Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

30 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Please tell that old fuck that this old fuck thinks he is a shitty old fuck who should have someone dump cockleburrs in his Depends.

Haha.

He's a good man.  A very good man.

some a y'all think life got difficult with herman.  Fuuuuuuck  Red Raiders gotcha beat by a mile on fanbase suffering.

All the same, fuck Art Briles, but i get from whence my homie was coming. i disagree... but I understand it.

Edited by slorch

45 minutes ago, slorch said:

Haha.

He's a good man.  A very good man.

some a y'all think life got difficult with herman.  Fuuuuuuck  Red Raiders gotcha beat by a mile on fanbase suffering.

All the same, fuck Art Briles, but i get from whence my homie was coming. i disagree... but I understand it.

Yeah I dont get it. You either have principles or you don't. We aren't talking a couple of hundred dollar handshakes here. Women's lives were ruined. Anybody willing to look past that and chose that shitbag to represent their university for a few extra wins on the football field is by definition, not a "good man."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Okay cool, lol if the team that beat Malakoff shows up. They beat Jim Ned by at least 20. Such is high school football though. Never know what you're going to get. 

You do know Jim Ned knocked off Brock, the #1 team in 3A Div 1 all year, two weeks ago, right?

43 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Briles in Lubbock would be bad. He would kill it offensively.

Briles would kill it offensively at East Jesus State Nunnery and Trade School. He is getting old enough that I question whether he could fully build out his program and start attracting the elite talent he was at BU before he calls it a career.

• Like 1

Matt Wells isn't dumb enough to hire Art as OC, is he?  Any trouble at all next year with the D, and Tech fans would be clamoring to fire Wells and promote Art...
If Matt Wells hires Briles as OC, I would go out on a limb and say he was told he could keep his job on the condition of making this move.

There's enough smoke around Briles to tech to conclude they vetted it, and possibly decided it was too politically costly to make that move.

On the other hand, hiring him as a coordinator is different in that he's not the face of the program. It's a win/win for the people who want him there. Either he does enough as OC to make Wells look good, or if Wells fails, they fire him and promote Art on an "interim basis," only to keep permanently him based on his interim performance.

If Briles appears on that staff in any way, it's a long play to promote him to hc if Wells fails.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If Matt Wells hires Briles as OC, I would go out on a limb and say he was told he could keep his job on the condition of making this move.

There's enough smoke around Briles to tech to conclude they vetted it, and possibly decided it was too politically costly to make that move.

On the other hand, hiring him as a coordinator is different in that he's not the face of the program. It's a win/win for the people who want him there. Either he does enough as OC to make Wells look good, or if Wells fails, they fire him and promote Art on an "interim basis," only to keep permanently him based on his interim performance.

If Briles appears on that staff in any way, it's a long play to promote him to hc if Wells fails.

I'd resign if I were Wells in that scenario, being told who to hire as my OC.

Using Yost as a scapegoat is one thing, but being micromanaged to that degree is unacceptable. He'll always be looking over his shoulder. Bad situation, unless it was Wells idea to hire Briles.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I'd resign if I were Wells in that scenario, being told who to hire as my OC.

Using Yost as a scapegoat is one thing, but being micromanaged to that degree is unacceptable. He'll always be looking over his shoulder. Bad situation, unless it was Wells idea to hire Briles.

I don't think Wells would resign over being told who was going to be OC because this is Wells last chance to coach at the P5 level. 

1 minute ago, Extra Anejo said:

I don't think Wells would resign over being told who was going to be OC because this is Wells last chance to coach at the P5 level. 

Probably true

It's probably been mentioned before, but he fired the wrong fucking guy. Tech's offense ranks #37, but their defense is #99. Sand-aggies...

10 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Briles would kill it offensively at East Jesus State Nunnery and Trade School. He is getting old enough that I question whether he could fully build out his program and start attracting the elite talent he was at BU before he calls it a career.

Indeed Briles would, which is why sand aggy should NOT hire Art.

Probably true
It's probably been mentioned before, but he fired the wrong fucking guy. Tech's offense ranks #37, but their defense is #99. Sand-aggies...
This is what makes me think it might be coordinated to get Briles.

If you're going to keep Wells but replace coordinators, this move makes little sense. Offense wasn't the problem.

Something really fishy about this whole thing (shocker with Briles involved, I know).  Why would he resign from his job before the announcement that he'd been hired at another one?  If it's just that he's taking another gig, why not "step down to pursue another opportunity" the same way 100% of other coaches who do that same thing do it?  I think there's more to it.

I remember the mental gymnastics those people from Mt Vernon were doing to justify his hiring.  It was truly astounding.  Like, something you'd think you'd only see in a movie.  I followed it all pretty closely and kept expecting the outrage to take over and them to have to walk it back.  Not even close.

Around that time, there was a letter that had been released by Baylor that, in a bunch of legal jargon, vaguely stated that Baylor couldn't directly tie anything that happened to Briles.  The people of Mt Vernon took that letter as Briles being 100% acquitted of all wrong doing.  That letter, combined with lots of religious forgiveness, not our place to judge, etc, mumbo jumbo plus Briles had some big swinging Baptist dicks from Baylor vouch for what a great man he was, made everyone in that entire town completely burry their heads to what all went on.

Fast-forward to now and I think I read in the last few days that Baylor now has another round of trials coming up?  Or they're set to release some other report or something?  I'm guessing some shit is about to come out, either with Baylor or Mt Vernon that isn't going to look too good for ole Art, once again.  Usually where there's smoke, there's fire...and with Art Briles and Baylor and people like the residents of Mt Vernon, it's usually a fucking inferno.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Around that time, there was a letter that had been released by Baylor that, in a bunch of legal jargon, vaguely stated that Baylor couldn't directly tie anything that happened to Briles.  The people of Mt Vernon took that letter as Briles being 100% acquitted of all wrong doing.

Yes, that's true and for a moment I thought that just maybe Baylor had used all their power to make him the fall guy.  Maybe...just maybe Art wasn't that bad.  Then, when he takes the HS job the first thing he does is to try to work a shady deal to get some ringers to move into his program.  Here we have a man that should have been at the peak of best behavior acting like a true POS.  Pathological.

Something really fishy about this whole thing (shocker with Briles involved, I know).  Why would he resign from his job before the announcement that he'd been hired at another one?  If it's just that he's taking another gig, why not "step down to pursue another opportunity" the same way 100% of other coaches who do that same thing do it?  I think there's more to it.

I’m pretty sure he’s well off enough that he doesn’t have to go from one job to another. He’s a multi millionaire just from what Baylor paid to keep him quiet. Hell, he’s old enough to draw Social Security. I don’t know that there’s any reason for him to have a new job set up before he leaves his current gig, unless it’s some egotistical thing

3 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I’m pretty sure he’s well off enough that he doesn’t have to go from one job to another. He’s a multi millionaire just from what Baylor paid to keep him quiet. Hell, he’s old enough to draw Social Security. I don’t know that there’s any reason for him to have a new job set up before he leaves his current gig, unless it’s some egotistical thing

I mean, other than the fact that damn near every single other coach on earth does it that way and has done it that way forever.  Lots of them with a lot more money than he has.  Hell, not even every coach...damn near every single person who's employed, who wishes to remain employed, keeps the job they have until it's time to officially move on or the next gig is final.  That and the fact that when Briles is involved, if something doesn't smell right (narrator: and this doesn't smell right), it's because something is rotten to the core.

• Like 1