Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

• 9 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 12:05 AM, markstanco said:

Local local yada yada. He didnt make the playoffs in 3a. And that division was trash. Not sure if any got past week 3.

Region was tougher this year, the only team he was able to beat convincingly in the Playoffs was Gladewater. But they've been overrated since making the move to 3A. The West, Mineola, Malakoff games could've all went either way, got incredibly lucky. Then loses to Jim Ned of all fucking teams. 

23 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That would be hysterical. He'd give aggy fits -- and wouldn't be bothering us in the Big 12.

Auburn is most likely going to get Freeze, but an OC job wouldn't be out of the question there. I could see him taking something like a Liberty. He and Jerry Falwell will probably be best buds. 

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Texas Tech press conference tomorrow? 

Please no...

To your point, there is a significant band of supporters on Tech pages/ boards.   Not sure if it's just a massive troll to see how riled up folks might get or if people sincerely want to prove the program is not yet at rock bottom.

If they hire Art Briles, I'm out on Tech Football.  Seems easy to say, given the current results, but I've supported them since the Jerry Moore years.  If they'll do business with trash like Briles, that would indeed be the final straw.

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

Please no...

To your point, there is a significant band of supporters on Tech pages/ boards.   Not sure if it's just a massive troll to see how riled up folks might get or if people sincerely want to prove the program is not yet at rock bottom.

If they hire Art Briles, I'm out on Tech Football.  Seems easy to say, given the current results, but I've supported them since the Jerry Moore years.  If they'll do business with trash like Briles, that would indeed be the final straw.

Yep, that's how I would be with Texas. I would take decades of shitty football before I would ever support that piece of shit. 

Auburn is most likely going to get Freeze, but an OC job wouldn't be out of the question there. I could see him taking something like a Liberty. He and Jerry Falwell will probably be best buds. 

Falwell’s out at Liberty. Cuck out front shoulda told ya.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, slorch said:

Please no...

Yes but if they hire Briles for OC, there’s a decent chance Tech is playing in next years conference championship game. Say whatever you want but winning changes the way people look at think.

• Like 1

Just now, Extra Anejo said:

Yes but if they hire Briles for OC, there’s a decent chance Tech is playing in next years conference championship game. Say whatever you want but winning changes the way people look at think.

It does when it's organic and earned. This would be hiring a known enabler of rape and sexual assault.  Maybe I'm kinda weird, but  that's fucked up in my book, regardless of Art was complicit or just flat out negligent.  He got paid very well to keep track of that program.  None of what happened was just some accident.

Hell, maybe you're right.  I was having this discussion with an older Tech alum, who was plenty pissed at what transpired in Waco( the transgressions, not the firing of Art) and he finally just tells me, "Hey when you're old you don't have time to wait on shit.  Let Art win now."

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

It does when it's organic and earned. This would be hiring a known enabler of rape and sexual assault.  Maybe I'm kinda weird, but  that's fucked up in my book, regardless of Art was complicit or just flat out negligent.  He got paid very well to keep track of that program.  None of what happened was just some accident.

Hell, maybe you're right.  I was having this discussion with an older Tech alum, who was plenty pissed at what transpired in Waco( the transgressions, not the firing of Art) and he finally just tells me, "Hey when you're old you don't have time to wait on shit.  Let Art win now."

The whole world is going to hell.

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Region was tougher this year, the only team he was able to beat convincingly in the Playoffs was Gladewater. But they've been overrated since making the move to 3A. The West, Mineola, Malakoff games could've all went either way, got incredibly lucky. Then loses to Jim Ned of all fucking teams. 

Don't sleep on the Indians. They had a pretty good QB back in the day.

Case & Colt: Winding road leads West Texas quarterbacks to Washington

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

My sources say Art to Tech as the new OC is in the works, and some of the diehard loyalist Baylor boosters (the ones that would travel to Mt. Vernon to support Art on Friday night home games) may have played a part in getting Art in the room for discussions.

Why would Baylor boosters want to help Tech? Sounds far-fetched.

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Colt McCoy is laughing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Please tell that old fuck that this old fuck thinks he is a shitty old fuck who should have someone dump cockleburrs in his Depends.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Matt Wells isn't dumb enough to hire Art as OC, is he?  Any trouble at all next year with the D, and Tech fans would be clamoring to fire Wells and promote Art...

The problem with Art is that his players have all sorts of problems with their D. Like not using it in ways that aren’t illegal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Matt Wells isn't dumb enough to hire Art as OC, is he?  Any trouble at all next year with the D, and Tech fans would be clamoring to fire Wells and promote Art...

Tech just fired that stoner-looking OC, so they have to hire someone.  Matt Wells was pretty close to being fired himself, but they gave him a 3rd year.  If he wants to remain a P5 head coach and keep pulling down the huge salary that goes with it, he has to have an impressive showing next year.  I'm not saying he should hire Art, but Art would be a better OC than anyone else he could hire.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef