Weber Spirit E-310

Okie State

My Dad is giving me his barely used Weber Genesis so it's time to get rid of my old Spirit. Ten years old. Been outside its entire life either covered or under a covered patio, but still showing its age some. Replaced burners with genuine Weber parts and flavorizer bars with a heavy duty aftermarket stainless set last Summer. Grates are also heavy duty aftermarket stainless, but maybe a year older. Does not include propane tank. I didn't do a professional detail, but tried to clean it up some.

Offering at the Surly discounted price of FREE if you come pick it up. Located in Katy.86f594441553f952f5ef17835e7fe54e.jpg4eecfbf1ed2faaafc6e3611564f29c9b.jpg3105f573fffb306e8612e62839a45280.jpg

• Like 3

So, I too have a Spirit E-310.  

I just replaced the flavorizer bars in mine this past saturday, in addition to a major cleanup. 

When at Home Depot buying the bars, I discovered that the model number doesn't mean shit.  

My E-310 has the control knobs in the front, the burners run north-south (instead of east-west like yours) and my flavorizers are only 15" long. 

I have no idea why the kept the same model number for two entirely different products. 

Anyway, after Saturday, I've decided to squeeze two more years out of mine.  Fuckers are $449 now.  

• Like 1

My old next-door-neighbor was a good guy (for an arkie), and ran a gardening service.  Just him and a couple of mexicans doing the mow and blow thing.  He made a great living. 

I mentioned to him that I was looking for a new grill one time...about this time of year.  He tells me not to buy one.  That he will have a nice weber genesis for me in the next couple of weeks.  Sure enough, one day he comes home with one that's a little dirty, but otherwise in terrific shape.  I ask him WTF.  

He tells me that he's been working for the same folks in La Costa for years, and that every year they buy a new genesis and ask him to haul away the old one.  Turns out that 2 or 3 of the other neighbors had all gotten one of their throwaways in the past.  

I had the fucker a good 10 years after they tossed it. 

• Like 2

Amazing. My FIL tossed an old Genesis a few years back and I'm still kicking myself for not taking it. It was old, but still in great shape.

I know these Spirits are the bottom tier, but I'd still hate to toss it when it has a few good years left at least. Hopefully someone comes and gets it.

My EP-330 fell over on its face during a windstorm, shattering buttons/valve stems and vomited all its internals out of the cook box...a new manifold/knobs installed in an hour, took the opportunity to clean it out + install a replacement ignition set I got under warranty...runs like it never happened.

The prices on new ones are crazy now

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, Okie State said:

Offering at the Surly discounted price of FREE if you come pick it up. Located in Katy.

If its unclaimed by June 4th Ill come get it.  I have to be in Houston for a client meeting that day and I will be driving in with my truck.

If its unclaimed by June 4th Ill come get it.  I have to be in Houston for a client meeting that day and I will be driving in with my truck.
Good deal. Some lady from work said she wanted it, but has gone silent since Tuesday. I'll post here if it's gone. Otherwise it's yours.

I will defer to fatty if he wants to grab it now.    First come first serve.  If it's still there on Monday let me know.  Ill be swinging through Katy around 130pm on my way back to SA.

Edited by midtown

Thanks OP, you gave me the incentive to replace some parts on my Weber Genesis Silver.  New grates and flavorizers in, waiting on the burner to arrive next week.  Will be basically brand new and ready to roll for at least another 12 years.  Love my Weber.

• Like 1