Fans of Faith No More, Introduce Yourself

Patricio Swayze

Big fan of this band and was so stoked when they got back together a few years ago. Even more so when the album they put out was really good and the subsequent tour was amazing.

It has always bothered me that people dismiss them as some proto rock/rap band when in actuality they are very far from that. My first concert was Metallica and GnR at the astrodome and FNM opened. However, a year later they came through Houston and played the Unicorn (an old Kroger’s in north Houston) and they absolutely killed it.

It is hard to pick a favorite album, but I lean towards Angel Dust. However, I think they are one of the few bands that never put out a bad album, and that includes their first two with Chuck on vocals.

I hope they put out another album and would really love for them to re-record “Spirit” from Introduce Yourself.

Who’s with me?

• Like 2

I'm a casual fan but they are one of those bands that I always really enjoy hearing. I wasn't aware of them until The Real Thing came out when I was in 8th grade. The first half of that album is superb. They were shot out of a cannon.

Midlife Crisis is a fantastic song. I also really like Last Cup of Sorrow.

And their cover of Easy is one of my favorite covers of all time. Someone on here recently posted a live cover they did of the Nestle white chocolate commercial song and that was hilarious. They seem like a genuinely funny group of dudes.

Edited by smuggs

I'm a casual fan but they are one of those bands that I always really enjoy hearing. I wasn't aware of them until The Real Thing came out when I was in 8th grade. The first half of that album is superb. They were shot out of a cannon.
Midlife Crisis is a fantastic song. I also really like Last Cup of Sorrow.
And their cover of Easy is one of my favorite covers of all time. Someone on here recently posted a live cover they did of the Nestle white chocolate commercial song and that was hilarious. They seem like a genuinely funny group of dudes.

When Album of the Year came out I was a little disappointed. It had a few songs I really loved. But over time that album really grew on me.

I guess that there is some overlap on our musical Venn Diagram, Swayze. I wasn't too sure earlier.

Fear not, I like all kinds of music. What I don’t like is bad music

The only one that I ever listened to repeatedly was the big hit album, The Real Thing. It's one of the greatest albums wall to wall of all time.

I tried sampling some of their others and it never did take. I will revisit at some point in the future and give them another try.

The only one that I ever listened to repeatedly was the big hit album, The Real Thing. It's one of the greatest albums wall to wall of all time.
I tried sampling some of their others and it never did take. I will revisit at some point in the future and give them another try.

They took a pretty hard turn from The Real Thing to Angel Dust. I mean, a lot of elements of the band didn’t change, but they definitely broke the mold. It is one of the reasons why Jim Martin started mailing it in and got fired from the band. He didn’t like the direction.