Traffic Is Serious Business

Vic Mackey

I drove a 74 Cordoba around Waco in the late eighties.  Vinyl top was about half way gone.  Hubcaps only on one side of the vehicle and I never washed it.  I also put nothing in it but Golden State oil...

Nobody, I mean NOBODY, ever tried to cut me off, dive in front of me on a merge or pull out in front of me.  

• Like 2

On 5/14/2019 at 8:42 PM, Clintonaldo said:

I let people over if they signal out of appreciation that they used their fucking signal. What rustles me up is when we are 10 deep in the left lane and Johnny Riceburner tried to pass 6 cars in the right lane and cut in front of me. Nope!

Johnny Riceburner at 3:30

I had to drive to Dallas VA today. Jesus H. Christ how do you people deal with this everyday? Traffic is horrible and mostly because people can't fucking drive. The goal appears to be get to the left lane as soon as possible then drive at whatever speed you feel like. 70 is kinda scary, so let's drive 55 and make damn sure we don't leave a gap on the right for someone to get around. Nobody has any concept of flow. We need those driverless cars asap.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

I had to drive to Dallas VA today. Jesus H. Christ how do you people deal with this everyday? Traffic is horrible and mostly because people can't fucking drive. The goal appears to be get to the left lane as soon as possible then drive at whatever speed you feel like. 70 is kinda scary, so let's drive 55 and make damn sure we don't leave a gap on the right for someone to get around. Nobody has any concept of flow. We need those driverless cars asap.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2019 at 1:18 PM, CycleTex87 said:

"Whoa, I must be in the wrong lane, I need to move over.  I'll go to the end of this long line of traffic and some nice person will let me in."

Coming off the southbound upper deck of 35 at 11th. Right lane is the exit. Fuckers move to it, run to the front of the line of the left lane, cant get over, and you get stuck behind them while you're trying to exit. Every fucking time. 

On 5/15/2019 at 2:50 PM, BonzoMontreaux said:

I drove a 74 Cordoba around Waco in the late eighties.  Vinyl top was about half way gone.  Hubcaps only on one side of the vehicle and I never washed it.  I also put nothing in it but Golden State oil...

Nobody, I mean NOBODY, ever tried to cut me off, dive in front of me on a merge or pull out in front of me.  

How was the fine Corinthian leather?

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Sbbruin said:

Out here, signalling is for suckers.  It just triggers people to close the gap.  You need the element of surprise to merge.  

This is so true. First time I rented a car after flying into LAX the guy was giving me the look over for any dents etc. I asked if was going to check lights, signals and such, dude just looked at me and said ; signals are for the weak and tourist, then tossed me the keys and walked away.

Still can't get used to the bikers that go between cars at full speed though, that seems like a death wish.

Get to places faster, in a timely manner when I use the middle and right lanes. Despite signs saying left lane for passing only, Amber alert signs saying "camp in our state parks, not the left lane", it's always a shit show.

Merge onto highway, middle lane, then home in your left lane. Going 65, dont care if you're keeping pace with the big rig next to you, or the line of cars behind you, not budging. Then when your exit approaches, slow down, moving over slowly, people slamming on the brakes for you. Then its onto the next asshole parked in the left lane.

4 hours ago, Mr.Hovis said:

Still can't get used to the bikers that go between cars at full speed though, that seems like a death wish.

Agreed. The entire 405 is stop and go and some dude on a bike comes VRRRRROOOOOOOOM down the stripe at full speed. If I don't happen to see him in the mirror first it can be startling as hell. And I always wonder how these guys don't eventually plow into one of the cars parked in front of him. I hate that shit. 

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Agreed. The entire 405 is stop and go and some dude on a bike comes VRRRRROOOOOOOOM down the stripe at full speed. If I don't happen to see him in the mirror first it can be startling as hell. And I always wonder how these guys don't eventually plow into one of the cars parked in front of him. I hate that shit. 

Have seen the CHPs do it as well so I guess it's just part of the commute to the locals.

11 hours ago, Dewey said:

Get to places faster, in a timely manner when I use the middle and right lanes. Despite signs saying left lane for passing only, Amber alert signs saying "camp in our state parks, not the left lane", it's always a shit show.

Merge onto highway, middle lane, then home in your left lane. Going 65, dont care if you're keeping pace with the big rig next to you, or the line of cars behind you, not budging. Then when your exit approaches, slow down, moving over slowly, people slamming on the brakes for you. Then its onto the next asshole parked in the left lane.

Kiss of death is to be the first to run up behind one of those in the left. Everyone behind you merges into the gap on the right and all you can do is wait and wind up in the back of that line. 

I think my personal favorite fuck you is when the car is passing someone really slow then once they get finally get past and move over, they speed up. WTF didn't you just speed up to pass? 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, RPM said:

We already have driverless cars.  Everywhere.

just because people are sitting in them doesn't mean they are actually driven.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, RPM said:

Agreed. Dallas has gotten worse over the last decade. Not sure if it is the influx of all the out of state people who moved here or what. Traffic is a constant thing. Starts earlier and ends later. The highways used to not make me nervous that much. Now they do, especially 635. I hear people say all the time when they take 35 up north to Oklahoma, you can see the drastic difference of Dallas drivers to the smaller towns.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, Armybrat said:

Quit driving like a bat outta hell. 💩

They're not. It just seems that way when you're in the horse and buggy.

And here in Baton Rouge I would really like to meet the planner that decided it was a good idea to have an on ramp merge into an exit only lane merge into the through lane. I'll be moving back to West Texas when I retire in a few months and the traffic is one reason I'm leaving this place.

• Fuck You 1

On 5/19/2019 at 6:00 PM, happyhookem said:

They're not. It just seems that way when you're in the horse and buggy.

And here in Baton Rouge I would really like to meet the planner that decided it was a good idea to have an on ramp merge into an exit only lane merge into the through lane. I'll be moving back to West Texas when I retire in a few months and the traffic is one reason I'm leaving this place.

If you ever move back to West Texas( me- raised in WT, lived in H-town 16 years and just moved back to WT)

Get ready to be 15-20 minutes early to every fucking thing.  LOlz.

It's weird how traffic just gets ingrained in your planning process.