2019 LB De'Gabriel Floyd

thepop

• 5 months later...
Just now, closetojumping said:

LSU offered to take this guy and give him the thumbs up medically after the first review from doctors at Texas. Sight unseen. He declined. Think about yourself at 18/19 doing that. This guy deserves any support our fans can give him. 

Also, LSU is a fucking piece of shit program. 

Holy shit, no way? God, they're just garbage fucking people.

Good for DGF being mature when put in a really bad spot.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Holy shit, no way? God, they're just garbage fucking people.

Good for DGF being mature when put in a really bad spot.

Yes, this happened. I lose track over time of what is posted and what is said, but I would guess there’s some smoke with LSU somewhere publicly at some point. Yes, they offered him a full ride to play, if he’d play. Arguably, the liability for a program is vapor or extremely tenuous for a player, so they risked little and asked for him to risk a fuckton. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

LSU offered to take this guy and give him the thumbs up medically after the first review from doctors at Texas. Sight unseen. He declined. Think about yourself at 18/19 doing that. This guy deserves any support our fans can give him. 

He will get it. 

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Forget bag men and academic scandals...that’s some of the scummiest shit I’ve ever heard, outside of Waco and Penn state. Making an 18 year old kid decide whether or not he wants to risk making himself wheelchair bound for the rest of his life. Glad he’s more mature than I was at that age cause I can honestly say I don’t think I would have made the same decision

13 minutes ago, cafe society said:

You know, I've thoroughly enjoyed my many trips to New Orleans.  As a teenager, we would drive from Fort Worth to Bossier City to throw our summer job money on a few horses.  But honest to God, the two words that come to mind when I think of or hear the name Louisiana?  Miasma and ooze.

Well there is a reason the last Resident Evil game's plot was basically "what if you were stuck in Louisiana and couldn't get out?"

The main antagonist even wears a very lightly disguised LSU sweatshirt the whole time.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

What could have been…

I'm no coach, but to me Floyd's situation is a classic and truly regrettable "what if." The kid was a big-time talent at what's been a chronic position of need ever since he signed. I'll always believe we'd had been WAY better with him on the field, especially given this year's disaster on D. Just a huge cascading effect still being felt as we prep for 2022. Crud. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
37 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If he is 230 lbs and cleared to play I say we take a flyer on bringing him back at LB. It would certainly be better than.. checks notes.. all the LBs. 

Not sure.. 

jus a lil lighter n faster, tryna bring somebody a heisman

not exactly the talk of a guy looking to play ILB, but who knows. 

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Not sure.. 

jus a lil lighter n faster, tryna bring somebody a heisman

not exactly the talk of a guy looking to play ILB, but who knows. 

If I remember correctly he had gotten up to about 240 after his sr year. Even if he dropped to 215-220, it would be pretty easy to pop back up. I just question if the UT medical staff would ever clear him to play. 

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If I remember correctly he had gotten up to about 240 after his sr year. Even if he dropped to 215-220, it would be pretty easy to pop back up. I just question if the UT medical staff would ever clear him to play. 

just odd that he posts himself catching passes and "says tryna bring somebody a Heisman". That doesnt appear to be promoting himself as an ILB. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, cafe society said:

I wish him well, but I question the wisdom of him taking football back up.

I wonder if it's like professional wrestlers that had to retire due to career ending injuries but got better over time. An example is Adam "Edge" Copeland that came back after several years from a career ending neck injury.

When I think about a recruit who didn’t make it to campus that could have had a major impact on the success of the team on the field - this guy comes to mind. With better LB play over the last few years, who know how many more games Texas would have won. Such a shame. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, rvm96 said:

I wonder if it's like professional wrestlers that had to retire due to career ending injuries but got better over time. An example is Adam "Edge" Copeland that came back after several years from a career ending neck injury.

8 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

At the time of the injury, it was career ending. He had to retire from wrestling and was told that he could never wrestle again. After almost 10 years, apparently it healed well enough that he could take wrestling bumps again. I do think that they probably try to make sure to not put stress on the previously injured neck area. He also has had to take time off due to "other" injuries twice since he returned two years ago. Currently out due to injuries.

• 2 months later...