Best Breakfast Food

SurlyORama

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If we're going strictly local, it would be either:

Kolcahe Shoppe Brisket Kolache featuring Pinkerton's smoked Brisket.

l.jpg

Chilosos: Pick any of their massive bfast tacos. 

DSC_0055WebSq-1.jpg

That KS Pinkertons kolache is great, but honestly, the sausage, egg, jap and cheese has more spice and flavor. It’s the best kolache in Houston. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

<-------- McDs lover, eat there way too often for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Their breakfast is King, will usually do a platter ala carte with just eggs & sausage for low carb.  A local place slays a breakfast sandwich with eggs, cheese, sausage on hard roll. 

I gotta tell you, I have plenty of love for a McDonald's breakfast.  It reminds me of plenty of early-start family road trips, both as a kid and now as a dad.

I keep it simple -- egg mcmuffin, hash brown, large cup of coffee.  I'm not a big McDonald's eater, but their breakfasts are mighty solid.

Of course, if I can get a Whataburger jalapeno cheese biscuit sammich instead.....that's better.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brew said:

The best breakfast food is a properly made biscuit. Put honey on it, put jelly on it, put sausage and eggs on it, put gravy on it, it doesn’t matter because it works with damn near everything.

Doctor said i had to give up bread, so now I’m on an overnight oatmeal kick. Good oats, almond milk, cinnamon, and peanut butter in the fridge overnight topped with a little honey, blueberries, and a banana makes for a solid breakfast actually.

This is true. 

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

<-------- McDs lover, eat there way too often for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Their breakfast is King, will usually do a platter ala carte with just eggs & sausage for low carb.  A local place slays a breakfast sandwich with eggs, cheese, sausage on hard roll. 

You should scope out Wendy’s breakfast. It’s by far my favorite and I think their honey butter chicken biscuit is superior to whataburger. 

• Like 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

You should scope out Wendy’s breakfast. It’s by far my favorite and I think their honey butter chicken biscuit is superior to whataburger. 

Their breakfast potatoes are an abomination before God in Heaven.  Well, at least they are when compared to the other places' potato offerings, which are various versions of the "diced up and pressed together and flash fried" potato genre.

wendys-seasoned-fries-01.jpg

Nope.

hash-brown-phone-hero.jpg

Yep.  See also the "finger" versions at Whataburger, the "crowns" at BK, and regular old tots at Sonic.

Wendy's needs to get on board the proper potato train, or GTFO.

eb72f9dcf375db6e9c0bb181b5014646.gif

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Their breakfast potatoes are an abomination before God in Heaven.  Well, at least they are when compared to the other places' potato offerings, which are various versions of the "diced up and pressed together and flash fried" potato genre.

wendys-seasoned-fries-01.jpg

Nope.

hash-brown-phone-hero.jpg

Yep.  See also the "finger" versions at Whataburger, the "crowns" at BK, and regular old tots at Sonic.

Wendy's needs to get on board the proper potato train, or GTFO.

eb72f9dcf375db6e9c0bb181b5014646.gif

I like the seasoned wedge style fries that they offer for their breakfast sampling. 

But I can agree if they offered a traditional hash brown as well that would be awesome. 

imo it would make them fast food breakfast king. 

the breakfast baconator is the best breakfast sandwich out right now 

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Have tried it once and wasn't a fan.  We got some coupons for Wendy's so maybe I'll hit it up again, big believer in 2nd chances before writing anything completely off.  Do love me some Wendy's burgers though, and their chili. 

5 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

Have we dropped the leftover ribeye in the fridge, cold in hand? If not, I nominate the leftover ribeye in the fridge, cold in hand. 

Also strong.

I am a particular fan of a slice of deep dish italian sausage pizza, eaten cold, with a small glass of milk.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also strong.

I am a particular fan of a slice of deep dish italian sausage pizza, eaten cold, with a small glass of milk.

My only quibble here is “a slice.” There’s no way I’d leave myself only one without polishing it off the night before, and there’s no way I’d limit myself to one if there’s more.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not a lot of Jews or Yankees on this site but I love a good Bagel and Lox on a Everything Bagel when in NYC or Jersey.

8d1abdbc0b2d16549349add02479a3e2.jpg

As far as best breakfast I have ever had I present the below breakfast at The Gazebo in Maui.
43c580f23283ad2223332121f42c6c9a.jpg

Banana, pineapple, macadamia nut pancakes topped with butterscotch cream and coconut syrup PLUS....

deeb44cb9af904a55c204b15a366d534.jpg

A side of bacon, sausage, ham fried rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

My only quibble here is “a slice.” There’s no way I’d leave myself only one without polishing it off the night before, and there’s no way I’d limit myself to one if there’s more.

Spoken like a fat person so I can relate. 
I like fajitas from the night before warmed in butter with melted onions, and eggs and cheese cooked together. Then out in a tortilla, too with sour cream, guacamole and a little queso and that’s my favorite thing I ever make. 
well, that and pancakes with my kids. Hey pretty much only make breakfast. 

23 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Not a lot of Jews or Yankees on this site but I love a good Bagel and Lox on a Everything Bagel when in NYC or Jersey.

8d1abdbc0b2d16549349add02479a3e2.jpg

As far as best breakfast I have ever had I present the below breakfast at The Gazebo in Maui.
43c580f23283ad2223332121f42c6c9a.jpg

Banana, pineapple, macadamia nut pancakes topped with butterscotch cream and coconut syrup PLUS....

deeb44cb9af904a55c204b15a366d534.jpg

A side of bacon, sausage, ham fried rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make that egg sunny up so the yoke can melt down into the bowl and you’ve got a winner. 

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
4 minutes ago, Brew said:
No, you don’t cook the oats. They soften in the almond milk.

Interesting. What kind of oats? Steel cut? Rolled?

Rolled, you don’t want ones that have been processed. There are a bunch of varieties out there, but I use 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, about a tsp of peanut butter, mix it, top with cinnamon, and refrigerate over night. Drizzle with honey and top with banana and blueberries and eat. I don’t like hot oatmeal but I pretty well eat this every day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

look, its hard to argue against a good breakfast taco as just a perfect meal.

Yup. The breffiss taco really is the perfect food for any and all times of day. It is just so universal: makes a damn good breffiss, a good lunch, my kid has been known to ask for 'em for dinner, and I've even been known to whip one up for a late nite snack.

Edited by Dutch

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Yup. The breffiss taco really is the perfect food for any and all times of day. It is just so universal: makes a damn good breffiss, a good lunch, my kid has been known to ask for 'em for dinner, and I've even been known to whip one up for a late nite snack.

All about the tore-tilla'.  Like a fantastic sammich, starts with the bread.  If it came in a plastic bag, from a store when 99% of the patrons speak English, you are on shaky ground.  Invert that, and find a kick ass little Mexican meat market, and keep that secret to yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/6/2021 at 3:47 PM, irishtexan said:

True. But McDonald's breakfast hash browns are the best in the fast food game. 

I shamelessly eat them but the hash browns from Burger King are better. We’re basically talking about different shapes of tater tots. Burger King gives you a better ratio of crispy-to-soft but McDonald’s makes a better egg sandwich so that’s how I roll. When a Croissanwich is good, it’s really good, but Burger King so often sucks it’s hard to justify going there. 

On 5/6/2021 at 2:47 PM, irishtexan said:

True. But McDonald's breakfast hash browns are the best in the fast food game. 

Truth, and it's not really close. Order them (because, really, who ever eats just one McD hash brown) in the afternoon, and they'll arrive to you "burn your fingers right outta the fryer" hot.  Slap one in the middle of a sausage & egg biscuit sammich, and you've got yourself one hell of a tasty snack.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:35 PM, conVINCEd said:

I was introduced to Trader Joe’s hash browns today.  Identical to McD’s.  Just an FYI for anyone who, like me, was unaware that this product existed until today. 

We have been buying them for a while. They are the closest I have seen, you just cook them longer than the package shows to get them crispy.

7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Truth, and it's not really close. Order them (because, really, who ever eats just one McD hash brown) in the afternoon, and they'll arrive to you "burn your fingers right outta the fryer" hot.  Slap one in the middle of a sausage & egg biscuit sammich, and you've got yourself one hell of a tasty snack.

When they have the sausage and biscuit for $1.50 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When they have the sausage and biscuit for $1.50 

Pro tip: you can add an egg for $1. So if you want a sausage biscuit with egg and want to toss a hash brown on top, you can take advantage of the $1.50 deal and pay an extra buck for the egg.  So at the end of the day you end up with a sausage biscuit with egg and a hash brown for $2.50.

Edited by conVINCEd

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Pro tip: you can add an egg for $1. So if you want a sausage biscuit with egg and want to toss a hash brown on top, you can take advantage of the $1.50 deal and pay an extra buck for the egg.  So at the end of the day you end up with a sausage biscuit with egg and a hash brown for $2.50.

Coffee for $1 and that’s a $3.50 meal!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

I had a test at the VA the other day and was told to go eat something fatty to clear a dye out faster and come back in an hour for the rest of the test. It was early and the closest place open was Wendy's. I ordered the sausage, egg & swiss croissant. It was by far the nastiest thing I've ever had for breakfast. The damned croissant was square! Isn't the shape implied by the name?

• Haha 1