Patrick Vahe to Ravens

Slacks

Vahe is gonna tear up The League!  Mark my words.
He's going to be good for the current Ravens QBs and the associated running game... They need a starter at left guard... If the scheme is right, he has a shot.

Took a locker downgrade going pro..

But at least looks like the Ravens have updated the past 5 years or so unlike many NFL teams. If NFL had to recruit like CFB, Jerry would have robotic arms that puts on the pads while players stand there munching a protein bar..

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, hookem48 said:

well he better give a hell of a lot more effort than he did in college.

lol I don't think he wasn't trying, I just don't think he was a focused killer every single play. Probably has something to do with his initial coaching when he got here.....

1 hour ago, boilerhorn said:

Ravens cut OG Alex Lewis today.  Saves them $2 million against the cap and opens an OL position.  Perhaps Vahe can fill it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27325895/ravens-cut-og-lewis-passed-physical

That article lists several options, none of which are Vahe. I appreciate his efforts here and his love for the university but Patrick Vahe is not going to be a starting guard in the NFL this season. Probably ever, save for the possibility of a relief outing here and there if he's able to piece together a career as a backup. I'd honestly be surprised if he made the active roster as a rookie. Giving up interior pressure regularly is not something NFL teams are looking to pay for.

4 hours ago, Zavala said:

lol I don't think he wasn't trying, I just don't think he was a focused killer every single play. Probably has something to do with his initial coaching when he got here.....

Watch the LJH extra effort plays last year and see what player is standing around with his thumb up his ass when everyone else is pushing the pile.

• 3 weeks later...