Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

Haha.  UIL enforcement.

Thank you for some well timed levity.

Briles is qualified.  He's one of the more successful Texas High School coaches, and arguably one who had hit the pinnacle of his profession while at Stephenville.  There is no explanation required, unless that is; character matters...

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
21 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Where is Mt Vernon?  What division?

Do you not have internet access?

Well, of course I do.  If I looked it up myself, I wouldn’t be able to get all of your wonderful comments and input.  But, thanks for asking.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, slorch said:

Haha.  UIL enforcement.

Thank you for some well timed levity.

Briles is qualified.  He's one of the more successful Texas High School coaches, and arguably one who had hit the pinnacle of his profession while at Stephenville.  There is no explanation required, unless that is; character matters...

I have no aspirations about UIL prevention of a hiring; I established that.  But you can bet Mount Vernon doesn't want that organization asking any questions.

Case in point.  You think some sketchy transfer into Mount Vernon will automatically be given a pass for eligibility by the UIL? That's what one can hope for here, instead of a wave of their arms and some kind of lukewarm statement about "nothing we can do".

I know of Briles past in the high school ranks.  But the world also knows of Briles past in Waco.  And the UIL knows this too.

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I have no aspirations about UIL prevention of a hiring; I established that.  But you can bet Mount Vernon doesn't want that organization asking any questions.

Case in point.  You think some sketchy transfer into Mount Vernon will automatically be given a pass for eligibility by the UIL? That's what one can hope for here, instead of a wave of their arms and some kind of lukewarm statement about "nothing we can do".

I know of Briles past in the high school ranks.  But the world also knows of Briles past in Waco.  And the UIL knows this too.

Does the UIL remember the steroid allegations from his HS days?

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

UIL has a nasty tendency to be NC2A Lite, so prolly not.

This is kind of true.  And if the kid or district has a good lawyer,  the UIL  has been known to  blink.   They've been known to overturn a number of local district committee decisions.  But to their credit, at times those decisions are political in nature like rival ISD's forming blocs with other ISD's to punish a perennial power.  

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Rape kit storage is where the money is at.

Yah, I think you’d go broke n a hurry in Waco.  All of that shit goes in File 13...

21 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hope that motherfucker loses every game and his rival coaches watch his sorry ass like hawks.  If he starts the Stephenville steroid culture at 3A Mount Vernon, I hope he is exposed, charged and jailed.  Art Briles is a piece of shit that has no business teaching school in Texas.  Is he going to teach a health class as part of his duties? 

This.

3A Division 1, District 7, for 2019:

Atlanta

Hooks

Hughes Springs

Jefferson

Mount Vernon

New Boston

Redwater

Mt. Vernon 2019 schedule:

8/30  7:30p @ Bonham

9/6  7:30p @ Farmersville

9/13  7:30p  Canton

9/20  7:30p  Winnsboro (derby)

9/27  7:30p  Hughes Springs

10/11  7:30p @ Jefferson

10/18  7:30p  Atlanta

10/25  7:30p @ Hooks

11/1  7:30p  Redwater

11/8  7:30p  @ New Boston

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This.

Atlanta

Hooks

Hughes Springs

Jefferson

Mount Vernon

New Boston

Redwater

Billy Sims probably has a little left in the tank, let’s get his sorry Sooner ass out of storage and find out.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This.

Atlanta

Hooks

Hughes Springs

Jefferson

Mount Vernon

New Boston

Redwater

Blacklab has some family up in Bonham. Surly road trip? 

I think are rather embarrassing ways to mock the town, school and Briles heading into the fall, and I know that none of them will be very expensive. This whole thing needs a public trolling. 

Having the opponents not field a cheerleading squad when playing Briles’ team would be a start.
  • Like 4

I’m guessing you’ve never been there.

Most folks routinely shop at Dollar General since the Alco closed. That’s for everything.

The Dairy Mart still had a smoking section last time we went. There was nothing separating the smoking section from the non smoking section.

The City Meat Market has choice cuts and is rarely busy.

The pizza place on the square ain’t half bad though.

Also, the first house on 37 just north of 30 is massive. Think Roadhouse bad guy massive and then double it.

13 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

you should see the local yokels still defending Briles on the Waco area news station Facebook pages.   Unreal.  

And it won’t be long before Liberty U hires Briles.  Or Ouachita Baptist University or another Great American Conference school.  There’s no way he won’t be coaching back at the college level within a few years.  

It will be interesting to see opponents attitudes if/when CAB puts on his hat and whistle this fall.  Maybe if one or two opposing teams refuse to take the field in protest, that would generate some media attention.  Maybe Surly could plant that seed with some of the competing school boards. 

Edited by CycleTex87

1 minute ago, CycleTex87 said:

It will be interesting to see opponents attitudes if/when CAB puts on his hat and whistle this fall.  Maybe if one or two opposing teams refuse to take the field in protest, that would generate some media attention.  

probably depends how many Mt Vernon players have an offer from Brown...

4 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Let me try to help you out.  It has nothing to do with your opinion on the matter.  One of the few rules on this site is never to bring politics into topics outside of the politics section.  So, if you'd like to discuss this political agenda you keep trying to push, you need to go do it in the "Politics - Enter at your own risk" section of the site (which was known on the other site as the Cloak Room or CR for short).

Some of those CR crazies are clueless, just like the Briles fans.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Football coach rape enabler = bad

President rape enabler = fuck off with the CR shit!

Yeah, we live in a country where we hold Art Briles to a higher standard than the pres. 

Or maybe there might be a glint of truth to certain fans of certain schools wanting Art Briles gone from Baylor so maybe that's why all of a sudden we cared about victims so super hard here.

Wait. Is the implication that we need to keep Mt Vernon down? Because Baylor isn’t hiring Briles; MtV is. Landomatic said it. Politics/religion discussion is verboten here for good reason. 

The real question, to me, is why either party would be doing this.

Art surely doesn't need the money, does he? I'm pretty sure he had the goods on the Baylor admin for going along with the feigned ignorance, and held their feet to the fire, as in "You can't fire me under a For Cause term, because you went along with it, I have copies of the emails and memos." I had the impression at the time that Art collected a serious amount of the $28MM remaining on his contract, was that not the case?

I suppose he just loves coaching so damn much that he just can't stay away. I don't get it, but I also don't get why Charlie Strong wouldn't just take his $10MM buyout from us and retire to Key West, either... maybe they just like watching naked boys and men taking showers, or maybe they just love that spotlight.

Knew it was just matter of time before somebody gambled on this piece of shit.  I hope opposing teams fans get creative when Mt Vernon comes to their place to play.  Briles should never be allowed to influence young people again.  Unfortunately if he has success some college will pick him up.

21 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The real question, to me, is why either party would be doing this.

Art surely doesn't need the money, does he? I'm pretty sure he had the goods on the Baylor admin for going along with the feigned ignorance, and held their feet to the fire, as in "You can't fire me under a For Cause term, because you went along with it, I have copies of the emails and memos." I had the impression at the time that Art collected a serious amount of the $28MM remaining on his contract, was that not the case?

I suppose he just loves coaching so damn much that he just can't stay away. I don't get it, but I also don't get why Charlie Strong wouldn't just take his $10MM buyout from us and retire to Key West, either... maybe they just like watching naked boys and men taking showers, or maybe they just love that spotlight.

Art received something around $15 million from Baylor, as I recall.

I think it's some sort of (laughing) character rehabilitation for Briles.  Not really sure what Mount Vernon is getting out of this deal, since this is going to stain their admin, board, etc for years to come.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Football coach rape enabler = bad

President rape enabler = fuck off with the CR shit!

Yeah, we live in a country where we hold Art Briles to a higher standard than the pres. 

Or maybe there might be a glint of truth to certain fans of certain schools wanting Art Briles gone from Baylor so maybe that's why all of a sudden we cared about victims so super hard here.

Are you really that dense?  

They got a loves and new Dukes. Hell at least meet up for the Jefferson game. Might have some decent food there. I might have to go and “support” my school this year.

Riverport BBQ is worth the drive.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Wow, looks like the superintendent's wife continues to double down on it.  Cherry picking the 1-2 local Waco articles she can find to post about how great ole rape enabling piece of shit Art really is...

https://www.facebook.com/kimberly.g.mccullough

Of course. Aggy and the worst case of east Texas box face ever. Is she the ou trannies twin?