Las Vegas woman charged with murder after pushing elderly man off bus

Goo Punch

video and story:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1005906 

I was kind of surprised to see a murder charge here. I assume it's likely that she pleads down to lesser charges, but again i was surprised that they were able to charge someone with murder for an act like this, particularly when he didn't die until weeks later and refused medical treatment at the scene. Either way this lady is human scum and she deserves whatever time she gets and more. 

Looks like involuntary manslaughter (negligent homicide) at a minimum to me, depending on the language of Nevada statute. A good DA should be able to nail her for murder, and she fucking deserves it.  Anyone capable of doing something like that deserves to be removed from society for a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Probably not, but she deserves as much time as they can give her.

Agree. I don’t think her thought was to kill him but you shove a man that old and frail of the step of a bus holding his little cart in front of his legs (making it less likely that he was going to be able to step forward and avoid a fall) you have to know that by far the most likely scenario is that he face plants on concrete. Any reasonable person would think there’s a tremendous risk of great harm.  Agree, not murder but whatever level this falls to short of murder she probably deserves the maximum penalty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

She shoved a guy and he died because of it.  Same as losing your temper and punching someone and they end up dead.  How are those normally dealt with? 

was she trying to kill him? if not, doesn't the DA usually go for manslaughter or reckless endangerment or something?