Galveston... to beach or not to beach

orangecat92

Actually  4 beach, the wife 2 sisters, and niece. Wife asked me to find vaca. Spot, so I went by number of bathrooms. 14 year old takes one hour shower.  So, for the budget...under $2000 for seven nights the best deals are Airbnb...2 plus blocks from beach no pool. Several choices. All have 2 bathrooms. Some have outdoor showers.

Anything to stay away from? Never done air bnb before.  Other option is to rent 2 hotel rooms, but. That puts $slightly over 2k for a place rated 4.0 or better.  There will be drinking involved, though primarily only one lady.

Yea an hour or two was always enough Galveston for me.  Not sure about several days.  If you are coming from DFW area see how much further the Florida panhandle is.  If you're coming from again, San Antonio or west, then Port Aransas.  I assume you aren't stupid enough to live in Houston and vacation in Galveston. 

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yea an hour or two was always enough Galveston for me.  Not sure about several days.  If you are coming from DFW area see how much further the Florida panhandle is.  If you're coming from again, San Antonio or west, then Port Aransas.  I assume you aren't stupid enough to live in Houston and vacation in Galveston. 

Port Aransas has great fishing & an ok beach. South Padre is by far the best beach in Texas. 

If you are spending that much money, get a condo just east of Gulf Shores in Orange Beach / Perdido Key and be right on the beach with real sand, nice water and a condo pool.

Considering you'll be there for a full week, the extra drive time is inconsequential and the experience will be exponentially better.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

If you are spending that much money, get a condo just east of Gulf Shores in Orange Beach / Perdido Key and be right on the beach with real sand, nice water and a condo pool.

Considering you'll be there for a full week, the extra drive time is inconsequential and the experience will be exponentially better.

Seconded.  Gulf Shores is great.  Same beach as Destin without all the traffic and congestion.