The Prophecy is true! Idiocracy

Loco

...The U.S. Embassy in Vienna announced on Facebook that ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2019/05/14/mcdonalds-austria-double-mini-u-s-embassies-tourists/3672262002/

I searched the official embassy website and there is no mention of this agreement in the news or press release sections (or anywhere on the site):

https://at.usembassy.gov/

It bothers me greatly that government entities are effectively supporting/endorsing a commercial platform (facebook) by using it as their news release channel (especially when it's done so exclusively). 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In a related story, Mexico just announced that any Mexicans in the US who are in trouble and need consular assistance can go to.....well, any fucking restaurant they want to, as the back of the house is run by Mexicans.

Especially if it's one of the really good ones that doubles as a Bus stop. You have BOH assistance and evac all in one location 

37 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i can't even imagine the mechanics of that.  what is someone making $7/hr going to be able to do for you other than let you use the phone?

That's what it sounds like it is. They'll have a phone you can use and the numbers you can call. 

The Austrian fry guy isn't going to be preparing your new passport documentation or whatever. 

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

10 hours ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

That's what it sounds like it is. They'll have a phone you can use and the numbers you can call. 

The Austrian fry guy isn't going to be preparing your new passport documentation or whatever. 

But..... he might know a guy in Linz.