Happy Endings- the sitcom we deserved but couldn't have

Goo Punch

i just went to youtube and typed in "happy endings guns for subs" and got absolutely nothing. ridiculous. 

also, how's this for a line up of guest stars, all as parents of main characters:

Damon Wayans

Megan Mullaley

Michael McKean

also Ed Begley Jr makes a hilarious guest appearance. 

29 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

and look here's the scoop on this show: it's too smartly written and fast paced to ever last on network TV. if that sounds good to you then go give it a try on hulu.

Truth. The League, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Veep, and a bunch of others would've never made it on network TV.  FX would've been perfect for Happy Endings. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

first of all, i should just post a link to the entire episode of s3 "in the heat of the noche".

but the opening scene...

hey max, you think i could bum a bowl of cereal?  haven't had a carb in four years, feeling nostalgic...

oh, i remember that crouton.  you named it sonia.

(she eats a big scoop of cereal)

ooooh, would not eat that cereal, it came with the apartment.

(she almost vomits in the sink and tries to drink out of the faucet)

oooooh, would not drink that water, pipes are rabid with tetanus.

(she grabs a vodka bottle to chug)

oooohhh, that is not vodka, it's a water sample i'm collecting in my lawsuit against the building.

that whole episode is fucking golden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ok fuck it i found it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RDqo8gWwE

won't embed, but you know, it works.

brad, can i call you brad?  

better than yesterday when you called me reggie.

okay, terry, so i looked through your books - which are actually just young adult novels you've shoved receipts into.  and technically speaking, we're in some deep deuce. 

hey, look at that. I did have snake insurance.

terry, this is just the back of a jury summons that says, "'like a good neighbor, snake farm is there' would be a great slogan for a snake insurance company.

nochetussin.  my mom got it from mexico because it's discontinued in the states.  and in mexico.  which is why the mexicans smuggle it from nicaragua.  where it's also illegal.  it's made in libya in a neighborhood of tripoli called "little mexico".

warning: good luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

haven't seen this thread before, but only recently started back up reading this forum. 

Am proud I watched Happy Endings in real time, start to finish, and it actually was an obscure show that both my wife and I were into when we met

It's fucking phenomenal. One of the funniest shows ever. 

I always think of this when I think of Happy Endings, and it's like not even one of the top 1000 funniest moments. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

what's up with Eliza Coupe? she had that one show going where she played a superhero or something- i watched a few episodes of it jut can't remember the name- but i assume that was canceled long ago. she's also no longer on IG. anyone know if she's even still acting?

12 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

what's up with Eliza Coupe? she had that one show going where she played a superhero or something- i watched a few episodes of it jut can't remember the name- but i assume that was canceled long ago. she's also no longer on IG. anyone know if she's even still acting?

Yes, Future Man on Hulu 3rd season starts next week (never seen it) and also has a couple of movies coming out. 

23 hours ago, RoundRobin said:

Is this streaming for free somewhere?

There is a handy app named "JustWatch,"  Just type in the name of a movie or show and it will tell you where it is streaming and if there is any cost associated with it (if you want to buy or rent it).  

• Like 3

it's a three season show, and Dave is a treasure. I didn't like him either in the first run through; or the second, or probably even the third; but at some point I realized that the actor was just playing "Dave" to a T, and it became funny to me. Very, very funny. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of an open ended finale. From everything I’ve read, they expected a Season 4.

Great show. I still don’t like Dave. I get it, he’s a d bag poser chef type and he plays it well, but it doesn’t make him interesting.  

Elisha Cuthbert was a straight smoke show. I wish she had been in more shows/movies in her prime. We’ll always have Old School and Happy Endings. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 3/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Well I’m there. Penny, Casey Wilson does it for me. Not in the WTF Crush category, but underrated hotness.

I’ve always had a thing for her via this show. A tad thick which I like but far from Vic Mackey’s fishing waters 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Kind of an open ended finale. From everything I’ve read, they expected a Season 4.

Great show. I still don’t like Dave. I get it, he’s a d bag poser chef type and he plays it well, but it doesn’t make him interesting.  

Elisha Cuthbert was a straight smoke show. I wish she had been in more shows/movies in her prime. We’ll always have Old School and Happy Endings. 

it took me like 4-5 watch throughs to end up liking Dave, but when it happened, he started cracking me up. same for me with Ross from Friends. I totally get why people don't like them, because I didn't like them either, for a long time. but with Dave, at some point i started appreciating how well he played his character. the episode where he wants to have a Navajo Thanksgiving, and the episode where he tried to set up Max with a gay guy (Jack Johnson 1 and 2) really had me cracking up once I appreciated who Dave is. 

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I can't put my finger on it, but she didn't really do it for me in Old School.   Agree that she's smoke in Happy Endings.  She looked great in "Girl Next Door" too.

And it's not exactly like she's out of her prime.  She's not even 40 yet.

On 4/25/2020 at 9:23 PM, Not a cat said:

spacer.png

Yeah, I see what you're saying. 

Checks imdb to confirm she was 19 at time of filming. Oh wait, no, you're wrong.  Horribly, horribly wrong.

She thickened up in all the right places after Old School. Absolutely fucking perfect in Happy Endings. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1