Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

15 hours ago, 406W30th said:

As ridiculous as it might sound, I would be less than shocked to see us to sign Mbappe this summer. We were in for him a few seasons ago, ready and willing to spend the requisite cash, but he didn't want to leave France. We were also not nearly at the level then as we are now. He's a couple years older and we've played in back to back CL finals, playing some of the best football on the planet. We have cash to spend and don't need to make a ton of signings, but rather just need one or two world class talents.

Not 100% that he leaves PSG this summer but I think he might be itching for a new challenge, and if he leaves, we will be major players.

I don’t think we are going to spend 200 million on one guy.

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Swiss financial blogger...swiss ramble...estimates liverpool will make 111million euro on CL tourney this year...also says with EPL money this year we will be first team to earn over 250 million from just the 2 leagues payouts

That's a lot of Coutinho's!

• Like 1

Speaking of Coutinho's I'll paste my summer thoughts here since I think things are going to pick up in a hurry on the transfer side of things

Since silly season discussion has begun here's my take. This summer will be defined much more by the players leaving than the players coming in.

Incoming: Forward, AM, FB, CB, K (Maybe)

1.) Forward: I think we need a versatile Forward that Klopp trusts to rotate with the front 3. 

2.) AM: We need a creative threat to play with K8A and Fabinho. This was supposed to be Fekir until knee concerns cropped up and the need for creativity in our MF still exists.

3.) FB: Need a left footed FB to deputize Robertson. It'd be even better if he was versatile enough to cover for TAA as well.

4.) CB: Need a 4th to go with VvD, Jomez & Matip. 

5.) K: If we don't give Kelleher the spot to deputize then we'll need to bring in a backup

Number 1 and 2 are the most significant needs in my mind and where I'd spend the most $$$ as those 2 will be expected to play the most. 

Outgoing: A whole lot of dudes. Our wage bill is actually quite high and I'd expect the following to hit the bricks. 

Forward:

Mane: Keep

Firmino: Keep

Salah: Keep

Shaqiri: Keep

Ings: Soton staying up triggered his sale. We'll get in the neighborhood of 20M which is amazing.

Sturridge: Free but takes 130K/week off wage bill

Origi: This one is up in the air but only has 1 year left on his contract and we won't get a better time to sell. He's also at a point in his career where I'd want regular minutes which he won't get at LFC. I'd imagine we get somewhere between 15-20M if sold. I think He's on about 70-80K/week.

Woodburn: Loan but I wouldn't care if we sold him with a buy back clause. Kid needs minutes to develop. He's in a rut.

Midfield:

Hendo: Keep

Gini: Keep

Ox: Keep

K8A: Keep

Fabinho: Keep

Lallana: Sell. He's scrap at this point and if we get 10M I'd jump at it. Selling removes 110K/week in wages.

Milner: Free with a clause that we can activate to keep one more season but I wouldn't do that. Milner is an aging passenger at LFC and is on 140K/week. I think we can find a better use for that money.

Defenders:

VvD: Keep

Gomez: Keep

Matip: Keep

Robbo: Keep

TAA: Keep

Lovren: Sell. Don't care what we get for him just get him out of a red shirt. Binning him removes 100K/week from the wage bill.

Moreno: Leaving on a free and will make available 65K/week.

Clyne: Sell for whatever we can get. I'd guess between 5-10M b/c he's English. That will take 70k/week off the payroll.

Keepers: 

Alisson: Keep

Kelleher: Keep

Mignolet: Looking for first team minutes means a sale for Waffles. He was a great teammate from all accounts this season while not seeing any action. We might get 5-10M for him but it'll also clear off 60K/week.

Karius: Let the kid go to greener pastures. We can probably get 15M of so in a sale for him I'd guess.

That's my thoughts and as you can see we'll have much more activity of players heading out than in but we're freeing up a massive amount of money from the wage bill. 

Edited by maninblack

8 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Origi: This one is up in the air but only has 1 year left on his contract and we won't get a better time to sell. He's also at a point in his career where I'd want regular minutes which he won't get at LFC. I'd imagine we get somewhere between 15-20M if sold. I think He's on about 70-80K/week.

Do you still feel this way?

26 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Do you still feel this way?

Yes but Edwards might get 25-30M now. I'm not upset if he inks a new deal but I still don't think he'll play a whole lot barring injury so it'd be up to him what he wants in his career right now.

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Yes but Edwards might get 25-30M now. I'm not upset if he inks a new deal but I still don't think he'll play a whole lot barring injury so it'd be up to him what he wants in his career right now.

Yeah, if Edwards can turn that 25-30M into a world class striker or attacking Mid, we'd be in better shape. Plus I'd love to see Brewster get a shot.

23 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'd like us to take a shot at Wan-Bissaka but it sounds like Palace wants £60m for him. That's a shitload of cash for someone who won't be in the starting 11.

Why?

We need someone that can deputize Robbo on the left and if they're versatile enough (two-footed) to cover TAA on the right then bonus. As Jograves said we're not in a position where we can spend money or cheat on the level of City and we have better areas to put big money into.

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Why?

We need someone that can deputize Robbo on the left and if they're versatile enough (two-footed) to cover TAA on the right then bonus. As Jograves said we're not in a position where we can spend money or cheat on the level of City and we have better areas to put big money into.

Because I would like to see us cheat on the level of City.

• Like 1

From the Echo

Lijnders Message

Assistant manager Pepijn Linders has told the rest of world football that Liverpool won’t stop in their pursuit of glory.

The Reds lifted the Champions League - their sixth European Cup - against Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend and will now look to add a Premier League title next season.

“I’m so proud we’ve won the cup with those big, big ears. Bringing it home to Liverpool, you dream about this when you are young,” the Dutchman told the official club website.

“I want to dedicate this cup to ‘team spirit’, the most important ingredient of this season for us. We came here together and it’s not always easy, but standing around these players, these coaches in front of these fans, I can’t believe.

“I would say, ‘Please everyone, keep this feeling of desire, passion and ambition into the next season.’ We shall not be moved.

“We said before the game it’s about energy, identity and passion. Finals are to attack with full confidence, conviction and a 100 per cent winning attitude, nothing else, they are to win… and we did it!

“As I’ve said before, you have to deserve the right to be ambitious and, wow, these boys deserved everything.

“I have just one message from us to the world of football: ‘We conquered all of Europe and we’re never gonna stop…’

“Thank you all for this historical season. We are all together Liverpool Football Club.”

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Saw this photo of VvD and it's probably the conspiracy theorist in me but does anyone else find the book he's reading and how it's positioned for the picture peculiar?

b9a49d04e70b3fa21e7cf5655796f8d5.jpg

Definitely positioned for the camera but I don't recognize the book...

8 hours ago, longhorndude said:

So these seem to have all disappeared from the site...but a lot of new 6 swag has shown up.

It's back in the Champions of Europe 6 and 19 numbers. 

Edited by mdmost

His second goal against Everton at Anfield in 2014 is still one of my favorites. His back is basically to the goal and he just lobs it so perfectly with his left foot over Timmy Howard. The ball took ages to cross the goal line. Then, he stands in front of the bluenoses with his arms outstretched like "Take the Loss, Pussies."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jograves said:

His second goal against Everton at Anfield in 2014 is still one of my favorites. His back is basically to the goal and he just lobs it so perfectly with his left foot over Timmy Howard. The ball took ages to cross the goal line. Then, he stands in front of the bluenoses with his arms outstretched like "Take the Loss, Pussies."

daniel-sturridge-chip-over-tim-howard-c.

200.gif

• Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC