RIP Billy Buckner

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

RIP. Such a shame that one play tended to overshadow the career of a really good player. He certainly didn’t deserve the crap slung his way after that misplay. 

I always thought that "Boston forgives you Bill" was some serious bullshit. If anything they should be asking for his forgiveness for being dickweeds.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo

His son played here for a season, IIRC.  I know because I have a CYE-esque encounter with Bill.  

RIP, Buckner.  To that great Hall in the Sky...

3 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

RIP. Such a shame that one play tended to overshadow the career of a really good player. He certainly didn’t deserve the crap slung his way after that misplay. 

Bob Stanley fucked up that inning worse than he did.

53 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Bob Stanley fucked up that inning worse than he did.

Didn't the Sox have a 2 run lead and down to 1 out to win the WS.  a couple of hits later and a wild pitch (or passed ball, can't recall) it was tied.  Then Buckner had his error to lose Game 6.  Even if Buckner had made the out, there's nothing to say that Mets still wouldn't have won that game and then Game 7.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

His son played here for a season, IIRC.  I know because I have a CYE-esque encounter with Bill.  

RIP, Buckner.  To that great Hall in the Sky...

Correct. Not sure if he ever saw the field but he was on the team for a year 

Though I would say without the error a one time batting champion and one time All Star (both from almost 40 years ago) dying probably doesn’t get an ESPN crawl at all.

That said the error was always overblown as has been recounted in several previous posts. Boston people are just generally shitheads.

• Like 1