Shit my co-worker said

Bevo

One of my employees today played Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey on her computer. Another middle aged female employee listens to the song and towards the end says "I love that song. Is that Marvin Gaye singing?"

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I overheard one of my direct reports today telling another one that "they eat nutra in Louisiana."

I'm pretty sure she meant nutria, but it wasn't worth pursuing. For a wide variety of reasons.

You people

14 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I overheard one of my direct reports today telling another one that "they eat nutra in Louisiana."

I'm pretty sure she meant nutria, but it wasn't worth pursuing. For a wide variety of reasons.

Well, unless she's got a PHD in some field relevant to the swamp rats......I'm going to side with her.

Where I'm from, no one but an academic would pronounce the "ia"  .  Whether they're in the wild or in a gumbo......the I is silent. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Well, unless she's got a PHD in some field relevant to the swamp rats......I'm going to side with her.

Where I'm from, no one but an academic would pronounce the "ia"  .  Whether they're in the wild or in a gumbo......the I is silent. 

where the hell are you from?

Some years ago a friend of mine at a major Houston law firm took her assistant to Chuy's. There was a painting at the bar of a dog and above it it said Chihuahua Bar. The assistant goes what a cute name for a bar, "The chi whoAaah whoAaah bar".

1 hour ago, Reagan1k said:

16 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

where the hell are you from?

Highland Park?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reagan1k said:

This is correct. 

Had an open meeting with AT&T recently as we are considering switching phone/internet providers. 

Girl in the meeting kept saying "land line" 

Not the worst of faux pas but there were 5 AT&T reps in the room, one of whom answered a question by saying "so, when you have a LAN line"

Almost felt like I needed to apologize. 

• Like 1

I now work in a pretty open concept space. The only thing between my "office" and the cubical farm is shade thing similar to those sun shade things you put on the rear windows of a car for the kiddos. I overheard one of my billing guys last week saying, "I have a really large bladder, which makes me pretty efficient" 

How would one know if their bladder is larger or smaller than average?

Maybe the fucker doesn’t drink enough...then he’s a health risk.  

Self- diagnosed efficiency denied.

I've always pronounced it with the "ia". Probably because they weren't common in Central Texas as far as I know, at least when I was a kid and we were just going by the way it's spelled. We had dictionaries and could read and write though so....

• Like 2

I have a lot of Zoom meetings for work as I work remotely.  Had a girl in a meeting earlier this week sitting on her couch with her laundry drying behind her.  Her bras and panties were all in full view.  She was petting her cat.  The cat was brought up and the girl said, "my kitty likes to be rubbed." 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I always thought they were called “Shoot that mother fucker”.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Used to live in Lake Charles and every year Cameron Louisiana held a “fur festival” and it was for nutria. God awful beasts, they will show their orange “beaver teeth” and come at you! Very aggressive varmit that needs to be put down!

45 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

So swamp people can't even pronounce their own stew meat correctly? I have one more reason to get down on the prie-dieu and thank God I'm not from Louisiana. 

What we have heh iz failyuh to enunciate. Some men you jest cain't reach.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Had an open meeting with AT&T recently as we are considering switching phone/internet providers. 

Not the worst of faux pas but there were 5 AT&T reps in the room, one of whom answered a question by saying "so, when you have a LAN line"

wait, what?

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

I have a lot of Zoom meetings for work as I work remotely.  Had a girl in a meeting earlier this week sitting on her couch with her laundry drying behind her.  Her bras and panties were all in full view.  She was petting her cat.  The cat was brought up and the girl said, "my kitty likes to be rubbed." 

Dear penthouse forum?

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

We've started using Google Chat for video meetings, and yeah, you get all kinds of weirdness from some of the younger work at home crowd. Lava lamps, cats, dirty laundry, a machine shop, etc. My favorite, though, is the guy with a still.

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

We've started using Google Chat for video meetings, and yeah, you get all kinds of weirdness from some of the younger work at home crowd. Lava lamps, cats, dirty laundry, a machine shop, etc. My favorite, though, is the guy with a still.

respek

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I've always pronounced it with the "ia". Probably because they weren't common in Central Texas as far as I know, at least when I was a kid and we were just going by the way it's spelled. We had dictionaries and could read and write though so....

We observed one crawling out of Town Lake while we were eating dinner at the Magic Time Machine years ago. Biggest damn rat I ever saw.

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Weren't common? I've killed enough on Inks Lake in my life to keep George Constanza in hats forever.

george costanza comedy GIF

A small group migrated into a lake a friend of the family had. This was north of Waco between the Dallas Hwy and FM933 around 1972 or so. I would pester the shit out of 'em with my pellet gun. They eventually moved on after the dam broke and the water level dropped to just a couple feet and it turned into a turtle pond. That was my only experience with the nasty little fucks.

New-tree-uh. That's what his mama call him, that's what I'ma call him. 

• Like 2

Dude. Are you sure you understood the conversation? In telecom wired lines are called landlines.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Used to live in Lake Charles and every year Cameron Louisiana held a “fur festival” and it was for nutria. God awful beasts, they will show their orange “beaver teeth” and come at you! Very aggressive varmit that needs to be put down!

A friend of mine’s wife won the pageant one year. We call her Miss Nutra.  She’s hot and cool af, as you would expect a Miss Nutra to be. 

• Haha 1

Nu-tree-uh here, but back on track. 

Less than a year ago I needed an employee to scan and email me something.  She has a Brother multifunction printer/fax/scanner.  She told me she didn't think she would be able to because the printer ribbon needed replacing.

Regardless of the obvious stupid shit, I haven't used a printer with a ribbon since like '95.  

And no, you don't want pics.

edit: she now has two printers, the multi and a Lexmark printer only.  I was in her office and needed her to make a copy of something for me.  The Brother's "printer ribbon" is still out(because she fucking prints everything and the drum and toner cartridge are expensive to replace).  She couldn't make me a copy.  Maybe you could scan it to yourself and print it on the printer you have that does work?  Bitch is fucking stupid.

Edited by retsevlys

22 hours ago, txhorns said:

I don't see a problem here