2020 Texas Baseball

zlavydra

11 minutes ago, El Moco said:

This is what happens when you get old.  My brain is fried.

Tuesday is the normal day.  I was expecting a game tonite earlier today, but checked and realized tomorrow.

If you want, you can add the schedule from texassports to your phone calendar. 

• Like 1

So we get ACU tomorrow, New Mexico over the weekend then Lamar and UTA mid week then OU to start conference play. Let’s beat the fuck out of these cupcakes then go into Norman and sweep those mother fuckers. Let’s see what these boys got. 

10 hours ago, zork said:

Tell me about Texas' young LH pitching.

So far so good with Hansen and Walbridge; neither has allowed an earned run this season in 10 total appearances.  Lummus and Wallace haven’t pitched in a game this season.  Hansen looks like a quality weekend starter to me.

50 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

So far so good with Hansen and Walbridge; neither has allowed an earned run this season in 10 total appearances.  Lummus and Wallace haven’t pitched in a game this season.  Hansen looks like a quality weekend starter to me.

Wallace pitched against Arizona.

On 3/5/2020 at 3:24 PM, MaxHorn said:

I see we are a little down right now about our boys, but I have a question-- does anyone know anything about getting tickets for the game against UTA in Frisco in a couple weeks? I have searched EVERYWHERE on line and cant find a legitimate ticket outlet. Hell, even StubHub doesn't list it. They have to be on sale somewhere, don't they?

I would also like some info on this as well. Guess we have to buy tickets through the Dr. Pepper ballpark site? Or just walk up and buy them there?

On 3/5/2020 at 3:24 PM, MaxHorn said:

I see we are a little down right now about our boys, but I have a question-- does anyone know anything about getting tickets for the game against UTA in Frisco in a couple weeks? I have searched EVERYWHERE on line and cant find a legitimate ticket outlet. Hell, even StubHub doesn't list it. They have to be on sale somewhere, don't they?

22 hours ago, BERT said:

I would also like some info on this as well. Guess we have to buy tickets through the Dr. Pepper ballpark site? Or just walk up and buy them there?

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/BuyNew.asp?EventID=307013#.Xmo2YnOSm00

At present time,  no fan restrictions.      972-731-9200     

Should be a good game.  UTA is solid this year (12-4)

Edited by torre

My wife and I had to get up much earlier than normal yesterday, and we were wiped out.  We were about to turn the game off and go to bed when they announced that no fans would be allowed in until at least March 22.  We figured that meant that the season would be suspended or canceled eventually, so we watched the rest of the game to squeeze every last drop of Longhorn baseball out, just in case.  Glad we did.

27 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My wife and I had to get up much earlier than normal yesterday, and we were wiped out.  We were about to turn the game off and go to bed when they announced that no fans would be allowed in until at least March 22.  We figured that meant that the season would be suspended or canceled eventually, so we watched the rest of the game to squeeze every last drop of Longhorn baseball out, just in case.  Glad we did.

Same here.  Got to see some Eckhardt action!

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Will the NCAA give spring sports seniors an extra year of eligibility? They would also have to give a temporary roster increase for those sports as you'd have an extra year of athletes on the teams next year.

It would absolutely suck if they didn't.  They all lost their senior seasons and none of it was their control, like an injury or a bad team.  May as well give them an extra year but not count them against the limit. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Will the NCAA give spring sports seniors an extra year of eligibility? They would also have to give a temporary roster increase for those sports as you'd have an extra year of athletes on the teams next year.

Heartbreaking for them. And all the non-rev sports kids, esp at small schools, where this was their last athletic moment in the sun for like their whole lives.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Heartbreaking for them. And all the non-rev sports kids, esp at small schools, where this was their last athletic moment in the sun for like their whole lives.

That's going to be a theme for baseball players at every level this spring. High school seasons are next. My son is just about to start his 12-year-old Little League season and that may be canceled as well.

At least the NCAA has a simple solution of an extra year of eligibility. Can't really do that for high school and Little League.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

We weren't going to Omaha but damn, no CWS on my tv at all is SAD

This. We weren’t going to compete for the World Series. We maybe get lucky and have a fun regionals because our bullpen learned how to throw a baseball. But, the part about the bullpen “learning” makes me mad because in the grand scheme of things the whole team needs it. Faltine needs more at bats, Pierce needs to find a second baseman, and Pete is throwing great right now and might get the opportunity to get experience starting. All in all Texas is quite young and not having the ability to gain experience through live play will hurt or prolong their development. If the NCAA doesn’t do something for the seniors it’s going to suck because zubia is smashing the ball and while Todd doesn’t know what to do on the bases, he has been excellent in the lead off spot. 

5 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

This. We weren’t going to compete for the World Series. We maybe get lucky and have a fun regionals because our bullpen learned how to throw a baseball. But, the part about the bullpen “learning” makes me mad because in the grand scheme of things the whole team needs it. Faltine needs more at bats, Pierce needs to find a second baseman, and Pete is throwing great right now and might get the opportunity to get experience starting. All in all Texas is quite young and not having the ability to gain experience through live play will hurt or prolong their development. If the NCAA doesn’t do something for the seniors it’s going to suck because zubia is smashing the ball and while Todd doesn’t know what to do on the bases, he has been excellent in the lead off spot. 

Zubia is a junior