2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Which is why I want Toronto to lose.

Yeah, GS will have support from the Bay Area, their bandwagon fans, San Antonio, and the Drake haters. 

I fully expect GS to win. I just hope Toronto makes it competitive and can win a few games. 

I cannot wait for Steph and Klay to just go off on this team in game 1, just to set the tone. Talk a little shit to Drake, pull up from 30 a few times, throw in a few shoulder shimmies. Draymond will probably have a triple double. Someone like Cook or Looney will be big off the bench. They’ll win by double digits.

Also, the only way this series is even remotely interesting is if KD doesn’t come back.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

I cannot wait for Steph and Klay to just go off on this team in game 1, just to set the tone. Talk a little shit to Drake, pull up from 30 a few times, throw in a few shoulder shimmies. Draymond will probably have a triple double. Someone like Cook or Looney will be big off the bench. They’ll win by double digits 

I'm very, very curious where they put Kawhi. I doubt that they just rest him on Iggy and McKinnie. If he can blanket Klay (narrator: "He can."), that leaves Steph as the only guy on the roster that you'd want shooting from outside of 5 feet. At least makes things interesting.

14 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I cannot wait for Steph and Klay to just go off on this team in game 1, just to set the tone. Talk a little shit to Drake, pull up from 30 a few times, throw in a few shoulder shimmies. Draymond will probably have a triple double. Someone like Cook or Looney will be big off the bench. They’ll win by double digits.

Also, the only way this series is even remotely interesting is if KD doesn’t come back.

Ummmm wut? Warriors found their original groove without KD. The only way this series is interesting is if he actually does come back and ruins what they built. People still think Warriors without KD is some bad thing?

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ummmm wut? Warriors found their original groove without KD. The only way this series is interesting is if he actually does come back and ruins what they built. People still think Warriors without KD is some bad thing?

I think it’s warriors in 5 regardless of whether KD comes back, but if he comes back, he isn’t going to be 100%. Unless they’re just dumb, the offense will still go through Steph. If they go that route, and Durant just fits in with the offense while still knocking down shots, they’re going to be a better team with KD out there. That isn’t debatable. There’s no way this team just goes back to ball watching while KD makes something happen. Not when he’s 70-80% or whatever he’s going to be if he plays.

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Interesting thing to consider, without KD this season Steph draws more attention and not as fresh for playoffs.  Also GS probably does not end up with best record in the West so loses their home court advantage.

Saw one basketball analyst mention before the Portland series that GS has a better playoff record with KD than without.  Also GS is 2-0 in NBA Finals with KD vs 1-1 without.

Still think it's crazy discussion to think GS is a better team without KD on their roster... if KD had not chosen to play for GS, then GS might not have won either of their last 2 NBA Championships.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm very, very curious where they put Kawhi. I doubt that they just rest him on Iggy and McKinnie. If he can blanket Klay (narrator: "He can."), that leaves Steph as the only guy on the roster that you'd want shooting from outside of 5 feet. At least makes things interesting.

this would be my game plan.  kawhi sticks on klay and steph is their only real scoring option unless/until kd comes back.

i think toronto has a real shot, but am slightly worried about their ability to score enough points.  lowry is gonna have to average 20-25/game and they are gonna need some timely 3's from danny green.

if kd can't play or is limited when he comes back, give me raptors in 7.  with an effective kd in games 3-6, give me warriors in 6.

22 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

this would be my game plan.  kawhi sticks on klay and steph is their only real scoring option unless/until kd comes back.

i think toronto has a real shot, but am slightly worried about their ability to score enough points.  lowry is gonna have to average 20-25/game and they are gonna need some timely 3's from danny green.

if kd can't play or is limited when he comes back, give me raptors in 7.  with an effective kd in games 3-6, give me warriors in 6.

Not sure it matters, Toronto won't have any answer for the Steph/Draymond PnR...to be fair though, no one in the NBA has figure that out yet.  They are both just too good at passing and finishing.  And I fucking hate Draymond so much.

Plus, who are they going to put on Steph?  Danny Green?  He's good but Steph will destroy that with penetration and kick.

Warriors in 5...6 if they get lazy.

Edited by Horn of Gabriel

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This team as constructed works for the playoffs and yes they are playing at a high level, but it will be interesting to see what happens next season.

They are expending max effort each night to keep winning at this level and that is tough to sustain for an entire regular season plus playoffs. Durant makes things so much easier on them and their conditioning: injuries etc. he gets free wins even on off nights. 

Yes they eventually got bored playing this way, and Are still plenty capable of winning a title without KD.  But they will miss those free wins and bailout when the threes aren’t falling and guys get older

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Not sure it matters, Toronto won't have any answer for the Steph/Draymond PnR...to be fair though, no one in the NBA has figure that out yet.  They are both just too good at passing and finishing.  And I fucking hate Draymond so much.

Plus, who are they going to put on Steph?  Danny Green?  He's good but Steph will destroy that with penetration and kick.

Warriors in 5...6 if they get lazy.

Lowry can at least be physical with Steph, even if he's not what he once was defensively.  Siakam has the foot speed to show on Steph and recover to Green, or just switch on Steph outright.  When they start pulling Marc Gasol into screens is where it gets dicey.  I think Toronto's defense will be fine; like BigOrange said, I question whether they can consistently score enough points.  Golden State is pretty familiar with one-man shows; they know how to defend them.  Kawhi will still get his, but Iggy and Klay will make it tough on him, and Golden State will do their best to not let anyone else beat them.  Someone is going to have to step up for Toronto in a big way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Call me crazy, but I happen to enjoy watching the best player in the world. I hope he makes it back on the court soon.

45 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Lowry can at least be physical with Steph, even if he's not what he once was defensively.  Siakam has the foot speed to show on Steph and recover to Green, or just switch on Steph outright.  When they start pulling Marc Gasol into screens is where it gets dicey.  I think Toronto's defense will be fine; like BigOrange said, I question whether they can consistently score enough points.  Golden State is pretty familiar with one-man shows; they know how to defend them.  Kawhi will still get his, but Iggy and Klay will make it tough on him, and Golden State will do their best to not let anyone else beat them.  Someone is going to have to step up for Toronto in a big way. 

I think they will take away the paint from KL and unless they are on fire from three, this is over in 5. 

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting thing to consider, without KD this season Steph draws more attention and not as fresh for playoffs.  Also GS probably does not end up with best record in the West so loses their home court advantage.

Saw one basketball analyst mention before the Portland series that GS has a better playoff record with KD than without.  Also GS is 2-0 in NBA Finals with KD vs 1-1 without.

Still think it's crazy discussion to think GS is a better team without KD on their roster... if KD had not chosen to play for GS, then GS might not have won either of their last 2 NBA Championships.

If KD didn’t join them they’d have a badass bench. And they would almost certainly have won the last two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, housious said:

If KD didn’t join them they’d have a badass bench. And they would almost certainly have won the last two.

Maybe.... Maybe not.

No way to know.  But 2 more GS Championships with KD on roster the last 2 yrs is for sure.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

Actually, the more I think about it, I bet that Kawhi spends a decent amount of time defending Dray. It's what Cleveland finally did with LeBron in the 2016 Finals. It essentially kills the Steph/Dray PnR before it starts; no sane offense is going to invite an opponent's best defender to switch onto their best player. On his own, Dray obviously wouldn't be able to score on Kawhi, and he has the IQ and wingspan to sniff out all of Draymond's cute backdoor passes. 

I can see a scenario where these games turn into "first to 95, wins" slugfests without KD.

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Spurs fans sure got vindictive quickly. I guess a 15 year run with multiple titles doesn’t mean much, in a hurry. 

What? You don’t think vindictiveness was earned in this scenario? And it’s much longer than a 15 year run. Some of us can count past our age.