Dallas Stars 2019 off-season thread

C-Man

Sigh:
Updates from GM Jim Nill:
Stephen Johns will not be on the ice and Nill will update his status accordingly.
Honka has requested a trade and will not skate.
Perry has a small fracture in foot, will be re-evaluated in two weeks. Took a fall while skating this week. #GoStars
We know honka, we've been trying to trade you but there's no value there.

23 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Marner. It's like everyone is waiting to see what he gets and there is no movement. 

That shit is going sideways up there in TOR.

I'd love to have Marner, of course, but I don't see him fitting under the cap unless we get rid of someone I would likely rather not (like Rads). 

But if Johns is on LTIR (with Hanzal) then I could see us maybe going after Gardiner since we would ostensibly free up $7.1M. I bet we could get Gardiner for $5.5M and keep the other 1.6 for a move at the trade deadline. I mean the dude is a .45/ppg defensemen. Give him Heiskanen and holy shit what a 1-2 d line combo that would be.

Just shower thoughts.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Just watched the interview with Perry about his injury and you know what, fuck it. I'm, possibly sadistically,  rooting for the guy. I hope he buys in and produces. I hope he is that sandpaper we lost when rooster left. I'm kinda starting to think this a pretty smart signing on nill's part. I will probably always kinda hate the guy, but if he helps us get where i want to be, then fuck it, let's go Corey Perry

For once it feels like we're pretty damn deep at forward. I don't know who ends up making the squad to round out the offense, but I feel good about whoever it ends up being.

Upshall with a goal and Noesen with a fight (might have been the previous game) - the guys on PTO's are really working to make this team

Off the top of my head.

Oleksiak is back. Feels like he took a vacation. Still trying to get something out of the big rig.

Pavelski has moved to the wing with Benn and Seguin. 

Harley is the new wunderkind D.

Cogliano looks the same as last year, which I liked. 

About all I can muster up from memory at 703A.

How has Perry looked? Has Sekera cracked the top 4 D heading in? 
If the goaltending doesn't regress much and the defense/shooting improve I can see myself watching some contending hockey in late June/July. 
Perry has a broken foot and hasn't played.

Perry will be out at least two more weeks with a broken foot, Sean Shapiro of The Athletic reports.

This is the same exact news we heard just over two weeks ago, so a return in two weeks might be on the optimistic side for Perry's injury. He'll miss at least the first five games of the season.

If it was during the season we might only get 'lower body injury'. 

Who knows?