Student Loan Refi

• 4 months later...

I looked into it just last week but my rate is favorable above what I was seeing.  I just did the generic rate/offer solicitation from Credible, which I saw referenced in a publication as a reliable referral, with minimal information from me (no credit was pulled) and the lowest fixed rate I was getting back was around 3.2 - 3.5%.  I think this was the day Treasury lowered rates so they might be lower now.  I was hoping for something a little lower but the going rates seem to be 3's from what I saw.  If anybody has knows a better one on a fixed rate holla at me.

On 9/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, Spur08 said:

I guess another question is whether or not it takes a few days/weeks for the rate decrease to trickle down to the lenders?

On 9/24/2019 at 10:22 PM, Spur08 said:

I'm back looking with the rate drop last week. Anyone refi lately?

i saw 4.35% fixed for 10 years a couple months ago, but didn't jump on it and it seems to have disappeared.  not that 4.5% for 10 is much different, but i'd expect a couple months of falling rates to not have made the situation worse (but see 1 year LIeBOR, which is up over a month ago). 

17 hours ago, LebongJames said:

My wife and I both refinanced with Sofi-Mohela. We both got 4.375. Everything was super smooth and we have had no issues. Also no penalty for paying off early.

i'm fairly certain federal regs prohibit early payment penalties for student loans. 

32 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

What are the options for graduates with jobs refinancing without a co-signer? Co-signer looking to take some of these loans off their books.

how long has graduate with job been making on time payments?  cosigners can be removed after a certain number (though it's a few years' worth).

otherwise, have said graduate look on credible to see what the offers are.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:26 PM, elfenix said:

how long has graduate with job been making on time payments?  cosigners can be removed after a certain number (though it's a few years' worth).

otherwise, have said graduate look on credible to see what the offers are.

Thanks. Student hasn't been out long, so not a lot of history on payments yet. 

While I'm a dad, this is for a family member. Thank goodness.