2019 Houston Mayoral Race

Pancho

I was asked at the gym this morning to "strongly consider" voting for Buzbee.  I told the dude (who interrupted me) thanks, I'll consider it.  

Other than the tank incident and his terrible pig commercial, I don't know a lot about him.  

Didn't he run for mayor the last term?  Why does he want to be mayor of Houston so bad? 

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

I was asked at the gym this morning to "strongly consider" voting for Buzbee. I told the dude:

"Ok cool, hook 'em.  We don't need more aggys in positions of power." 

• Like 4

He's a principled man whose unwavering adherence to those principles is legendary. 

Oct 2016

AUSTIN — Tony Buzbee, the Houston lawyer who earlier this year welcomed Donald Trump to his River Oaks mansion for a fundraiser, has publicly washed his hands of the Republican presidential nominee and said he plans to write in veteran Dan Moran on the general-election ballot.

Buzbee turned away from Trump when a 2005 video surfaced this month in which the businessman is heard bragging about groping women, one of a number of Trump supporters who have broken with him.

“Sorry Donald. I'm done with you. Completely,” Buzbee posted on social media on Oct. 7, along with a link to a story about Trump’s crude comments.

This week, Buzbee posted a link to a Texas Lawyer story about his decision with a comment about the stir it has raised.

After the election

But it appears that the attorney and the 45th president of the United States eventually patched things up, so much so that Buzbee donated $500,000 to Trump's inauguration committee, reported Law.com.

4 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

Why does he want to be mayor of Houston so bad? 

My guess is that he sees it as a step for higher office.  Even though it's never worked for any Houston mayor in the past.

You have to guess that Trump will come to town to support him at some point.  Good times.

32 minutes ago, F250 said:

This is the aggy that got into it with his HOA because he parked a Sherman tank in front of his house, right?

Correct. Per HOA guidelines only tanks that conformed with the California emissions guidelines could be parked in the neighborhood. That eliminated the Sherman tank, had he driven an M60A1 he'd been fine.

Edited by Irwin F Fletcher

Just now, misslaw said:

He has absolutely no experience in government or with any type of public sector job. This is all about his ego. 

Which is exactly why the aggy and aggy lovers will vote for him.  Absolutely 0 experience? In terms of the job you are applying /running for?   HAtES dA LiBs?   YeS pLeASe

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

And the answer is aggy?????  Fuck out of here 

Didn't say that, for all I care they can keep having corrupt idiots run that place further into shit. I avoid it as best I can. Just pointing out his opposition is a fucking crook. 

You lunatics in Houston deserve what you get

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Zavala said:

Didn't say that, for all I care they can keep having corrupt idiots run that place further into shit. I avoid it as best I can. Just pointing out his opposition is a fucking crook. 

Houston is awesome. The only lunatics are the folks buying the firefighters bullshit. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Which is exactly why the aggy and aggy lovers will vote for him.  Absolutely 0 experience? In terms of the job you are applying /running for?   HAtES dA LiBs?   YeS pLeASe

All the aggys live in the unincorporated suburbs and can’t vote for him. Maybe he can run for mayor of Spring/Tomball/Cypress instead. 

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

All the aggys live in the unincorporated suburbs and can’t vote for him. Maybe he can run for mayor of Spring/Tomball/Cypress instead. 

Was going to post this exact thing.  Sure there are aggies in the city but no where at the level that you see in the burbs. 

10 hours ago, Zavala said:

Do us all a big fucking favor and stay the hell away.  Fuck you, Houston is awesome. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Do us all a big fucking favor and stay the hell away.  Fuck you, Houston is awesome. 

rodney2.jpg

1 hour ago, Smax said:

That can be said about most big cities

Street shitting is so progressive

Zavala is a walking, talking Dunning-Kruger case study.  At least the old trolls on shaggy *usually* had working brains.  I think its a generational thing, and its about what you'd expect when your worldview is shaped by youtube videos.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Zavala and assholes like him and their white flight to the suburbs are the reason we flood every time it rains now.

on average, every square foot of paved area in the region causes $400 in downstream flood damages.  every single square foot.  and again, that's on average.  it's worse in the former prairie west of the city.  mcmansions in katy and cypress cause more damage to the rest of us than it cost the owner to buy them.  why the fuck do the rest of us subsidize this shit?

Edited by elfenix

25 minutes ago, elfenix said:

on average, every square foot of paved area in the region causes $400 in downstream flood damages.  every single square foot.  and again, that's on average.  it's worse in the former prairie west of the city.  mcmansions in katy and cypress cause more damage to the rest of us than it cost the owner to buy them.  why the fuck do the rest of us subsidize this shit?

We should torch their neighborhoods.

• Like 3

On 5/31/2019 at 12:55 PM, fattyflattie said:

He has a very, very nice suite at Kroger stadium.  Has expressed annoyance because they wont let him join some country club, iirc.  Likes hookers that destroy his house.  Hosts Trump events at his River Oaks mansion.  Aggy.

So other then the hookers destroying the house thing he sucks. 

I concur about Turner.  He's been blessed with a great economy and he seems to be keeping the lights on. And most importantly he doesn't embarrass himself.  Whether you agree or disagree on Turner about the fire dept salaries, I don't see how that would be enough to vote him out of office.

I wish Turner would address the future problem of health care for city retirees. It's underfunded and most likely going to get worse. In the end, a mayor is judged how well the city is left financially sometimes a decade later.

2016 to Present: Sylvester Turner

2010–2016: Annise Parker

2004–2010: Bill White

1998–2004: Lee Brown

1992–1998: Bob Lanier

1982–1992: Kathy Whitmire

Since 1979 Oil Crisis - Houston has had a surprisingly good run with mayors.

In case you were wondering - White and Lanier were UT Grads. Sly and Whitmire were UH Grads. Annise was Rice.

I don't think there's been a single aggie-affiliated mayor in Houston, ever. Let's not fuck that up. 

• Like 2