Cuban Cigars

agree with the op, Cuban cigars do live up to the hype.  not many things do.  Cubans are the absolute best cigars made.   I don't agree with you about Kentucky bourbon, but do agree with you about this.  get them whenever you travel overseas.  I had a scuba diving friend that brought them back every time he went to the Caribbean, so was well stocked in them for a decade or more.  I lost that connection but always have a couple in my humidor.

12 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

agree with the op, Cuban cigars do live up to the hype.  not many things do.  Cubans are the absolute best cigars made.   I don't agree with you about Kentucky bourbon, but do agree with you about this.  get them whenever you travel overseas.  I had a scuba diving friend that brought them back every time he went to the Caribbean, so was well stocked in them for a decade or more.  I lost that connection but always have a couple in my humidor.

you'd be a fool if you blindly follow this advise.  always check before you buy: for authenticity and for storage conditions.  two weeks ago I visited a la casa del habano in an eastern european capital and the humidor smelled like a gym sock.  I quickly made a face and headed out, I guess the nice girl thought I was having sticker shock, she showed me a big of box of discounted cosmetic seconds cigars; all had swollen and cracked feet.

• 2 weeks later...

These were the last ones I bought in Colombia.  I paid $125 which I think is pretty fair.  Smoked one while there.  Brought the other two back and gave one to my friend who is afraid to travel and didn't go on this trip.

7ec0ade488c50c0e13a679b551dc0501.jpg

Edited by midtown

2 hours ago, midtown said:

These were the last ones I bought in Colombia.  I paid $125 which I think is pretty fair.  Smoked one while there.  Brought the other two back and gave one to my friend who is afraid to travel and didn't go on this trip.

7ec0ade488c50c0e13a679b551dc0501.jpg

So  basically you need a friend traveling to Latin America. Got it. 

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

You paid $125 for a three pack of Siglo VI.    Wow.   Prices have really gone up.    

Yeah, I am totally out of that pricing loop. Can't remember the last time I bought a box, but still got a little stash in the humidor.  Some sentimentals (last couple out of a box given to me by my uncle, now deceased, at graduation 15 years ago), a partagas 150 from same said, various bolivars R&Js, and an unlabeled rolled on the inner thigh of a 18yo cuban virgin.  I should probably burn these mofos as they are past prime.      

9 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Cuban cigars are SOOOO good.

If they've been cared for properly.  So many great cigars out there now. Cuban and otherwise.  

I will say the best cigar experience I've ever had was a Cuban.  That whole I tasted, chocolate, cinamman, coffee, and leather, etc.  thing people write about happened, and hasn't since.

22 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I am totally out of that pricing loop. Can't remember the last time I bought a box, but still got a little stash in the humidor.  Some sentimentals (last couple out of a box given to me by my uncle, now deceased, at graduation 15 years ago), a partagas 150 from same said, various bolivars R&Js, and an unlabeled rolled on the inner thigh of a 18yo cuban virgin.  I should probably burn these mofos as they are past prime.      

I have not bought a cigar in almost a decade by the end table humidor is still almost full with full boxes of stuff.    I have a couple full boxes of stuff that is 15+ years old.   

CHIEF Jr.  and I smoked a Cuban every night the last time we went to Cozumel. Box of Siglio IIIs was $135, we each bought a box. Don't think I'll do it again. They were wonderful, but an Arturo Fuente Maduro curly leaf for a dollar isn't enough of a step down to pay that difference. My unrefined palate can't justify it.

CHIEF

9 hours ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF Jr.  and I smoked a Cuban every night the last time we went to Cozumel. Box of Siglio IIIs was $135, we each bought a box. Don't think I'll do it again. They were wonderful, but an Arturo Fuente Maduro curly leaf for a dollar isn't enough of a step down to pay that difference. My unrefined palate can't justify it.

CHIEF

There are plenty of $6-7 sticks out there as good as a $20 advertised Cubano.....