Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Tapefingers is bouncing around since his boss Joey Freshwater decided to take his talents to Oxford.  I'm sure he'll land somewhere.  Looks like he's on tap at Arkansas:  https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Kendal-Briles-Arkansas-Razorback-offensive-coordinator-candidate--140661718/

Looks like Lebby and his deplorable Briles spawn wife are headed to Oxford as well:  https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2019/12/16/lane-kiffin-adds-three-more-ole-miss-coaching-staff/2669898001/.  Along with fellow rape apologist (if not enabler) Randy Clements.  Look out hotty toddy.

Gideon?  Our Gideon?  Oh noes!!!!

Gideon worked as the special teams coordinator at Houston in 2019, coaching a Cougars unit that led the FBS in blocked punts and blocked kicks. Prior to Houston, Gideon worked at Georgia State and Western Carolina and he worked as a graduate assistant at Florida and Auburn. 

Gideon was a four-year starter as a safety at Texas from 2008-11. 

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

"[Athletic Director] Priest told the Tyler Morning Telegraph, 'If Kurt (Traylor, the current Lee football coach) does leave, we will not be hiring Coach Briles.'”

My oldest will be a freshman there next year.  I'll be damned if I let him play for Briles.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dcbc said:

"[Athletic Director] Priest told the Tyler Morning Telegraph, 'If Kurt (Traylor, the current Lee football coach) does leave, we will not be hiring Coach Briles.'”

My oldest will be a freshman there next year.  I'll be damned if I let him play for Briles.

I graduated from Tyler Lee in 2006.

Fuck Art Briles.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh shit!  We have a good friend of our family who plays there.  Definitely NOT the rapey type.

He's about to be a Junior.  I would be conflicted as hell...

Transfer portal at a 'lower level' school or just get your degree and never start again because you don't embrace the new culture?

• 1 month later...

Claude Mathis was at my wedding /csb

Art Briles as your keynote with Baylor still listed next to his name?   Are they that desperate for speakers?   

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

No, they’re just that fucking tone deaf and remorseless. 

image.thumb.png.68aa81c3c44010dc97d6dd93f2c9e721.png

Noticed that one of the sponsors is Barefoot Athletics / Barefoot Campus Outfitters.  It was and may still be mostly or completely owned by the Briles clan.  It's also were Jarrett Stidham was working in Stephenville when he started showing off his new truck on social media

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

image.thumb.png.68aa81c3c44010dc97d6dd93f2c9e721.png

Noticed that one of the sponsors is Barefoot Athletics / Barefoot Campus Outfitters.  It was and may still be mostly or completely owned by the Briles clan.  It's also were Jarrett Stidham was working in Stephenville when he started showing off his new truck on social media

Nice catch man. So this is just another attempt by Briles to legitimize/normalize Briles.