USA map - but of most Wiki'd person from a city

Wally Fairway

Guest Lobo

I've noticed a big key to success is getting the fuck out of the town you are from.  Jonathan Franzen, Billy Graham, and I have two things in common.  We are from the same town just outside Chicago.  And we all get the hell out of there as soon was legally possible.   (and p.s., I absolutely love the fact that Franzen is largely unknown by Graham people and vice-versa).  

Edited by Lobo

40 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I've noticed a big key to success is getting the fuck out of the town you are from.  Jonathan Franzen, Billy Graham, and I have two things in common.  We are from the same town just outside Chicago.  And we all get the hell out of there as soon was legally possible.   (and p.s., I absolutely love the fact that Franzen is largely unknown by Graham people and vice-versa).  

Billy Graham is from just outside Charlotte, North Carolina. 

Guest Lobo
51 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Billy Graham is from just outside Charlotte, North Carolina. 

My bad, it was beaten into our heads as kids that he was from Western Springs.  He certainly spent several formative years there as a preacher.  So I know he has serious roots there, but yes-was a youth in other places.  Sort of begs the question with regard to the question of "where is so-and-so from?"  Where you're born and where you're raised and where you cut your teeth/formative years are all wildly different things.  Kinda saw it after WWII, people moved around a lot more and then things seemed to sorta settle down in this country and then now we're really seeing people up and move around as fast as they can.  I lived in 10 different cities (not just residences, but 10 disparate cities in 3 separate states) all before I was 18.  

I hope that one day, I am the proud son of DeLand, Florida...the 24th chromosome of the United States.  

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

And Doylestown, OH. Also Cincinnati. 

Just stay out of Ohio...

Aside from Manson and Dahmer, William T. Sherman was born there, and Sarah Jessica Parker has been known to kill boners.  

Maybe Ohio is a dangerous state.

10 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Who was Charlie Faust? I have lived here for 40 years and never heard of this cat. It says he pitched for the NY Giants in 1911.

At least we aren't stuck with Terry Nichols.

I know the name but don't follow baseball much.  You'd think a lowlife like Barry Sanders might get a nod.  I was looking for Nolan Cromwell, Ron Baker, John Riggins, etc. but didn't find much, maybe I missed.  The eminem KC connection was something I do not remember at all.

Guest Lobo
16 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My cousin (by marriage) made it on the map in South Dakota.  He’s not the skinhead murderer.  /csb

The weekend ain't over yet...

18 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

Aside from Manson and Dahmer, William T. Sherman was born there, and Sarah Jessica Parker has been known to kill boners.  

Maybe Ohio is a dangerous state.

Ohio is the Florida of the Midwest 

14 hours ago, tokamak said:

W is listed for Houston, Dallas, Crawford, and Midland. I have no idea how this works.

It seems if you have any connection, or if the town is even mentioned in your Wiki bio, and your page has the most hits of anyone else with those connections, you take the pie.  Even if it's a footnote that says Jessica Alba once farted in Memphis, Tennessee, that could qualify her to take the city over Elvis if her Wiki page had more overall hits than him.  It's a little ridiculous, but they made the rules.

Edited by ulukinatme