Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

I like this. City has a tough run in March right around the time CL gets tough (if they make it that far).
The espn article has liverpool projected 1st and city 2nd...saying city want european glory and will focus on that over the league since they won B2B

So maybe the epl march will cost them a few points...but i doubt pep rest anyone

Liverpool have submitted a €45 million (£40m) bid to sign Sporting midfielder Bruno Fernandes, according to reports in Portugal.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/354011-liverpool-submit-bruno-fernandes-bid
Saw that but i believe sporting wants more than that...if liverpool gets him for that price that would be a bargain

I've been thinking about this lately, but would any of you trade our season for City's?  I know it would have been huge to win the EPL title after 20+ years, but I honestly don't think I would switch our season with City's.  I think the two domestic cups are relatively meaningless, and nobody seems to care that City won the EPL title or the domestic treble.  I think winning the Champions League is much more prestigious and I don't think I would trade it for an EPL title.  What do you all think?

20 minutes ago, iodeac said:

I think winning the Champions League is much more prestigious 

No question.

20 minutes ago, iodeac said:

I don't think I would trade it for an EPL title.

Not sure. I'd like that monkey off of our back, but I like the CL title. A buddy of mine is a City fan and was bragging about the title. I said "Congrats on winning the Big 10, we won the NC".

• Like 1

You've met a City fan in the wild? That's rare.

I want the league, but I wouldn't trade this year for City's. It was amazing watching LFC last season. Winning the cup the way we did was pretty damn special. I'll never forget that Barcelona home leg. I've probably watched that game in its entirety a dozen times and I watch the Inside Anfield video of that game almost every morning to pump myself up. The final felt like a coronation and it was one of the most fun sporting days of my life. January 4, 2006, June 1, 2019, and November 1, 2017 in that order are my favorite moments as a sportsfan. I'll always remember exactly what I did those days. 

Plus, it's fun to see the City fans whine online about being disrespected. Fuck them. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

edited to clarify - When y'all win the league and not the CL this year you're going to realize how silly you sounded when making those posts.

And your frame of reference regarding how it feels as a fan to have your team win the champions league is what exactly?

Aww, your little feelings are hurt.

My frame of reference is that my soccer mad brother is a Chelsea fan who has traveled to London and hung out with their real hometown lifelong fans numerous times. He and they cherish the league titles more.

But your foot stomping is cute. Don't get me wrong, I would really like a CL title. It would be pretty damn cool. But unlike you I know what cheering for a team who wins the PL feels like. You know, if we're discussing frames of reference.

Anyway, I think Liverpool wins it this year. And you'll go nuts celebrating and you'll enjoy it more than this year's CL title. You might not admit it now, but you will.

Aww, your little feelings are hurt.

My frame of reference is that my soccer mad brother is a Chelsea fan who has traveled to London and hung out with their real hometown lifelong fans numerous times. He and they cherish the league titles more.

But your foot stomping is cute. Don't get me wrong, I would really like a CL title. It would be pretty damn cool. But unlike you I know what cheering for a team who wins the PL feels like. You know, if we're discussing frames of reference.

Anyway, I think Liverpool wins it this year. And you'll go nuts celebrating and you'll enjoy it more than this year's CL title. You might not admit it now, but you will.
Of course we will be going nuts when we win the league...because we will be celebrating a treble

9 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’d rather win the CL than the PL. I said as much in last years thread. The CL is the biggest trophy there is. That said the PL is a huge deal and I will celebrate just as much as I did for #6.

This is the correct answer and only a plastic City fan would think differently.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, mdmost said:

Just got my 19 shirt, Champions scarf, and 6 Champions pin from overseas. The gold lettering on the back of the shirt is nice. Saving it for South Bend. 

Got mine with 6 and Allez Allez Allez for the name plate. Love the gold lettering and the champions league patch with 6. Also I haven’t gotten a new one since the Andy Carroll debacle and it seems like the new offerings from new balance are much better quality than they were.

• Like 1