2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Waitress transition defense has been flat out embarrassing. Letting guys get behind them, not knowing what man is theirs...easy shit you don't expect to see from an experienced team.

To be fair, waitress transition D has always been a weak spot 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do you beleive me now Mr. Krabs

I made it pretty clear that I thought the raptors would/could win game one. I thought it was their only chance. I don’t think they win game 2 though. Or game 3, or 4. This was always the game the raptors needed to win to make this a series

Edited by youdunnf'dup

10 minutes ago, housious said:

I’ve watched enough playoff basketball to know not to judge a series after game 1

I mean I expect Durant to return for game 3 so I'm not judging the series either. Not sure why my comment is being interpreted as taking Toronto to win the series.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean I expect Durant to return for game 3 so I'm not judging the series either. Not sure why my comment is being interpreted as taking Toronto to win the series.

You said, verbatim, that Toronto is going to win this series if Durant doesn’t play. I’m not there yet. At all. They lost game one on the road. If Durant comes back and they lose this series, that’s a win for everyone who isn’t a die hard SA fan. No? I’m a die hard SA fan and I wouldn’t mind that. I just don’t see it happening over a 7 game series. 

GS without Durant AND Iggy is a decent difference to me than just not having Durant.  I would favor Toronto if both are out for the series as their wing depth against Toronto would be pretty razor thin.  I think Durant is likely to return but what we don't know is how rusty/effective he will be but you figure at worst he will be pretty solid.  I'm not so keen on Cousins either for the entire series being a great factor and I'd even question even using him if he's not showing the right impact quickly on the floor.

29 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You said, verbatim, that Toronto is going to win this series if Durant doesn’t play. I’m not there yet. At all. They lost game one on the road. If Durant comes back and they lose this series, that’s a win for everyone who isn’t a die hard SA fan. No? I’m a die hard SA fan and I wouldn’t mind that. I just don’t see it happening over a 7 game series. 

No I didnt say verbatim you fucking ass clown. 

"Yeah so they might need Durant after all."

As in, they might need him to win this series despite what everyone, including Vegas by a huge margin, wanted to beleive. 

See you for game 2, sweetheart. 

27 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Whoops, forgot to mention the Raptors were allowed to maul Curry and GS and anytime someone breathed on Kawhi  it was a foul. 

Meh. It's the playoffs. The Warriors get away with an ass load of moving screens; defenses get away with murder off the ball. It's a pretty fair trade off, and Steph is used to it. Besides, Steph and Golden State shot plenty of free throws. They have no one to blame except their awful defense tonight.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, UTDD said:

GS without Durant AND Iggy is a decent difference to me than just not having Durant.  I would favor Toronto if both are out for the series as their wing depth against Toronto would be pretty razor thin.  I think Durant is likely to return but what we don't know is how rusty/effective he will be but you figure at worst he will be pretty solid.  I'm not so keen on Cousins either for the entire series being a great factor and I'd even question even using him if he's not showing the right impact quickly on the floor.

Yeah, I figured it would be a 6 or 7 game series without KD, slightly favoring the Warriors. Without KD AND Iggy, good luck. Sure would be nice to have an extra competent wing on the bench right about now rather than Boogie. Not sure what Kerr was trying to do with him tonight. I understand giving him a chance, but his hook was way too slow. Jerebko hit a three with 10 minutes to go in the fourth, cutting the lead to 4, leading to an immediate Raptors' timeout. It was the perfect opportunity to try to steal the game; I thought for sure Steph and Dray would be in after the commerical break. Nope, still Boogie and co.. Toronto proceeded to target him twice, leading to an easy basket and an out of necessity foul. Just like that, it was back to 8.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No I didnt say verbatim you fucking ass clown. 

"Yeah so they might need Durant after all."

As in, they might need him to win this series despite what everyone, including Vegas by a huge margin, wanted to beleive. 

See you for game 2, sweetheart. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:03 PM, ztejas said:

Yes. I would put money on Milwaukee against this Warriors team without KD in the Finals without a 2nd thought. 

Just put your fucking name on a take, man. It’s ok to be wrong, or potentially right in this case. Is it not safe for me to simply replace Milwaukee with Toronto based on this quote, considering Toronto beat Milwaukee in 6? At this moment, it looks like you’re right more than ever (even though it’s one game that they won at home). I just feel like Toronto needs to win every home game in this series to even have a chance. I’ve been wrong before. I could be wrong now 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

34 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I thought for sure Steph and Dray would be in after the commerical break. Nope, still Boogie and co..

Told the people I was watching with that Kerr needed to put them back in right after the timeout just under 10 minutes, but he dicked around for another minute and allowed Toronto to maintain the cushion. Weird.

Impressive win for the dinosaurs.  Steph and Klay with 55 points but hard earned.  Dray with a triple double.  Bench for GSW got them 36 points and Kawhi was very, very mortal and they still controlled almost the entire game.  Series on.  Siakam may not have a better game but that's okay if Kawhi can be a tad more efficient and Kyle Lowry and Ibaka can do anything.  I like the Warriors defensive strategy in making Kawhi a passer with a hard double off the PNR.  Definitely think that's the weakest part of his game but Siakam was just a monster tonight and Gasol was solid too.  There was even a Danny Green sighting or two.  Nothing special happened here.  The Raptors did what they needed to do and protected home court, but it was how in control they looked which was impressive.  I expect the Warriors to bring it hard in game 2, probably build a lead early.  Will the Raptors be able to withstand it?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I made it pretty clear that I thought the raptors would/could win game one. I thought it was their only chance. I don’t think they win game 2 though. Or game 3, or 4. This was always the game the raptors needed to win to make this a series

It does kind of have that Sixers/Lakers series feel to it where AI willed the Sixers to a shocking win in Game 1, then got throttled.  This Raptors team is much better than that Sixers team, but I just don't know if they can hang with GSW for the entire series 

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
8 hours ago, youdunnf said:
Also, don’t sweetheart me. How the fuck am I supposed to respond to that lol

Take the L, buttercup

1 hour ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Keep hating on kd.  Junior

I refuse to take my L lol. Not yet. I’ll accept my L if the warriors lose game 2 and KD comes back game 3. But I don’t think they lose game 2. If they split on the road without their best player, they probably don’t need said player.

I’m also still holding out hope that KD doesn’t come back so we can continue this narrative haha. Just come back next year

Edited by youdunnf'dup

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It does kind of have that Sixers/Lakers series feel to it where AI willed the Sixers to a shocking win in Game 1, then got throttled.  This Raptors team is much better than that Sixers team, but I just don't know if they can hang with GSW for the entire series 

The Raptors match up really well with the Warriors when Gasol and Siakam punish the small ball lineups that the Warriors love running out there.

I continue to be amazed at how so many offensive rebounds just find their way into the Warriors hands. Still, for the most part, the Raps did a good job of limiting their possessions.

That Iguodala injury though.....that might end up being pretty damn huge in this series.

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Raptors match up really well with the Warriors when Gasol and Siakam punish the small ball lineups that the Warriors love running out there.

I continue to be amazed at how so many offensive rebounds just find their way into the Warriors hands. Still, for the most part, the Raps did a good job of limiting their possessions.

That Iguodala injury though.....that might end up being pretty damn huge in this series.

Yeah, Iggy means a lot to flow of the Warriors game.  He's one of those guys that always seems to be in the right place at the right time.   

Pretty sure the Warriors are fucked if Iguodala and Durant are both out. Disregarding all the little things Iguodala does that don't show up in the box score, if Thompson has to guard Kawhi all night it's going to wear him out and hurt his offense. They can't afford that. And then there's the trickle down effect of the next man up when they go to their bench and they aren't very deep on the wing. So many championships have been decided by injuries, this may be another one.

With regard to Toronto, if they are getting that kind of scoring from Siakam, Gasol, Green and VanVleet then they aren't going to lose. Siakam obviously isn't going to shoot like that again, but those guys are getting really good looks and are playing in rhythm. The Warriors may be better off not blitzing and double teaming Kawhi and forcing him to go one on one. Turn the other guys into spectators and then start blitzing Kawhi late in the game. Make those guys beat you with big shots in the clutch after not having the ball in their hands for 40 minutes.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

going into the series, I thought that Toronto had the advantage in Bigs with Gasol and Siakam.  Siakam was covered by Curry or wide open a lot. Curry can't run with him in the open court and the guy is too slithery to be handled by anyone other than Looney.  Cousins looked 45 last night in his 8 minutes.  Looney should get major minutes. Talented scoring Bigs always give GS trouble. Wouldn't it be amazing if they went up 2-0? 

Lets not forget that the Warriors have also been off for almost 2 weeks and played in a hostile environment in front of the nations first ever nba finals game

I dont think Marc and Siakam go off for what they did(the Raptors seemed to hit a lot of late shot clock 3s). It was just their night. Likewise I don't think kawhi and lowry(maybe more kawhi) shoot that bad either.

We'll see what GS is made of now that theyve seen it. KD will probably come back in GS whichll be GSs' own shot in the arm. This isnt a series until the home team loses.