The Big 10 Likes Sex Abuse: Next Up - Ohio State

TrashMaster G

Penn State and Michigan State have some company:  https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/osu-personnel-failed-act-reports-sexual-misconduct-report-says/ATocvNZ4x6Qmx0AfZsMb7O/

COLUMBUS — 

Over the course of two decades, Dr. Richard Strauss sexually abused 177 male students at Ohio State University and although administrators knew about the misconduct, it was not reported to law enforcement, according to a 232-page investigative report released Friday.

“Investigators concluded that university personnel at the time had knowledge of complaints and concerns about Strauss’ conduct as early as 1979 but failed to investigate or act meaningfully,” the university said on Friday.

READ THE FULL INVESTIGATIVE REPORT HERE

The report, from law firm Perkins Coie, details graphic sexual abuse perpetrated by Strauss between 1979 and 1998, when the university granted him emeritus status. He fondled students, made them strip under the guise of medical assessments and asked probing questions about their sex lives —abuse that esclated over time, the report said.

Strauss was a faculty member, athletics doctor and student health center physician. He served as the wrestling team doctor when Congressman Jim Jordan worked as an assistant coach. Jordan has denied accusations that he knew about the abuse but failed to report it.

In a system-wide email sent Friday, Ohio State University President Michael Drake said: “On behalf of the university, we offer our profound regret and sincere apologies to each person who endured Strauss’ abuse. Our institution’s fundamental failure at the time to prevent this abuse was unacceptable - as were the inadequate efforts to thoroughly investigate complaints raised by students and staff members.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Edited by TrashMaster G

Can we have a national declaration stating if any school, institution, business, etc. has known or knows about about abuse in the past, to disclose by a certain date. Anything after that, and you get shut down forever . 

I’m tired of these shitty places being like, oh, yeah, we also knew about abuse. So you saw the Paterno thing go down and we’re like, let’s not say anything, maybe no one will find out. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

This sounds like the kind of thing that would happen in a cesspool but I ain't no Herbstreit

If GameDay comes to Austin for the LSU game, somebody needs to bring a sign to this effect.

Edited by TrashMaster G

Yeah I'm gonna spend the next 18 months channeling my Wally Fairway.

The administration is gonna excommunicate a buncha people who are long gone then fight to the bloody end on the payouts. They've already asked for the lawsuits to br thrown out because of the statute of limitations.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26767786/ohio-st-leaders-knew-former-doctor-abuse

The investigation found Strauss' abuse took a variety of forms. Those included forcing student patients to strip naked to purportedly "assess" their conditions, fondling their genitals to the point of erection or ejaculation and luring them into intimate situations by setting up bogus medical studies.

excuse me, what?

Wrestling just isn't that popular in Texas, and you know, I'm alright with that. And, if I'm a big, strapping wrestler, and doc wants to give me a hand job, I'm gonna fuck doc up, and not the way he wants me to. The whole thing is just too creepy weird. 

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

Wrestling just isn't that popular in Texas, and you know, I'm alright with that. And, if I'm a big, strapping wrestler, and doc wants to give me a hand job, I'm gonna fuck doc up, and not the way he wants me to. The whole thing is just too creepy weird. 

*After you ejaculated of course, right?

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

How do you get away with sexually abusing young college age wrestlers for years?  Maybe a few times but when you pick the wrong guy you probably get the suplex or get dropped through a folding table. 

How does anyone, especially college aged, know what is or isn't a legitimate medical exam?

15 hours ago, Lhorn said:

How do you get away with sexually abusing young college age wrestlers for years?  Maybe a few times but when you pick the wrong guy you probably get the suplex or get dropped through a folding table. 

Right?? What's the point of having a tag team partner if he's not going to break it up with a steel chair?

7 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

How does anyone, especially college aged, know what is or isn't a legitimate medical exam?

Well, they are the same ones that, at 14, decided that wrestling looked like a fun sport to try.

No possibility that a girl will ever want to sleep with you because of it, regardless of your accomplishments...check.

Roll around with dudes...check.

Get to wear a cute little onesie...check.

And, oh hey, your ear may swell up to the size of a grapefruit...also check.

Not the brightest bulbs in the box is what I'm saying.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, Parliament said:

Yeah I'm gonna spend the next 18 months channeling my Wally Fairway.

The administration is gonna excommunicate a buncha people who are long gone then fight to the bloody end on the payouts. They've already asked for the lawsuits to br thrown out because of the statute of limitations.

Buckeyes never lose, they just run out of time

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Well, they are the same ones that, at 14, decided that wrestling looked like a fun sport to try.

No possibility that a girl will ever want to sleep with you because of it, regardless of your accomplishments...check.

Roll around with dudes...check.

Get to wear a cute little onesie...check.

And, oh hey, your ear may swell up to the size of a grapefruit...also check.

Not the brightest bulbs in the box is what I'm saying.

fuck off with this bullshit

• Like 3

at this point it is hard to say what incident is worse

Penn State will always look horrible because it was young boys, but Michigan State was young girls and the large number of them.....tOSU is college age guys it sounds like, but still seems like a large number

and all 3 were overlooked with many people looking the other way while it kept happening