Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

29 minutes ago, Chooky said:

By August little Tyler will bust from 180 to 215 and his back will be covered in bloody acne.  Sure, he'll laugh maniacally one moment and then immediately weep at the dinner table for no reason.  And there'll be holes in the sheet rock and occasionally he'll bust out every piece of glass in dad's SUV for reasons he couldn't articulate through the grunting noises.  When he's rocking back and forth and licking a hunting knife, just let it go.  Teenage years are confusing.  But the entire town will notice very early that there's going to be something special about the upcoming season.  The hand-wringing minority of citizens who are brave enough to voice concern about the long term health effects of the kids will be fired from their jobs and forced to move.  Looking at the upcoming schedule, it'll be impossible to visualize a game that they could lose.  Success! 

And 3 seasons from now, when the town is drunk on football glory, that's when the raping starts. 

13 hours ago, alphahorn said:

conVinced is fucking retarded, he took my comment seriously,  you can't find dumbshits like the ones on this board 

Yeah, I negged you too. I guess I'm a dumbass. I'm not sure what in your one sentence comment that displays no irony, satire, or sarcasm that everyone is supposed to read and think "Oh, he must be kidding." 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.tylerisd.org/domain/114

SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS

• crawford

Dr. Marty L. Crawford joined Tyler ISD as Superintendent in 2014. Crawford holds a Bachelor of Education from Baylor University, a Master of Education from The University of Oklahoma and Doctor of Educational Administration from Texas A&M-Commerce.  He currently serves on the Board of Directors with the Texas School Alliance, the Legislative Committee for the Texas Association of School Administrators, and as an advisor for Tyler’s Mentoring Alliance.

He was named an Ambassador for the School of Education at Texas A&M-Commerce, an Ambassador for the Friends of Texas Public Schools, a Tyler Mentoring Alliance Champion of Youth, and a Texas College Legacy Educator.

A member of the Baylor University Athletics Hall of Fame, Dr. Crawford and his wife Alanna, are proud parents of three children who all attend Tyler schools

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He looks like an amoral, smarmy POS that would have date raped multiple women in the past. 

I dunno, I think he was decently camouflaged at first 

but in all seriousness, I don't follow HS football so around the time he was at Houston, for example, all I knew about him was he'd won a lot of games at the HS level-- I hadn't heard any of the Real Art Briles stuff

Edited by SwanderedTalent

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

but in all seriousness, I don't follow HS football so around the time he was at Houston, for example, all I knew about him was he'd won a lot of games at the HS level-- I hadn't heard any of the Real Art Briles stuff

There's a shit ton of horror stories out there that stretch back decades. We've heard some real doozies going all the way back to his time at Hamlin. 

I was the same way. Didn’t know anything about him until he got to Baylor. The worst I had heard was him trading tapes of opponents with the offense edited out.

31 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I was the same way. Didn’t know anything about him until he got to Baylor. The worst I had heard was him trading tapes of opponents with the offense edited out.

I think it was while he was at Houston that I first heard/started to hear UT fans talking about the steroid use in his HS programs. You know how you hear shit like that, and some of the time it feels like "ah bullshit" and some of the time it just feels like you already knew it? This was the latter. I couldn't have been less surprised at how his Baylor program ended. Intuitively I expected something along those lines. 

Baylor is such a fucking cesspool. 

39 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Stepdad and family grew up in Sweetwater. I think that whole town fucking hated him when he was at Stephenville, 

I used to do work in both Stephenville and Brownwood.  That was right after he left Stephenville for Tech when he was forced on Leach.  In Stephenville, Briles was a god, if not God.  In Brownwood, he was Satan incarnate 

I heard the stories about the film exchanges and locker room problems and player misbehavior coverups so on.  And there were rumors in Brownwood that the dairy industry in Erath County provided a source for the sudden improvement in the strength of Yellowjacket players, IYKWIMAITTYD

I covered Victoria High football when Alan Weddell (Texas '73) was head-coach, and our friendship continued after Weddell took over at La Marque.  Coach Weddell was a member of the '70 national championship team, is salt-of-the-earth, and as straight of an arrow as I can recall having ever crossed paths with. 

I just can't fathom Weddell going to work for Briles and remaining at UH if something dirty was going on there, but you never know.

So if Briles moves on to Tyler, what do the folks at Mount Vernon think about the experiment?  Was it worth the negative attention to get a few wins, and the players disqualified?  No district championship, no playoff wins, no increased state recognition, other than the negative press.  Was it really worth it?

Kind of like BU.  All they got out of the whole deal, the peak of the AB era, was a Russell Athletic Bowl Championship Trophy (2015).  Was it worth the rape of women they called their sisters in Christ?  Was it worth the negative publicity?  Was it worth being branded "Rape U," something they will never shake?  

Tyler ISD, is it really worth it?

I think the real question is, for a guy who just wanted to be able to go back to coaching HS football again, and had his wish at Mt. Vernon, why Briles is once again literally climbing the fucking coaching ladder at the HS level? Oh, it's not about coaching kids again and doing what he loves. It's about winning at all costs to that piece of fucking shit. He'll be back in college inside 5 years, I only hope he's fucking dead first. That piece of shit can't face God's judgement fast enough. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, nnm said:

Kind of like BU.  All they got out of the whole deal, the peak of the AB era, was a Russell Athletic Bowl Championship Trophy (2015).  Was it worth the rape of women they called their sisters in Christ?  Was it worth the negative publicity?  Was it worth being branded "Rape U," something they will never shake? 

Uh, yeah, most Baylor alums will tell you it was absolutely worth it. And all the scandal showed was the lengths the godless establishment will go to bring down a righteous man who was just trying to help all those poor black kids who turned around and betrayed his trust.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

Texifornia, I agree that that's the disgusting reality for BU fans, and the common dialogue from them.  Think how pathetic that fanbase is, that they idolize a creep that brought national disgrace to their school, in the worst possible way.  If a UT coach did that, I'd like to think UT fans would throw him to the wolves.  But the PedoU and RapeU examples show how depraved fanbases can be in idolizing a football coach.  At least PedoU got some MNCs out of it.  All BU got was a RAB trophy.

• Like 1

Texifornia, I agree that that's the disgusting reality for BU fans, and the common dialogue from them.  Think how pathetic that fanbase is, that they idolize a creep that brought national disgrace to their school, in the worst possible way.  If a UT coach did that, I'd like to think UT fans would throw him to the wolves.  But the PedoU and RapeU examples show how depraved fanbases can be in idolizing a football coach.  At least PedoU got some MNCs out of it.  All BU got was a RAB trophy.

It was less about the coach and more about the “we don’t talk about it” culture of Southern Baptist churches and their flagship University. The problem was the University not the coach they hired. The school then did what other good people do when confronted, they blame someone else. This wasn’t Art Briles this was the entire Southern Baptist culture at fault.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, troph said:

It was less about the coach and more about the “we don’t talk about it” culture of Southern Baptist churches and their flagship University. The problem was the University not the coach they hired. The school then did what other good people do when confronted, they blame someone else. This wasn’t Art Briles this was the entire Southern Baptist culture at fault.

Because Baylor University and its lust for football glory speaks for every Southern Baptist.  You have issues...

Don’t throw it on everyone.  Plenty of us have spoken  out frequently and consistently about how wrong the whole deal is.  I am no longer SB, but grew up in that sect.  I disagree with your use of such a broad stroke of the brush. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

Oh, yeah, right... It had nothing to do with Briles.

Jfc.

Because Baylor University and its lust for football glory speaks for every Southern Baptist.  You have issues... Don’t throw it on everyone.  Plenty of us have spoken  out frequently and consistently about how wrong the whole deal is.  I am no longer SB, but grew up in that sect.  I disagree with your use of such a broad stroke of the brush.   

It wasn’t uniquely football, it was campus wide, even community wide. And when it comes to light they found a scapegoat for a systemic problem that they did not want to deal with. Baylor football was no where near innocent. But the problem wasn’t lust for winning, the problem is much deeper, the problem is the University and it’s religious roots. All sex - including consensual sex - is bad if not inside a marriage. It promotes a culture where women cannot report rape for fear of being shamed for having sex. The facts bear that out. Yeah that’s Southern Baptist culture.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

EVen a tiny bit of reading comprehension could have helped you out here.

The post read: It was less about the coach and more about the “we don’t talk about it” culture of Southern Baptist churches and their flagship University. The problem was the University not the coach they hired. The school then did what other good people do when confronted, they blame someone else. This wasn’t Art Briles this was the entire Southern Baptist culture at fault.

My reading comprehension is fine.  The problem was BOTH the university and Briles, and maybe some of the SBC as well.  Blaming it all on the SBC or even the University is dumb.  Briles is every bit as responsible for the crap that went down and continued to go down there.

The post read: It was less about the coach and more about the “we don’t talk about it” culture of Southern Baptist churches and their flagship University. The problem was the University not the coach they hired. The school then did what other good people do when confronted, they blame someone else. This wasn’t Art Briles this was the entire Southern Baptist culture at fault.

My reading comprehension is fine.  The problem was BOTH the university and Briles, and maybe some of the SBC as well.  Blaming it all on the SBC or even the University is dumb.  Briles is every bit as responsible for the crap that went down and continued to go down there.

I never excused anyone. But I am saying this isn’t a one man deal or even the athletic department. What makes the Baylor situation the worst we’ve seen is absolutely unique to the University and its SB roots as it relates to sex. I’m actually saying it’s much worse. And the reality is it was. I have no ax to grind, I just want the University to be safe for young people and with rape culture prevalent in athletic departments anyway plus a religious slant that makes even consensual sex wrong we have a major major problem at Baylor. To focus only on Briles or football won’t fix it.

5 minutes ago, troph said:

I never excused anyone. But I am saying this isn’t a one man deal or even the athletic department. What makes the Baylor situation the worst we’ve seen is absolutely unique to the University and its SB roots as it relates to sex. I’m actually saying it’s much worse. And the reality is it was. I have no ax to grind, I just want the University to be safe for young people and with rape culture prevalent in athletic departments anyway plus a religious slant that makes even consensual sex wrong we have a major major problem at Baylor. To focus only on Briles or football won’t fix it.

I mostly agree with what you are saying, but it's a bit out of place within the context of this thread.  The FACT is that Art Briles is pond scum, Mt. Vernon should never have hired him and neither should John Tyler.  He is not that only reason that what happened at Baylor happened, but he was absolutely 100% wrapped-up in it and nobody should ever forget that or forgive him, at least until the day (that will never come) he mans-up and takes responsibility for his actions and inactions.

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I mostly agree with what you are saying, but it's a bit out of place within the context of this thread.  The FACT is that Art Briles is pond scum, Mt. Vernon should never have hired him and neither should John Tyler.  He is not that only reason that what happened at Baylor happened, but he was absolutely 100% wrapped-up in it and nobody should ever forget that or forgive him, at least until the day (that will never come) he mans-up and takes responsibility for his actions and inactions.

*Tyler Lee

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Exactly along with little Briles and Lebby

Tapefingers is bouncing around since his boss Joey Freshwater decided to take his talents to Oxford.  I'm sure he'll land somewhere.  Looks like he's on tap at Arkansas:  https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Kendal-Briles-Arkansas-Razorback-offensive-coordinator-candidate--140661718/

Looks like Lebby and his deplorable Briles spawn wife are headed to Oxford as well:  https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2019/12/16/lane-kiffin-adds-three-more-ole-miss-coaching-staff/2669898001/.  Along with fellow rape apologist (if not enabler) Randy Clements.  Look out hotty toddy.

Tapefingers is bouncing around since his boss Joey Freshwater decided to take his talents to Oxford.  I'm sure he'll land somewhere.  Looks like he's on tap at Arkansas:  https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Kendal-Briles-Arkansas-Razorback-offensive-coordinator-candidate--140661718/
Looks like Lebby and his deplorable Briles spawn wife are headed to Oxford as well:  https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2019/12/16/lane-kiffin-adds-three-more-ole-miss-coaching-staff/2669898001/.  Along with fellow rape apologist (if not enabler) Randy Clements.  Look out hotty toddy.

a010c438602492aa96580f467c7047f2.gif