Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

I had this fear going into CL against squads we don't normally see. The EPL teams, you know their tendencies and Klopp has been able to breakdown each opponent and emerge with a result. With CL, Liverpool always seems to be in a deficit going into matches in Spain or Russia against teams that like to fall when touched. Then you give up an uncharacteristic goal very early. We had chances, just couldn't bury them. It will be different at Anfield. I'll be honest that when we lose, I'm obviously very angry. But that cup last year has made me a lot more chill when we see adversity like yesterday. I think we'll be fine. If not, we still have something the club hasn't won in 30 years to look forward to. 

Edited by mdmost

Following last year’s Bayern 1st leg we have played 24 games in all completions at Anfield. We’ve won 23 and drawn 1. We’ve outscored our opponents 69-21 (64-16 if you take out the young team game against Arsenal in the Carabao).

The last time an opponent scored was December 4th against Everton when Adrian, Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri and Origi were all in the starting lineup. We’re currently on a 675 minute home scoreless streak. 

7 hours ago, maninblack said:

If the 3 weeks is accurate then at best Hendo might make the bench for the return leg. K8A and Ox should get plenty of minutes. I'd bet our team in the FA match against Chelsea is the same squad that'll play Atleti.

I’ll take that bet. We’ll have some backups starting in the FA cup. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

In my Facebook memories today, a bit of interesting coincidence. Two years ago today, @Jive Turkey and I made the pilgrimage to Anfield to see LIverpool take on...West Ham. 4-1 that day. Hopefully 4-0 today. YNWA!

28059272_10213073434448950_6129346923205095474_n.jpg

This picture is a little odd in that there are NO opposing players, right after what was a score (I'm assuming).

Great seats, Main Stand I assume?

1 hour ago, pied said:

This picture is a little odd in that there are NO opposing players, right after what was a score (I'm assuming).

Great seats, Main Stand I assume?

After Salah's goal in the Kop End, 2nd half. Jive and I were about 3 rows off the pitch in the corner of King Kenny's stand.