Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

I feel we’re due for a defection or 2 after the season. The allure of Spain will always be there for guys born in warmer climates. At least Edwards knows how to squeeze those clubs that come calling into business that will eventually benefit Liverpool. 

I am of the opinion that i dont think we lose a key contributor in the next few years...why would any of the players want to leave this dream scenario

Trophies: check

Playing time: check

Top manager: check

Adored by fans: check

Wages: check

Only reason they would be tempted is for insane $$$.... I also dont think Klopp is worried about bringing in to much more. This is the team he built for 3 years and now its trophy hunting season

You could be right. Winning trophies could be the cure all. I just weirdly see one or two of these guys saying "well, I've conquered the EPL, time to try La Liga". Or maybe they think a change of scenery could be better for their profile. Nothing lasts forever. I mean it's not something I'm really fretting over. Just trying to enjoy this run for as long as it holds. 

Edited by mdmost

On 2/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, Bone3421 said:

Only reason they would be tempted is for insane $$$.... I also dont think Klopp is worried about bringing in to much more. This is the team he built for 3 years and now its trophy hunting season

Did you see the weather in England this weekend?  Would you rather live in Barcelona / Madrid / Mallorca/ Valencia or Liverpool? 

There's quite a few "off the pitch" reasons why players go to Spain

Did you see the weather in England this weekend?  Would you rather live in Barcelona / Madrid / Mallorca/ Valencia or Liverpool? 
I get that, but i think that happens after this team is together for a couple more years.
I would be shocked/disappointed if any of the key guys left during this possible dominance streak over next 2/3 years....but we'll find out later obviously

I'm old enough to know that you can NEVER count on future success, no matter how good it appears going forward or how you can never see anything breaking it up.

I trust Klopp and FSG to try and keep the band together and everything rolling, but I'm going to try and enjoy the hell out of this season while it lasts.  This is an all-timer and I want to enjoy it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Even when the sun's out the grass isn't always greener....... There are plenty of players that probably wished they never made that move. 

Feels like forever since we've played. In case you're looking for some reading on a former player, here's The Athletic on the winger who was once seen as the next Raheem Sterling: 

When Jordon Ibe Crashed His Car Into a Coffee Shop

Safe to say £15M for him was fantastic business. Hope for his sake he can get his career back on track.

2 hours ago, pied said:

SOOOO glad to have a PC tomorrow and game this weekend.  I've been in withdrawls...

Agreed. Is it weird that I miss matches that start at 6 am? I like getting them in early and then having the rest of my day to enjoy a nice Liverpool win. Feels like forever since we've had one that early.  Next one is March 7th at 6:30 with Bournemouth. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1