I need a camper

Armypilot

• 4 weeks later...

Probably not what you are going to be looking for, but my Dad is going to be selling his pop-up camper in the DFW area.

It's only a handful of years old, only used 4-5 times. It's a Flagstaff 228D. Has two king beds, a couch, a big table on a slide out, A/C (when plugged into outside power), a propane furnace, cook stove, a small fridge that can run 12v, propane, or outside 110 power.

The beds have mattress heaters if you are plugged into outside power.

Has a cartridge toilet and a shower with hot water heater. No gray water tank so sink and shower either drain out a hose straight onto the ground or into a possible mobile dump tank.

The pop-up mechanism is powered to lift the roof.

Everything is in good shape, but my parents are getting older and they want to take longer trips with multiple stops and setting up and breaking down the pop-up has become too annoying to them, so they changed to a hard sided camper.

Cassette toilet. It isn't a big 30 gallon black tank with a discharge pipe, etc. It's a little 6 gallon thing that you remove to go dump instead of hooking up a discharge hose like a traditional setup. 

But it keeps you from having to walk to the campground bathroom in the middle of the night. 

On 5/22/2019 at 11:22 PM, Armypilot said:

Anyone selling a camper?  I need one for my deer camp. Nothing fancy just something that I can sleep in and has a kitchen. We don’t have water hookups.  

HDMI ports would be great too 

Craigslist always has a ton of listings, and anyone selling on Craigslist is willing to deal.  On anything old, you definitely want to check and make sure it's not leaking through the roof or around the windows, also check for floor rot around the perimeter.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 8:54 PM, Hawndoh said:

Probably not what you are going to be looking for, but my Dad is going to be selling his pop-up camper in the DFW area.

It's only a handful of years old, only used 4-5 times. It's a Flagstaff 228D. Has two king beds, a couch, a big table on a slide out, A/C (when plugged into outside power), a propane furnace, cook stove, a small fridge that can run 12v, propane, or outside 110 power.

The beds have mattress heaters if you are plugged into outside power.

Has a cartridge toilet and a shower with hot water heater. No gray water tank so sink and shower either drain out a hose straight onto the ground or into a possible mobile dump tank.

The pop-up mechanism is powered to lift the roof.

Everything is in good shape, but my parents are getting older and they want to take longer trips with multiple stops and setting up and breaking down the pop-up has become too annoying to them, so they changed to a hard sided camper.

Have they sold this yet?

23 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Have they sold this yet?

nope. In fact my dad has been so busy getting their new camper all situated like they want they haven't even listed it anywhere.

Also the camper, being a pop up, is fairly light. I want to say it is around 2500 pounds but I'd have to go look at the sticker on the frame to verify. It's a single axle of course, but it is light enough that you do not have to get anything inspected every year to renew the registration.

It does still have trailer brakes provided your tow vehicle as a brake controller.

Edited by Hawndoh