Memorial Day Smoking Plans

TexasHooch

No, I actually showed him how I wanted it cut. He held them up and I motioned where to cut them. He was just fucking with the gringo. I will talk to him over the fence tonight when he gets back to his shed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Brought this brisket 1,000 miles from HEB in Oak Hill  ED26-B08-D-2280-455-E-9594-811863-EBA3-C

As I said Many a night coming back at 3am...... They ain't all 10s man.....But they fuck!  Looks good. Mad props for going old school in the kettle with the foil pan diffuser.  Done that as well as make a little "wall" of foil and separated both halves.  One with lump, the other the meat. 

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Like 2

They are looking good, post up a picture of the cooker if you can, love looking at all the different rigs.

Wife just informed me that we will be cooking for a rehearsal dinner of about 50 folks this coming Fall.  I’m not looking forward to it, I have never done any cook even remotely close to that many people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat Bastard said:
Picked up one of those 4 bone-in short ribs at heb today. What’s the consensus on Cook time for these? Running 250-275 on my pit right now. Went on at 1130

I put mine on cooking at 285. They'll take 6 hours at a minimum, maybe more depending on how they probe.  I won't even take a look for the first 5 hours, then I'll probe, spritz, and estimate how much longer.  

8514c6164d3d8911837589eb97e49bae.jpg

Edited by Jerry Callo
  • Like 2

I did 3-2-1 on the spare ribs and 5 hours for the short ribs. Wrapped everything in butcher wrap. Used the top oven to keep the short ribs going at 275 for about another 2 hours and kept the spares on at 200. Picked up some Chapel Hill sausage while at HEB as I had zero energy to drive out to my regular meat shop for sausages, but these were pretty good, especially the jalapeño ones. Anyway, pics below.

fea859e7c06dcf4971351137020db9de.jpg

144869e6d6ffb51f8e17d8bfafd92c68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5