Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Thanks for your service.

Forgive the sappy moment for a second.  I will ALWAYS remember his goal, and where I was. It's one of a thousand goals I've watched with my kid and it just sticks out.  He had a couple games that day and he wanted some grilled chicken something in between games so we found a Cheddar's that fit the logistical constraints.  I had watched most the first haf at his game and he was streaming it in the car.  

We get to the table and were a getting a little nervous/depressed whatever.  We had the sound down, but my phone propped up on the salt/pepper deal and were getting to the point we figured we'd see our first loss, and then THAT happened.  It just seemed magical at the moment and it was just a really cool sports/fandom moment that you can't prepare for it just happens.

For all he did in 13/14 and mostly providing that moment, I will always remember Studge fondly.

• Like 1

I hope VVD gets the ballon d'or

Should have been Salah last year

Yes Messi and Ronaldo are great but it would be like the NFL giving Brady and Manning reward over and over again even when the LT,Ryan,Cam, etc of the world have great seasons

Like VVD said Messi can win it every year but show some love to other players

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

When Moreno scored this goalazo in one of his first ever games I thought he would end up one of the best left backs in the world. He was always a good teammate and funny as hell. 

I still think he could've been used as a late game sub more often, playing further up the field with fewer defensive responsibilities. He has an absolute cannon of a left foot and speed to burn but that Spud McKenzie dog in the photo I posted had a better footballing brain than our beloved Spanish doofus.

Wish him the best. He was indeed a world class knucklehead.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:20 PM, Bone3421 said:

On youtube...Liverpool FC: 2019 Champions League : The movie

15 minutes..everygoal of every game...might get dusty towards the end

I just watched it and wow....just wow.  I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't like soccer.

On top of that skill (which was second to very very few) he seems like a generally good guy.  I think we've had many of those, but his personality shines through in all the things he did off the field.  

32 minutes ago, Jograves said:

By all accounts, he was always giving the young kids advice and help too. He genuinely cared about the club. 

Yeah going from being "the guy" to an occasional 85th minute sub can't be fucking easy and from everything we saw or read he seemed to handle it with class.  

35 minutes ago, Jograves said:

He wasn't a Champion of Europe before. Changes the calculus a bit. 

maybe you're right. the calculus always changes though.

Going to the club and not the other way around. Doing that whilst being one of the best CB’s in the world. And here you thought you couldn’t love him any more than you already did... also a huge testament to the status LFC now have; the best wants to remain, not go elsewhere. https://t.co/dtHgiP7S8Y

— Maxi (@MaaxiAngelo) June 5, 2019

i posted something very similar to this quote above on Shaggy back in the summer of 2016 when VVD sought/got his contract extended to 2022 for Southampton. The future was so bright. VVD was in and committed!!! I mean look what he said!

Speaking about his first season with Saints and his new contract, van Dijk told youtube.com/southamptonfc: “I’m so pleased, I’m so happy. Me and my family have enjoyed it a lot this year.  It’s been amazing. It’s only positive. 

“The club is growing and I definitely want to grow with them, that’s how I feel. Hopefully we can make it happen. That’s the plan, to get a lot of achievements going.”

One year later the calculus changed for him, handing in his transfer request. I dunno.. hey, I get why confidence is sky high, maybe Liverpool is immune.

• immamac changed the title to Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC
1 hour ago, yoladu said:

Going to the club and not the other way around. Doing that whilst being one of the best CB’s in the world. And here you thought you couldn’t love him any more than you already did... also a huge testament to the status LFC now have; the best wants to remain, not go elsewhere. https://t.co/dtHgiP7S8Y

i posted something very similar to this quote above on Shaggy back in the summer of 2016 when VVD sought/got his contract extended to 2022 for Southampton. The future was so bright. VVD was in and committed!!! I mean look what he said!

One year later the calculus changed for him, handing in his transfer request. I dunno.. hey, I get why confidence is sky high, maybe Liverpool is immune.

tenor.gif?itemid=13919368

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

At least it's clear the Southampton management team has done  a great job reinvesting all the money received in the past ~5 years totalling ~£162m.

• Adam Lallana - Signed 2014 (£25m)
  • Dejan Lovren - Signed 2014 (£20m)
  • Nathaniel Clyne - Signed 2015 (£12m)
  • Sadio Mane - Signed 2016 (£30m)
  • Virgil van Dijk - Signed 2017 (£75m)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/173m-spent-southampton-signings-given-14269022

52 minutes ago, pied said:

At least it's clear the Southampton management team has done  a great job reinvesting all the money received in the past ~5 years totalling ~£162m.

• Adam Lallana - Signed 2014 (£25m)
  • Dejan Lovren - Signed 2014 (£20m)
  • Nathaniel Clyne - Signed 2015 (£12m)
  • Sadio Mane - Signed 2016 (£30m)
  • Virgil van Dijk - Signed 2017 (£75m)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/173m-spent-southampton-signings-given-14269022

Terrible job. Yep, Southampton's Director of Recruitment, responsible for Mane, Clyne, Lovren was poached a few years back by Tottenham . (They seem to be doing well.)

anyway, yeah,  I am taking mdmost's advice.. i am letting it go. I should gotten involved in y'all thread in the first place. Cheers.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jograves said:

That is cool but I hope it's better than their current site. That thing is a nightmare. 

What, you don't like filling out 8 survey questions before reading "You'll Never Believe Who Took the #15 Shirt From Daniel Sturridge!" articles?