly took the high road with Ailes but Fox News is worse now, believe it or not.  They realized after the fired the expensive on air talent, their ratings essentially stayed the same which meant more profit.

• 3 weeks later...