Teens vs Rotary Phone

RPM

William Joseph Camfield was a popular television personality in Fort Worth, Texas, in the 1950s and 1960s. He is best known as Icky Twerp, host of the kids’ show Slam Bang Theatre, and Gorgon, host of the horror film series Nightmare. Wikipedia

Born: June 27, 1929, Mineral Wells, TX
Died: September 30, 1991

• Like 2

Fake as fuck, but in any event, is it really surprising that a kid would struggle with something that went obsolete before they were born? Are we supposed to be laughing "lol, stupid millenials"? Because that's a ridiculous reason to yet again make fun of the yoots. If someone put a telegraph in front of you and told you to send the message "Hi, how are you" how many people could do that today? Brat probably, but anyone else? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Fake as fuck, but in any event, is it really surprising that a kid would struggle with something that went obsolete before they were born? Are we supposed to be laughing "lol, stupid millenials"? Because that's a ridiculous reason to yet again make fun of the yoots. If someone put a telegraph in front of you and told you to send the message "Hi, how are you" how many people could do that today? Brat probably, but anyone else? 

"Haha! Stupid kids! They'll never amount to anything. Now come over here and explain my cell phone to me for the 26th time."

• Haha 2

I remember a few years back when I was at my dad's house we were watching an old movie on TCM and a scene pops up where the mother picks up the second telephone and listens in on the conversation. My youngest brother, who was born in 2000, exclaims, "how can she listen to someone else's conversation?! You would have to hack the phone to do that!" We all laughed and then explained to him what rotary and landline telephones are. We didn't have a landline phone (only cellphones) so he had never seen or used one.  

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Related image

• Like 3
  • Haha 1