2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

Line o' potent storms now forming along Dry Line about 100 m. NW of Austin.  Backbuilding NE to SW, moving slowly SE.  The only question is does it build far enough south?  I think it'll get into our northern burbs (Bell/Will Co's) at least, by dinnerish time.

I ain't startin' a "winter weather" 2018 over this, since, uh, winter 2018 is officially over (well save for the last 10 days next December if you're really anal retentive about it), but this has been a pretty nasty April for the North Plains and NE.  3 big March storms and temps still 15° or so below average.  And now another blast:

3 WEEKS FOR ONLY 99¢

Record-breaking, 'ridiculous' April cold and snow set to hit northeastern U.S. this weekend 

•  
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 4:59 PM

An unusually cold winter storm is bound for New York City — again.

Dreams of clear skies and mild weather will have to wait, as forecasters predicted Wednesday that a record-breaking Arctic blast is headed for the East Coast this weekend.

"Ridiculous late season arctic outbreak Fri/Sat," Weather Company meteorologist Michael Palmer tweeted.

Temperatures in the city are expected to drop as much as 20 degrees below the normal and a slushy snow-rain mix will likely start falling on Friday and continue well into Saturday, according to the National Weather Service.

The harsh weather comes less than a week after 3 inches of snow blanketed the city, grounding flights and postponing the Yankees' opening game.

However, New Yorkers can consider themselves lucky.

The harshest weather is set to hit the north and central U.S., with temperatures dropping 30 degrees below normal.

DZ8XwM3UQAIyrgh.jpg

Minneapolis is expected to experience the coldest April day ever recorded on Friday, with a high of only 21 degrees.

The Arctic blast will be cold enough to dump snow from Washington to Boston, according to forecasts. Despite the unseasonably cold weather, temperatures across the northern hemisphere in general are slated to be far warmer than normal, signaling that this cold front in no way negates the overall warming of the planet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/record-breaking-cold-hit-northeastern-u-s-weekend-article-1.3914650/url]

Edited by phdhorn

I'm throwing this in here, because there isn't a 2017/18 winter thread & I'm not starting one.

Getting ready for minor league opening day in Grand Rapids (Mich), groundskeeper has some work to do. Photo is yesterday, game is today.
Forecast is for it to be 37° at first pitch, and snow flurries if they don't finish in under 2:30.
Play ball!!!

b26_mt2180405_53__0294.JPG

37 right now in Hewitt.   We got absolutely blasted by a storm last night.  Seriously rained about 2.5 inches in 35 minutes or so.   Lots of small roads and roadside ditches turning into rivers.   Wild

spent 6 hours framing out and roofing the last part of my dad’s cookshed in Hewitt today, and it was cold as fuck. and i sweat on my grave for about 2 mins it flurried right around 1:00.

i’m windburned like a mofo and chilled to the bone, but this hot bowl of chicken sausage gumbo is curing what ails me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk