Car upholstery place in Austin?

I got the driver's seat done in my suburban this last year.  Didn't need to redo the entire seat, just the bottom and the side closest to the door.  The original seat had leather on the some of the seat and fake leather on the sides.  I opted to replace the new panels with the matching fake leather.  I was out the door for $175 with new padding.  My guy is north of Georgetown in Weir.

I got the driver's seat done in my suburban this last year.  Didn't need to redo the entire seat, just the bottom and the side closest to the door.  The original seat had leather on the some of the seat and fake leather on the sides.  I opted to replace the new panels with the matching fake leather.  I was out the door for $175 with new padding.  My guy is north of Georgetown in Weir.
Here's a pic of the redone seat.8bb2dbb92ec8e122c0bafe2ace07c3a1.jpg

I used J&H Auto Trim a few years back... they're down on Slaughter a little past Brodie.  One man old school type shop.  I had the struts on both sides of my daughter's Volvo windshield replaced, they were peeling off due to the glue wearing out.  I think I paid like $80 for that... not sure how that price compares but 7 years later they're holding up great, and I was pretty impressed with how well he was able to match up the fabric/color.  My guess is his price is about right, just be aware that being a one-pop shop (he has assistants but he works on all orders I think) it might not be a rush job, might need a week or two to get scheduled in.  But the work is excellent, price is... I guess pretty good?  I would imagine for your Toyota a "basic" leather upholstery job (no organic grass-fed cows worshipped in India or something) it would be pretty affordable?

I had a friend get his Titan done at Car Toyz with 2 tone leather and it cam out nice. I was thinking of doing the same for my F150. However I need to add a headrest to the middle seat in the back first. Anyone know of an auto custom shop that would weld one on to the frame? The seat doesn’t have slots for the headrest and the kids are now tall enough to where they should have one.

went to J&H today. $1500 total to redo both front seats in leather. 

They'll do the work the week of June 3rd

Owner seems cool as hell

And by just past brodie you meant 2.3 miles right?

Edited by blacklab

Yeah, that's the place.

It was eight years ago, I guess it's a little farther "past Brodie" that I remember. Either that, or maybe the tectonic plates  shifted in 8 years and now it's a lot farther away from Brodie than it used to be.

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2019 at 9:18 AM, Jerry Callo said:

Do you have a name and or number? I need the leather driver's seat redone in a 2000 Silverado. Thanks

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Fuck You 1