2019 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Machinator

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I wish it was easier to find photos of players from long ago. I always feel like we don’t recognize them enough in this thread, but you can’t find the photos online.

Somebody needs to crack open and scan their cool coffee table Texas football history photos book

19 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I wish it was easier to find photos of players from long ago. I always feel like we don’t recognize them enough in this thread, but you can’t find the photos online.

They'll come, along with stories-- which is my favorite part of this thread. My knowledge on UT football is limited to the years I've been alive. My family hates Texas with a passion (they're just misguided) so whenever I get to hear about things from people who witnessed it first hand, I enjoy it greatly. 

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Pete Lammons from the '63 national champions. Wore 87 at Texas and in the pros.Z

on1obezxgkjza2atotqj.jpg

326832.jpg

Bill Rutherford in '72. He wore 87 on the '70 national championship team, too.

1972-Press-Photo-University-of-Texas-foo

That's bad ass.

You got the autograph pic?

On 6/3/2019 at 12:04 PM, Dbeasy said:

edcf6a5f176683509b4d19e375b34089--horns-

Hub Bechtol

3 x AA 1944 - 1946

Maybe Armybrat has some cool stories

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Looks like a good crowd in Dallas.

#86 Matt Davis

sep-1995-wide-receiver-matt-davis-of-the

I was there.  The fair was still going on.  They let you carry your beer and corn dogs in.  Unconcealed beer in the seats was a big deal back then.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:34 AM, Spudnut said:

That hit today would have him ejected. It was a deliberate helmet-to-helmet hit.

I wouldn't be bragging about a hit to a kicker. That's like bragging about being a much stronger man and knocking out a girlfriend in an elevator.

Still, I wonder how the coach that called that play felt after that knock out blow to his kicker?

You...bitch, shut your filthy whore mouth and get back on your mamas tit.. except that ain't her tit she's sticking in your face, that's a dick dumbass.

23 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Looks like a good crowd in Dallas.

#86 Matt Davis

sep-1995-wide-receiver-matt-davis-of-the

Completely unfair representation of SMU. Most of the attendees are cropped out. 

What, do you expect the crowd of 12,000 to sit in the shitty seats?