Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

35 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

He dont know about that stuff. He just wants to talk about football. Lord no he had no idea. Gee willikers!!
Whats his fat smug daughter saying about this, I bet its good

She has her facebook locked down, but this will never go away:

CjabpS7XAAAQoaL?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

She has her facebook locked down, but this will never go away:

CjabpS7XAAAQoaL?format=jpg&name=small

Veil of virtue hung to hide your method
While I smile and laugh and dance
And sing your praise and glory.
Shroud of virtue hung to mask your stigma
As I smile and laugh and dance
And sing your glory
While you lie, cheat, and steal.
How can I tolerate you.

10 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

They are pretty adamant that Lynx is family for these guys and it’s just nonsense.

I don’t give a fuck what they are.  “They” were also adamant that Art Briles was a fine upstanding never done anything wrong good christian decent man who didn’t enable rape despite what every single other thing told us all when they were the only people in North American who would touch him with a 1,00 foot pole.  Fuck what “they” think.

• Like 2

So, after writing a heartfelt, soul-searching foreword for a book that finally tells the truth about poor ol' CAB's trials and tribulations, Panther Steelcock personally helps Briles continue his cheating ways. I truly wonder, in his mind, is he complicit in the cheating or does he really view himself as a "relative" to these kids helping them out of some sort of situation? If it is cheating, does he equivocate it by telling himself that everyone accuses Briles of doing it anyway?

I just can't tell if all of these people are cynical bullshitters winking at each other all the while or if they're truly this blind to reality.

21 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

So, after writing a heartfelt, soul-searching foreword for a book that finally tells the truth about poor ol' CAB's trials and tribulations, Panther Steelcock personally helps Briles continue his cheating ways. I truly wonder, in his mind, is he complicit in the cheating or does he really view himself as a "relative" to these kids helping them out of some sort of situation? If it is cheating, does he equivocate it by telling himself that everyone accuses Briles of doing it anyway?

I just can't tell if all of these people are cynical bullshitters winking at each other all the while or if they're truly this blind to reality.

I'm getting an actually hoodwinked by all the Briles "rah rah Jesus Jesus" patter vibe from Lynx. His name's Lynx, how smart can he be?

29 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

They're all Southern Baptists, so I'd lean to the latter, but it could be either. 

• Like 1

That's what I'm getting too, but it doesn't square with his actions where he's actually helping him break rules of competition. Does Briles have a Jim Jonesian level of charisma with these rubes where they believe wrong is right because he says so?

(reply to texifornia)

Edited by Eternal Noob
  • Like 1

Can't imagine being a coach having to coach against this lying shitstain.    For my own hopes for humanity, I hold out that all high school coaches can't be dirty.  Jeff Traylor comes to mind?    But a good coach with his heart in the right place, using the kids he has available, molding them into a team and winning, developing character the right way....then have to run up against someone like this, it's gotta suck. 

And like the SEC, you can't snitch some other team out without being ostracized by the others  who are like Briles?     Honestly don't know that much about the environment of high stakes high school football. 

I don't get how someone can get away with putting a wrong address on their registration.  We moved in to Spring Branch ISD from Magnolia when my son was in 7th grade.  He started running Cross Country in High School and we still had to fill out all kinds of paperwork on our move.  In addition, the Coach had to visit our house to make sure my son actually lived there before he could participate.  I get that football is probably different, but it's not rocket science.

2 hours ago, Eternal Noob said:

Does Briles have a Jim Jonesian level of charisma with these rubes where they believe wrong is right because he says so?

How many times have we heard/seen people say that Briles is "a good Christian man?" 

How many times have we actually seen any behavior from Briles that is consistent with being a good Christian man?

1 hour ago, Longhorn Fever said:

...or three?

frances mcdormand no GIF by Fox Searchlight

GIF by foxsearchlight

listen woody harrelson GIF by Fox Searchlight

go away hello GIF by Fox Searchlight

Dumb dumb dumb movie. Typical Hollywood Oscar-bait. They tell themselves how clever they are taking on important societal issues and running out garbage like this that is borderline unwatchable. 

• Like 1

Just now, nnm said:

Dumb dumb dumb movie. Typical Hollywood Oscar-bait. They tell themselves how clever they are taking on important societal issues and running out garbage like this that is borderline unwatchable. 

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that an Irish playwright raised in London did not nail the social dynamics of the small-town American South.

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

How many times have we heard/seen people say that Briles is "a good Christian man?" 

How many times have we actually seen any behavior from Briles that is consistent with being a good Christian man?

Everytime I've seen him, he looked like a meth cook that had been on a week long tweek.

20 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Well to be fair Southern Baptist doctrine doesn’t really allow for “good” Christian. You are either a Christ follower, or not

You're not wrong, but:

“We love the idea of giving someone a second chance: ‘We’re a good Christian community, and he’s a good Christian man, so what better place than Mount Vernon for this redemption stage?’” Lewis told me.

52 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Don’t even get me started on the term “Christian”. That right there calls into question their entire doctrine.

Eh, my completely awesome Methodist minister friend likes to emphasize that God wants us to be "Christ-like."  Not as good, but at least kind of like.  To me, that's what it should mean to be Christian. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Everytime I've seen him, he looked like a meth cook that had been on a week long tweek.

i know , right ? and on a side note how come every time i see troy aikman on t.v.  he looks like he just got into a bar fight ? 

Edited by mr.goodkat
stoopid

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Take the religion talk somewhere else, folks.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Yeah, no prayers welcomed round here.

1 hour ago, MontereyMX said:

Well god damn it then!!

53 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

How about you take your “take your religion talk somewhere else” talk somewhere else.

Exactly. How ever did religion get mixed up in an Art Briles thread?

Art and his Tigers, fresh off a scathing public reprimand from the District 7-AAA Executive Committee and less two ineligible players, travel to Jefferson to take on the 5-1 Bulldogs tomorrow night. Will the loss of the players and this past weeks distractions put an end to Mt. Vernon's undefeated season so far? Does Troy Aikman have pink eye or does he consume THC edibles in the booth during commercial time outs? all questions we may or may not answer.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Art and his Tigers, fresh off a scathing public reprimand from the District 7-AAA Executive Committee and less two ineligible players, travel to Jefferson to take on the 5-1 Bulldogs tomorrow night. Will the loss of the players and this past weeks distractions put an end to Mt. Vernon's undefeated season so far? Does Troy Aikman have pink eye or does he consume THC edibles in the booth during commercial time outs? all questions we may or may not answer.  

I fully expect the new kid in town, Hynx Lawthorne, to come from the bleacher seats and lead the team to victory. He'd be known forever as The 12th Player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
13 hours ago, cafe society said:
Every time I see Briles I think of Hillbillies in a Haunted House.  Or Eb from Green Acres.

mr haney

Eb ran the general store I believe.

12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Eh, my completely awesome Methodist minister friend likes to emphasize that God wants us to be "Christ-like."  Not as good, but at least kind of like.  To me, that's what it should mean to be Christian. 

My Methodist minister growing up strangled his wife, but wasn't able to kill her, however she was in a vegetative state for a couple of decades until her death. Though not Southern Baptist, I'm thinking that CAB would be honored to have Rev. Walker Railey as the team chaplain.

• Like 2