Man kicked off Southwest flight (to Austin) after making joke about vodka

Nueces River Rat

55 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

She came by and was like, ‘I don’t think that and I didn’t like your joke,’” he said. “Then my wife tried to butt in there and say, ‘Look it, we’ve been on this plane for hours.’ And she says, ‘Well, so have I, so get used to it.

This response is so far outside what the airline would want them to say that I can believe she got him kicked off for a bad joke. She’s had a shitty day, probably took a ton of crap already. He was just the straw that broke the camels back.  On an average day his joke wouldn’t have been a thing.  She just snapped on the guy. 

Yeah - and that wasn't even the wife of the Joker - that woman was another passenger trying to diffuse the situation.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Apparently you don't fly much.  It completely adds up. 

i've flown plenty.  the story doesn't make sense.  either she's crazy or something else happened.  i'm going with the latter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

They should convert all planes to ethanol fuel and just give each passenger a tube so we can suck it right from the tanks.

Heh!  That would work just fine for flights out of Provo, but can you imagine those flights full of bachelor parties inbound for Vegas?  They'd fall out of the sky mid-trip.

51 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

You know, I was on this Southwest flight once, and I’m sitting there, and the captain gets on and does his whole you know “we’ll be cruising at 35,000 feet,” but then he put puts the mic down and forgets to turn it off. And he turns to the co-pilot and he’s like “you know, all I could use right now is a fuckin’ blow job and a cup of coffee.” So the stewardess goes fuckin’ bombing up from the back of the plane to tell him that his microphone’s still on and this guy in the back of the plane’s like “hey hun, don't forget the coffee”

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You know, I was on this Southwest flight once, and I’m sitting there, and the captain gets on and does his whole you know “we’ll be cruising at 35,000 feet,” but then he put puts the mic down and forgets to turn it off. And he turns to the co-pilot and he’s like “you know, all I could use right now is a fuckin’ blow job and a cup of coffee.” So the stewardess goes fuckin’ bombing up from the back of the plane to tell him that his microphone’s still on and this guy in the back of the plane’s like “hey hun, don't forget the coffee”
It's not your fault.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

That's the spot.

You’re doing it wrong. 

10 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Flight attendants and teachers have one thing in common. They both think they have the hardest job in the world. 

And stay-at-home moms.  Don’t forget those self-absorbed pity-seeking bitches.

• Like 2

Full disclosure, I work for an airline and my girlfriend is a flight attendant.  

Last year a group of college kids are boarding the airplane.   One of them looked her up and down and says, “I’d fuck her.” out loud to his buddies and  ask her if she’d like to join the mile high club.    She steps into the flight deck to tell the captain she’s just been harassed and would like this guy removed from the airplane.   Meanwhile the guy heads down the aisle to the back of the airplane and grabs a seat. 

It takes a few minutes to work through the process but eventually the agent comes back to the back of the airplane, where the guy has been joking and respectfully friendly with his fellow passengers.  He gets singled out and told to leave the airplane. He puts up a huge dramatic argument about how he didn’t do anything. None of the other passengers had heard what he said when he was boarding so they all stand up for him as well.   

Everyone on board thinks he’s getting kicked off for no reason and the airline is overreacting.   None of them heard what he said in the incident long before he got kicked off,  which is what he’s really getting kicked off for.   

I bet a Rocco style paycheck that the guy in the story did not get kicked off simply for a vodka comment.  But we’ll never know. 

All that being said, we definitely have a few bad apples in the flight attendant ranks.    SWA employs 20,000 flight attendants.  There’s going to be a few. Without a doubt, this is being investigated and if it went down like the New York post says it did she’ll be fired. 

This was my thought, has to be more than a single dumb joke. Maybe she had a bad day and snapped, but my guess is he got hammered in the airport bar and made some comments the other passengers didn’t hear. My guess is the other passengers were also biased against anyone wearing a SWA uniform after sitting on the tarmac for a fucking hour and clouded their memory of events.

10 hours ago, Assman said:

I haven't kicked anyone off my plane, but I have told more than one passenger to "sit down and shut the fuck up". 

There was this Russian guy on my plane once. He was a pain in the ass threatening my family and making all kinds of crazy demands. I threw him off with a firm, "Get off my plane."

Surprisingly, the night didn't get much better.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

i've flown plenty.  the story doesn't make sense.  either she's crazy or something else happened.  i'm going with the latter.

Yes, b/c women are known for not overreacting to innocuous shit. 

But, who knows.  If it went down the way the story was relayed, it's complete bullshit and the story is coming from an unaffiliated 3rd party.   It seems if it was some delayed response to an earlier action his seatmates didn't know about, it would have happened a lot earlier.  Sounds like they'd been on the plane a while, by that point.

23 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Back in the 80s, more than one Russian jet fighter crashed in cold weather because the pilots or crew were drinking the alcohol-based de-icing solution.

Having been to Novosibirsk in January, it is easier to understand why the pilots would drink de-icing solution.

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And stay-at-home moms.  Don’t forget those self-absorbed pity-seeking bitches.

When she takes care of the kids all week she calls it "work". Then the weekend comes after I've actually worked all week and she hands me the kids and calls it "daddy time"

- Dan McDowell

• Like 2

Recently sat down at a bar to grab some food before boarding a flight that was delayed. Guy next to me was FUCKED UP. Belligerent and just a complete ass to the bartender and stumbling drunk. He ends up getting on my plane and started the same shit. I figured shit was going to get ugly, but the pilot came out and they had him removed and he went along with it. I thought I'd end up with some great video of a drunk oilfield guy getting the shit beat out of him by airport security. I ended up with nothing. But at least our flight wasn't delayed any more than it already was. Well handled by the stewardesses and pilots. Popo probably would have shot him. And themselves, and a few passengers. And any dogs in cargo.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Recently sat down at a bar to grab some food before boarding a flight that was delayed. Guy next to me was FUCKED UP. Belligerent and just a complete ass to the bartender and stumbling drunk. He ends up getting on my plane and started the same shit. I figured shit was going to get ugly, but the pilot came out and they had him removed and he went along with it. I thought I'd end up with some great video of a drunk oilfield guy getting the shit beat out of him by airport security. I ended up with nothing. But at least our flight wasn't delayed any more than it already was. Well handled by the stewardesses and pilots. Popo probably would have shot him. And themselves, and a few passengers. And any dogs in cargo.

I wasn't stumbling.  And I tipped that surly bartender well.

• Like 2

I was on a flight from Austin up to Columbus (through STL maybe?) in 2005 for the UT/Ohio State game.  Probably 90% of the passengers are decked out in UT gear, everyone is doing the Eyes, having a great time.  Guy a few rows back tries to another drink as we’re starting the descent and the stewardess tells him it’s too late.  He says “if I don’t get another drink we’re going to have another 9/11 on our hands here.     There was a whole shitload of dudes with semi-automatic guns waiting to arrest him right outside the door of the plane as we landed, lol.  

I was on a flight from Austin up to Columbus (through STL maybe?) in 2005 for the UT/Ohio State game.  Probably 90% of the passengers are decked out in UT gear, everyone is doing the Eyes, having a great time.  Guy a few rows back tries to another drink as we’re starting the descent and the stewardess tells him it’s too late.  He says “if I don’t get another drink we’re going to have another 9/11 on our hands here.     There was a whole shitload of dudes with semi-automatic guns waiting to arrest him right outside the door of the plane as we landed, lol.  

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Tell it again!

• Like 3