Traffic Is Serious Business

Vic Mackey

Couple of things. 

Clearly nobody is filing an insurance claim.  Cause the insurance would tell both these clowns to fuck off and drop their asses.  But the cops showing up would be interesting.

Also

Just cause you put on your turn signal does not mean I have to let your ass in.  It is merely a request that can be grantees or denied.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Yep, signal is a warning, not a request.

Get in where you fit in. I am not going out of my way to slow down and let someone in. I am a very conservative, defensive driver so I am usually camped out in the right lane and don't care if people get in front of me. But I am not going out of my way and decreasing my speed because they don't know where they need to be at the correct time. Especially dumb asses who are trying to exit or don't realize a certain lane is an exit only lane. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Depends if there's another car in the spot you want to be in. The expectation, and the law, aren't in your favor if you put your blinker on and careen into a car in the adjacent lane.

This is the rub of course.  I don't signal until I see a gap, and fellows that move up to close the gap so I can't move over ought to have their.... 

It's just common decency.

Dude was driving his car and seconds later had a huge ass lead pipe in his hand. He keeps that thing in reach at all times. He's been waiting to do something like that. What a psycho.

My driving pet peeve is that I take 35 North and exit 71 East on my commute to work. Both East and West have dedicated exit lanes. Often there is a backup to go West on 71. And whenever there is, a slew of inconsiderate shitheels fly by the line in the East exit lane and try to cut over into the West exit lane at the last minute. Of course the other drivers who waited in that long-ass line don't let them in, so said shitheels stop in the middle of the lane waiting for someone to let them in, creating a completely unnecessary backup for those of us going East. I always lay on the horn and give them the finger when I eventually get to pass them. Hate those fuckers. 

9 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Pipe?  Looks like machete to me.

Yeah. I actually thought that too. If a dude gets out of his car with road rage and starts chopping up your car with a machete, and you gun him down, do you think you get charged in Texas?

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

Dude was driving his car and seconds later had a huge ass lead pipe in his hand. He keeps that thing in reach at all times. He's been waiting to do something like that. What a psycho.
My driving pet peeve is that I take 35 North and exit 71 East on my commute to work. Both East and West have dedicated exit lanes. Often there is a backup to go West on 71. And whenever there is, a slew of inconsiderate shitheels fly by the line in the East exit lane and try to cut over into the West exit lane at the last minute. Of course the other drivers who waited in that long-ass line don't let them in, so said shitheels stop in the middle of the lane waiting for someone to let them in, creating a completely unnecessary backup for those of us going East. I always lay on the horn and give them the finger when I eventually get to pass them. Hate those fuckers. 
Yeah. I actually thought that too. If a dude gets out of his car with road rage and starts chopping up your car with a machete, and you gun him down, do you think you get charged in Texas?

The correct way to merge in terms of efficiency is zipper merge, not waiting in a long single line. Problem is, everyone would have to do it for it to work properly. But we don't and probably never will. No idea why this isn't taught right when kids start to drive. I know I was never taught this method and didn't even know this was a thing until way after I started driving.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
26 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Read more  

The correct way to merge in terms of efficiency is zipper merge, not waiting in a long single line. Problem is, everyone would have to do it for it to work properly. But we don't and probably never will. No idea why this isn't taught right when kids start to drive. I know I was never taught this method and didn't even know this was a thing until way after I started driving.

This isn't a merge. Misused the word "merge". I meant "change lanes". When two lanes converge into one, it's zipper time. This is two exit lanes - one going east and one going west. Selfish and lazy West bound fuckers stay in East lane to avoid waiting in line, try to muscle their way over into West exit lane at the last second and end up blocking the totally free East bound lane. Fuck those people.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

This isn't a merge. Misused the word "merge". I meant "change lanes". When two lanes converge into one, it's zipper time. This is two exit lanes - one going east and one going west. Selfish and lazy West bound fuckers stay in East lane to avoid waiting in line, try to muscle their way over into West exit lane at the last second and end up blocking the totally free East bound lane. Fuck those people.

"Whoa, I must be in the wrong lane, I need to move over.  I'll go to the end of this long line of traffic and some nice person will let me in."

1 minute ago, CycleTex87 said:

"Whoa, I must be in the wrong lane, I need to move over.  I'll go to the end of this long line of traffic and some nice person will let me in."

I'm actually fine with rolling the dice and hoping there's a construction truck that always leaves a lot of room between the car in front so you can maybe get over at the last minute. But if you roll the dice and no one lets you in, you ought to keep going the wrong way, exit and u-turn around. You don't fucking stop and block traffic going the other way. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

When I signal to change lanes, I'm not asking, I'm telling.

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

This is the way most people drive in Houston.  Fuck other drivers, my blinker is on so I'm going where ever the fuck I want and tough shit it it means you have to slam on your brakes to avoid getting hit.  The rest of the people in Houston do the same thing, but they don't use their blinker.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

12 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I'm actually fine with rolling the dice and hoping there's a construction truck that always leaves a lot of room between the car in front so you can maybe get over at the last minute. But if you roll the dice and no one lets you in, you ought to keep going the wrong way, exit and u-turn around. You don't fucking stop and block traffic going the other way. 

Yea that never happens. Those people should be fucked up

This is the way most people drive in Houston.  Fuck other drivers, my blinker is on so I'm going where ever the fuck I want and tough shit it it means you have to slam on your brakes to avoid getting hit.  The rest of the people in Houston do the same thing, but they don't use their blinker.
And this is the reason so many accidents happen every day. Find a safe spot to merge over. Their blinker means jack shit to me if I am already occupying that lane. I'm not going out of my way to move or slow down for some dipshit who decided at the last second they needed over. You want to hit me, that's cool. We can file an insurance claim and you can have an at fault accident to deal with.

No idea why people are in a hurry and risk their lives to get somewhere 45 seconds faster.

10 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Pipe?  Looks like machete to me.

Sure looked like machete to me too

13 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Clearly nobody is filing an insurance claim.  Cause the insurance would tell both these clowns to fuck off and drop their asses.

these idiots ain't got no insurance foo

I make it a point to never change lanes with a shitty car behind me in the lane I want to enter. 100% chance they have no insurance and want to make it a point to not let me in. I always look for a higher end foreign car or fleet driver to merge with. 

19 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Probably you would get away with shooting him, especially if you did it right away as soon as he started towards your car with the weapon in his hand. The whole idea is if you felt a "credible fear" of death or serious bodily harm. 

Once he started beating on the car itself and didn't make a move towards you, then it would be harder to argue self-defense... but under Texas law you could then make an argument about protecting your property, which allows deadly force in some circumstances.

Ironically, the existence of all of the witnesses and at least one video would make this particular case more open to interpretation and more likely to go to trial. 

/self defense talk not going away

And this is the reason so many accidents happen every day. Find a safe spot to merge over. Their blinker means jack shit to me if I am already occupying that lane. I'm not going out of my way to move or slow down for some dipshit who decided at the last second they needed over. You want to hit me, that's cool. We can file an insurance claim and you can have an at fault accident to deal with.

That works until they change their story on how the accident happened and you end up stuck filing on your own insurance. I saw it thousands of times back in my claims days.

22 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

When I signal to change lanes, I'm not asking, I'm telling.

21 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If someone signals, I'll let them in.  But I'm not obligated to.  You do not have the right of way when merging into another lane just because you signaled.  And people who signal and cut in forcing drivers already in that lane to hit their brakes are the fucking worst.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Who the fuck does something like that? I get plenty mad at other drivers and flash the bird a lot - more than I should - but I wouldn't get out of my fucking car and beat on the one next to me with a lead pipe FFS. 

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

I let people over if they signal out of appreciation that they used their fucking signal. What rustles me up is when we are 10 deep in the left lane and Johnny Riceburner tried to pass 6 cars in the right lane and cut in front of me. Nope!
You're not passing anyone quit hanging out in the left lane.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

That works until they change their story on how the accident happened and you end up stuck filing on your own insurance. I saw it thousands of times back in my claims days.

Oh I get that. It will be a pain in the ass for both of us all because someone is being extremely aggressive. I don't get why people risk that just to get one car ahead. Again, I have no issue if they want to get over and in front of me. If it's safe, do it. I am not going to speed up like some assholes. But I am also not going out of my way to change my speed drastically to let you over just because your blinker is on. Speed up if you have to and get in front of me further up ahead or drop your speed somewhat and fall behind me.

Also since this is now a general traffic thread, another thing that bothers me is how many people have no idea which lane they need to occupy especially when it comes to exit only lanes and certain lanes merging to this highway. They realize at the last second they are not in the right lane and cut back into traffic at the last possible second. Pay attention dumb asses. This is a big thing in the Dallas area. We have so many highways that merge and split off. And then you have Express versions of highways now that are tolls. But so many are pre occupied with other shit in their vehicles.

22 hours ago, irishtexan said:

no

23 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Out here, signalling is for suckers.  It just triggers people to close the gap.  You need the element of surprise to merge.  

This is how you properly swoop as well.  I use the no look lane change at times, head facing one way and eyes the other.