2019 NCAA Regionals

I hate that we have to play each other. Sure do wish we were in separate  Supers.
Safe travels.  

Pairing the two best teams from the same conference together is Supers seems off...I get that 8/9 seeds square off in a 64-team tournament but it just seems poor. It’ll guarantee one BigXII team makes it to Omaha but still leaves a sour taste regarding our conference getting to see how they fare against everyone else.
  • Like 1

Hats off to UConn...Wallace was unhittable and they put 7 (to OSU’s 3) on the board in the all regional team

019 NCAA Oklahoma City Regional All-Tournament Team
Most Outstanding Player: Trevor Boone (OSU)
C: Pat Winkel (UCONN)
1B: Chris Winkel (UCONN)
2B: Hueston Morrill (OSU)
3B: Angelo Altavilla (NEB)
SS: Anthony Prato (UCONN)
LF: John Toppa (UCONN)
CF: Trevor Boone (OSU)
RF: Michael Woodworth (UCONN)
DH: Paul Gozzo (UCONN)
P: Jensen Elliott (OSU)
P: Jacob Wallace (UCONN

I do think LF shoulda been McCusker, especially give the NCAA baseball twitter feed temporarily changed their name to ‘Carson McCusker Fans Account’ last night

c7103ab425528910f83e07e0218499d7.jpg

Must say I did not monitor the boxscores,    but how could they omit Garcia for All Tournament  ?

Fri-Sun,     thanks ESPN for not being on ESPN3.

NCAA Lubbock Super Regional

Texas Tech

2PM

Lubbock, TX
TV: ESPN2

Texas Tech

5PM

Lubbock, TX
TV: ESPNU

Texas Tech* (IF NECESSARY)

5PM

Lubbock, TX
TV: ESPNU

Edited by torre

Correction:

Lubbock Super Regional 

Game 1: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech| 3:00 p.m. on Friday,  June 7 | ESPN 2 
Game 2: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech| 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 8 | ESPNU
(If necessary) Game 3: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech | 6:00 p.m on Sunday, June 9 | ESPNU 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2019-06-01/ncaa-baseball-tournament-bracket-schedule-scores-through-2019

Edited by torre

GAMES BEGIN FRIDAY, JUNE 7 - All times are Eastern

Friday, Saturday, Sunday* (if necessary)

No. 10 East Carolina (47-16) at No. 7 Louisville (47-16)

Noon (ESPN2), 3 p.m. (ESPNU), *Noon (ESPN2)

No. 9 Oklahoma St. (39-19) at No. 8 Texas Tech (42-17)

3 p.m. (ESPN2), 6 p.m. (ESPNU), *6 p.m. (ESPNU)

Duke (34-25) at No. 2 Vanderbilt (52-10)

6 p.m. (ESPN2), 9 p.m. (ESPNU), *3 p.m. (ESPN2)

Michigan (44-19) at No. 1 UCLA (51-9)

9 p.m. (ESPN2), 9 p.m. (ESPN2), *9 p.m. (ESPN2)

GAMES BEGIN SATURDAY, JUNE 8 – All times are Eastern

Saturday, Sunday, Monday* (if necessary)

No. 12 Ole Miss (40-25) at No. 5 Arkansas (44-17)

Noon (ESPN), 3 p.m. (ESPNU), *4 p.m. (ESPN2)

Florida St. (39-21) at No. 13 LSU (40-24)

3 p.m. (ESPN), 6 p.m. (ESPN2), *8:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Auburn (36-25) at No. 14 North Carolina (45-17)

Noon (ESPN2), TBA, (ESPN), *1 p.m. (ESPN2)

No 11 Stanford (45-12) at No. 6 Mississippi St. (49-13)

3 p.m. (ESPN2), 9 p.m. (ESPNU), *7 p.m. (ESPN2)

11 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

Yeah, this bears repeating.  I ain't skeered, but it's shitty that the committee set it up that only one of the two clearcut best teams in the Big 12 could possibly make it to Omaha.

Agreed.  Could have been easily fixed by sliding us down to the 10 seed. 

17 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Yeah conference rivals playing each other again is not ideal.  At least aggy and rape U are done.

Yeah I get that in some circumstances it's unavoidable, but when you literally only have 4 teams from the Big 12 in the field, and only two of the four are hosts, it should have been avoided, especially considering how close the seeds were togehter (8 & 9).

Swapping our seed with East Carolina or swapping Tech and Louisville  would have been a super simple easy fix that wouldn't have changed anyone's situations materially.

Yeah I get that in some circumstances it's unavoidable, but when you literally only have 4 teams from the Big 12 in the field, and only two of the four are hosts, it should have been avoided, especially considering how close the seeds were togehter (8 & 9).
Swapping our seed with East Carolina or swapping Tech and Louisville  would have been a super simple easy fix that wouldn't have changed anyone's situations materially.

5 teams (TTu, OSU, WVU, Rapelor, TCU) with 3 hosting (Lubbock, OKC, Morgantown)...but point still stands.

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

5 teams (TTu, OSU, WVU, Rapelor, TCU) with 3 hosting (Lubbock, OKC, Morgantown)...but point still stands.

LOL whoops.  Forgot about WVU.  It still seems weird to me that they are good at beisbol.

Edited by oSuJeff97

28 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Agreed.

It's nice having another legit good program in the league... helps everyone.

They blew a 7th inning 9-1 lead to the biggest loser program in college sports.  I'm not ready to anoint them legit yet.  I'm still pissed off at them.  

But I'm kind of rooting for them.  It moves ou one more rung down the Big XII baseball ladder.  They can sit in the corner with the Kansas schools and play with themselves.  

• Like 1

Just now, Go Pokes said:

They blew a 7th inning 9-1 lead to the biggest loser program in college sports.  I'm not ready to anoint them legit yet.  I'm still pissed off at them.  

But I'm kind of rooting for them.  It moves ou one more rung down the Big XII baseball ladder.  They can sit in the corner with the Kansas schools and play with themselves.  

LOL.

11 hours ago, Homercles said:

It's even more ridiculous when you look closer at the brackets and see that the ONLY possible super regional matchup was between the top two teams.

At least the 12 has 1 guaranteed flag in Omaha.

secsecsec is also guaranteed 1 and has a chance to send 5

Ark/Miss, Auburn, LSU, Miss St, Vandy, 

ACC has Duke, FSU,  L'ville, NC

PAC has Stanford, UCLA

Michigan and ECU are flying solo

Edited by BluTechsan

As a whole, the selection committee did a terrible job setting up Super Regional matchups.  So bad that I may actually believe them when they say they seeded 1-16 without putting any thought into matchups.

Had things played out by the chalk, you would've had

UCLA-Oregon State - Pac 12 vs. Pac 12, already played

Vandy vs. WVU - Interesting matchup

GT vs. UNC - ACC vs. ACC, already played 4 times

UGA v. LSU - SEC vs. SEC, already played

Arkansas vs. Ole Miss - SEC vs. SEC, already played 5 TIMES.  Has any team ever played another 7 or 8 times in a season?

MSU vs. Stanford - Interesting matchup

Louisville vs. ECU - interesting matchup

TT vs. OSU, Big 12 vs. Big 12, already played

5 out 8 are teams that are in the same conference AND have already played each other (SEC, ACC, Pac 12 don't play everyone in conference).  Just a little bit of moving around could've given us much more interesting matchups.

Edited by Don Johnson

13 hours ago, Okie State said:

Bat flip of the year? Not even the bat flip of the weekend after Boone's bomb against Nebraska.

Yeah the Boone bat flip was definitely better.  And note that it was also a DOUBLE bat flip... In the low-angle view, you can see Carson McCusker also flipping his bat in the on-deck circle...

18 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah even in 2005 when Texas vs Baylor played out several seasons worth of rivalry and bad blood, there were six games.

Beat me to it. 

Personally I love that a&m blew their jar load on WVU. Really cranked the roller coaster up.

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah the Boone bat flip was definitely better.  And note that it was also a DOUBLE bat flip... In the low-angle view, you can see Carson McCusker also flipping his bat in the on-deck circle...

Yep. And we won our regional. Aggy shit is weak. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Wind is howling in Lubbock today - swirling but also blowing out to right. Tonight should be interesting.

home run fest in the final few innings.....Tech got the 3 run dinger to wrap it up though......but shit both teams were knocking them out