Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Upcoming dates to circle

June 13 - 2019-20 EPL fixtures announced.

July 20 - vs BVB in South Bend

July 21 - vs Sevilla in Fenway

July 25 - vs Sporting Lisbon in Yankee Stadium

? August ? - FA Community Shield vs Man City in Wembley

Aug. 10 - EPL season starts

Aug. 14 - UEFA Super Cup vs Chelsea in Istanbul

Aug. 29 - Champions League group stage draw

Edited by TKS

I didn't come up with it, but I'll share it.

The woman who ran onto the field had a better chance or scoring on Alisson than Harry Kane. Went right by VVD.

Edited by TKS

Bruno Fernandes admitted to preferring a move LFC over Man City. If we pull that off it'd be an absolute blinder by the club. 

I like Liverpool a lot more [than Man City]. It’s a more direct [style of play], more offensive, maybe less organised, but more intense football.

City, without the ball, has the intensity of the eleven, and can in a moment of pressure put the [opposing] team in a corner and end up stealing the ball.

In Liverpool they are more individual players, especially in the midfield, usually playing three very aggressive players and recovering the ball.

As ridiculous as it might sound, I would be less than shocked to see us to sign Mbappe this summer. We were in for him a few seasons ago, ready and willing to spend the requisite cash, but he didn't want to leave France. We were also not nearly at the level then as we are now. He's a couple years older and we've played in back to back CL finals, playing some of the best football on the planet. We have cash to spend and don't need to make a ton of signings, but rather just need one or two world class talents.

Not 100% that he leaves PSG this summer but I think he might be itching for a new challenge, and if he leaves, we will be major players.

Saw something this morning about Liverpool being in the Club World Cup next season against the winners of the other FIFA world divisions like CONCACAF. It's going to be taking place in December in Qatar which is just f'ing stupid.  

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Saw something this morning about Liverpool being in the Club World Cup next season against the winners of the other FIFA world divisions like CONCACAF. It's going to be taking place in December in Qatar which is just f'ing stupid.  

Sounds like something you'd send your U23's to.

42 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Club World Cup is switching to bi-annually, I believe, so it's not happening this year.

And yes, it's a dumb FIFA money grab. (Though admittedly I kind of enjoyed watching us play Sao Paolo 2005).

Fuck that competition in the goat ass. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled. 

That said Klopp and teams biggest challenge is going to be load management. They'll need to structure the squad in a way where we can compete on multiple fronts effectively without wearing out our legs. 

The Copa America, UEFA Nations League and Africa Cup of Nations also add to the calculus. 

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Fuck that competition in the goat ass. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled. 

That said Klopp and teams biggest challenge is going to be load management. They'll need to structure the squad in a way where we can compete on multiple fronts effectively without wearing out our legs. 

The Copa America, UEFA Nations League and Africa Cup of Nations also add to the calculus. 

UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield don't help. 

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

That's really cool. Thanks for posting.

The passing stats highlight that (despite the possession imbalance) we bottled them into their third for most of the match. Well more than half of their passes came from their GK/Defenders. 

I found some of these quotes from Beckenbauer odd. Telling about the quality of BuLi vs EPL and also I don't think he has a grasp on the type of man Jurgen is. That said I'm looking forward to the announcement soon of Kloppo's new contract. paythatmanhismoney.gif

Jurgen Klopp urged to join Bayern Munich after winning Champions League with Liverpool

Spoiler

"I wish for nothing more than that one day he will come to Bayern," Beckenbauer told Bild , cited by Goal.com .

"For me he is one of the world's best coaches.

"What he started in Dortmund, he has refined with Liverpool."

"I believe that a job in England robs you of your strength," he said. "You have even more responsibility as a so-called manager at a Premier League club than a coach in the Bundesliga.

"Through two cup competitions and the larger league, the number of games is much higher than ours."

Edited by maninblack

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Admittedly, I had to watch the 2nd half mostly on a phone while the wife was driving us to the recital. Then I watched in the lobby until the end with lots going on before the Origi goal. I need to sit down and fully watch the 2nd half. It's really interesting how shutdown Tottenham seemed. Maybe I'm mistaken but it seemed to be a very un-Liverpool like victory. But it wasn't as tense as I've felt previous 1-0 leads were. I don't know, it just seemed like Tottenham wasn't as threatening in the 2nd half based on how great the backline was. Again, I wasn't able to give the game my full attention. Am I wrong? 

The first half looked like a match played by two teams who'd been on vacation for 3 weeks. Timing was off on passes, shots were off, etc. 

The second half looked like Liverpool was set to absorb pressure and hit them on the bounce. Spurs looked spent--mentally and physically. I remember at one point, they had 3 players getting physio assistance at the same time. 

That first goal really threw everything off for both sides. It came so early that we probably played more conservative that we normally would and Spurs just looked shocked.

• immamac changed the title to Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC