The Gourds

HoustonHorn

If you ever went to a Gourds concert during the 90s/00s and some drunk dumbass kept yelling for Grave on a Green Hillside, that was me.

I've been to probably 30+ Gourds shows. I heard them play this one time live.

I love it. Orpheus on a postcard.

Indeed, meeting me, in a green field. Meeting me in the dark field.

• Like 2

Played as the final song for my wedding reception and several of my buddies too.

Funny it's not even the 2nd best cover on that album. Two Girls is better. Ziggy Stardust is the best.

Went down a rabbit trail last night and just amazed at the quality of music they produced for so long. Saying that as someone who already considered them one of my top 5 bands.

If you like Jimmy, check out Clocker Redbury & Dusty Slosinger. Greatness.

I miss The Gourds as well and Shinyribs doesn't really do much for me.

My wife and I were flying back from a wedding in AZ the night Bin Laden was killed and The Gourds were on our flight and every time a member of the band would board Kevin would yell to them "We got Bin Laden!" It cracked us up for some reason...probably other people's reactions to it.  Max ended up sitting between us and read US Weekly for most of the flight, which was a bizarre sight. csb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heavy Ornamentals is a great album.

Kenny's dead on RE the ubiquitous nature of Gin & Juice at college parties.  I think I heard their version at more parties in college than I heard Snoop's.  And of course, the MP3 was almost always credited to Phish.