Always Sunny coming back for season 14

Goo Punch

AP being a casualty of network TVs war truly is a tragedy,  but if it improves the quality of Always Sunny then it won't be a total loss. Hopefully Howerton brings some new ideas with him from AP Bio. Also, I welcome any and all APB guest appearances- especially Helen and Heather. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm watching re-runs on cable late at night after not really have more than a passive interest in it before. I simply love Danny DeVito.

DeVito is brilliant.

"The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention" is one of my all-time faves.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2019 at 11:58 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

DeVito is brilliant.

"The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention" is one of my all-time faves.

I think it's the funniest episode of television ever made.

"Who has a party in the cemetery?"

"Your Uncle Max.  He just croaked.  Flush that turd down the drain!"

And also:

"I don't know how much time I have left.  I'm gonna get real weird with it.  Now, block the wind while I roast this bone."

That episode came out during football season, and I took a little box of salt tailgating and started salting people the next weekend.  Wife was not impressed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

And also:
"I don't know how much time I have left.  I'm gonna get real weird with it.  Now, block the wind while I roast this bone."
That episode came out during football season, and I took a little box of salt tailgating and started salting people the next weekend.  Wife was not impressed.

I thought you were going to say you put a bag of wine in it.
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 9:22 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

And also:

The other great thing about that episode... I'm pretty sure The Gang invented canned wine.  I see that shit everywhere now, lol.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

The wife and I just started watching again.  This is her first time and my first time for anything season 5+.  This show def has a few dud episodes (frank's brother), but the highs are unmatched (the gang moves to the suburbs, charlie work, DENNIS system). 

Yeah nobody can bat 1.000.  Even the later seasons that can be very hit and miss will go on like 3-4 episode runs that are just freaking gold.

I'd put this four episode run in season 11 up there with the best stuff they've done:

• Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs
  • Being Frank
  • McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: the Trial of the Century
  • Charlie Catches a Leprechaun
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Shadynasty? That was a classic.

Yeah everybody always says that episode is the worst, but I don't mind it.

The Shadynasty thing was funny and just the whole concept was so goddamn absurd... It's not one I re-watch a lot, but I do think it's funny.

16 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

I'm still working my way through this series for the first time.  Very late to the party.  Last episode was the city comptroller/bribery.  Great stuff.  Good news is I still have like 10 seasons ahead of me.

I'm legitimately envious.

Season 5 is the apex.  There are brilliant episodes in every season after, but 5 is just their fucking peak.  Frank's Intervention is the funniest comedy episode of all time, IMO and you have stuff like the Recession episode, the mortgage crisis, the Gang wrestling for the troops, DENNIS system, Flip-A-Delphia, etc.  Just pure fire.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

I'm still working my way through this series for the first time.  Very late to the party.  Last episode was the city comptroller/bribery.  Great stuff.  Good news is I still have like 10 seasons ahead of me.

So jealous of you. Such a brilliant show. I e watched every episode at least 5 times and the top episodes like Nightman like 10+. Genius show. 

On 9/5/2019 at 9:56 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah nobody can bat 1.000.  Even the later seasons that can be very hit and miss will go on like 3-4 episode runs that are just freaking gold.

I'd put this four episode run in season 11 up there with the best stuff they've done:

• Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs
  • Being Frank
  • McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: the Trial of the Century
  • Charlie Catches a Leprechaun

Is there a greater episode in the history of television than the suburbs? Whenever they show what they're doing with the trash and freaking lose it.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Is there a greater episode in the history of television than the suburbs? Whenever they show what they're doing with the trash and freaking lose it.

spacer.png

I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely in the top 10 Always Sunny episodes of all time... maybe top 5... I'd have to think about it.

Yeah the slow pile-up of the trash and just the slow devolution of the general state of the house that coincides with Dennis and Mac's descent into madness is great.

Also .... old BLACK man.... and "NEWS FLASH, ASSHOLE... I'VE BEEN HEARING IT THE WHOLE TIME...!!!!"

So jealous of you. Such a brilliant show. I e watched every episode at least 5 times and the top episodes like Nightman like 10+. Genius show. 
Jealous as well and watch it like you. If there's nothing on I'll watch one or two before crashing

Country Mac or the one when his cousin comes into town is great as well

• 2 weeks later...