when is my show coming back?

henrygandorf

ok, so i've wanted to do this for a while.  this is the thread to aggregate all the release date announcements/reminders for any show, new or returning, on any network, including streaming.

there are so many shows, so many networks, and i watch pretty much everything it seems, so i think we need a thread that has decent activity with updates.

i would rather not this be a discussion thread about specific shows.  those have their own threads, or the general "netflix" thread or whatever.

hopefully this will keep shows or seasons from sneaking up on you.  feel free to post a trailer, especially if it's for a new show.

ok, i'll start.

animal kingdom s4 starts tues 5/28 on tnt

archer s10 starts wed 5/29 on fxx

• Like 1

Hell hard enough to see AP Bio during it's season much less know if/when the next season will be.

Black Mirror Season 5- June 5, 2019

Handmaid's Tale Season 3- June 5, 2019

Stranger Things Season 3 - July 4, 2019

Rick and Morty Season 4- November 2019

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

michael sheen headlines a solid cast in "good omens" on prime 5/31.

David Tennant in shambles. 

But I'll probably give that one a watch. It's based on the Pratchett universe, correct?

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How about these??

Better Call Saul

Silicon Valley

Silicon Valley: Production on Season 6 Delayed Amid End Date Speculation. Silicon Valley is going offline for a year. TVLine has learned exclusively that production on the HBO comedy's sixth (and possibly final) season has been delayed until Summer 2019, a move that will likely keep the series off the air until 2020.

Better Call Saul fans are going to have to wait a while longer to see Jimmy McGill complete his transformation into Saul Goodman – because season 5 of the Breaking Bad prequel won't be premiering until next year.

In a wide-ranging interview with Vulture, AMC's President of Entertainment Networks Sarah Barnett said the fifth season has been put back to 2020 due to "talent needs".

so bad news on both.  unless you hate silicon valley, in which case, maybe it's good news?

Edited by henrygandorf
no idea why my text shows up in quote box. bork.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How about these??

Better Call Saul

Silicon Valley

Silicon Valley: Production on Season 6 Delayed Amid End Date Speculation. Silicon Valley is going offline for a year. TVLine has learned exclusively that production on the HBO comedy's sixth (and possibly final) season has been delayed until Summer 2019, a move that will likely keep the series off the air until 2020.

Better Call Saul fans are going to have to wait a while longer to see Jimmy McGill complete his transformation into Saul Goodman – because season 5 of the Breaking Bad prequel won't be premiering until next year.

In a wide-ranging interview with Vulture, AMC's President of Entertainment Networks Sarah Barnett said the fifth season has been put back to 2020 due to "talent needs".

not great news on atlanta s3 either:

The Donald Glover comedy won't be back in time for the 2019 Emmy contention window. Don't expect to see the new season of Atlanta anytime soon. ... When the network renewed Atlanta for a third season last June, it was expected to return in 2019 — but it's become clear that's no longer possible.

Does it count to say/ask when it hits the streaming services? 

I know Jane the virgin season 5 started on tv but want to know when it hits Netflix (I don’t have cable). Last time, I swear season four was there a week or less after the tv run.  I’d search but scared I’ll have the cliffhanger from last season spoiled before I get my answer...

40 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Does it count to say/ask when it hits the streaming services? 

I know Jane the virgin season 5 started on tv but want to know when it hits Netflix (I don’t have cable). Last time, I swear season four was there a week or less after the tv run.  I’d search but scared I’ll have the cliffhanger from last season spoiled before I get my answer...

i got you, fam.

Jane the Virgin's fifth and final season will be covered by this agreement as well. Since the season only just began in late March and has 19 episodes, it's likely that the series finale won't air until sometime in the late Summer or early Fall. If a new episode airs every week with no gaps, the series finale will probably air on The CW in August, and the season should become available on Netflix one week and one day after that. So get ready, Netflix viewers — one more emotional, funny season is only a few months away!

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

David Tennant in shambles. 

But I'll probably give that one a watch. It's based on the Pratchett universe, correct?

Yeah, the Pratchett and Gaiman stand alone novel. Although, would like to see a good series based off of Discworld.

On 5/24/2019 at 8:32 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Any news on AP Bio? 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:36 PM, SimonBolivar said:

Hasn't been renewed yet. Sadly it isn't that popular. 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:39 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Shaking my head. It's about to get the Community treatment. Maybe if AP Bio gets canceled, Howerton will go all in on It's Always Sunny and pump out a couple quality seasons. 

It's dead, Jim.

200.gif

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

I know that the new season of Better Call Saul is being delayed to Johnathan Banks desire to reprise his gamechanging role as Jim Sugarbaker opposite Delta Burke in the reboot of "Women of the House."  

Seriously, the really need to restart BCS.  It's already next to impossible to nail that cast down all together before one of them dies.  

there's some better call saul s5 stuff upthread.  no idea about netflix release dates - the only article i could find said they expected it in april (obviously that didn't happen).

another conversation on reddit says they're stretching it out because of the delayed release of s5, and to maximize purchases for it.

probably cheaper to pay for a month of whatever amc uses to stream their content.

lol, HG. I’ve been watching Animal Kingdom too since season one. The fusion between Point Break, Fast and the Furious, and GTA-5 is a guilty pleasure. I’m consistently amazed that it hasn’t been canceled yet. Lived in a beech community for 9 years and a couple of those characters actually remind me of some of the guys from back then...without all of the grand larceny.